Chapter 3

At a moment of carelessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The drive home was blurry. He didn’t remember if he was driving safely or did he stepped over the speed limit. He wasn’t even sure if he responsed to anything Soo ah’s had said in the car. He felt weird- confused, guilty, and sad. But, above all, he greatly missed his lover. He barely able to contained his longing feeling toward Hye sung. He would have chase after the stranger if he had not remember that Yi Rang is at Dongwan’s place and he needed to picked her up.

Once arrived, Eric silently picked up his sleeping daughter. He doesn’t mind the restrained hurt look on Soo ah’s face and proceed to carry his daughter to her room. He carefully pull the comforter and kissed her forehead. As he was leaving the room, his eyes caught a glimpse of photo frames on the wall - a picture of him and Soo ah on their wedding day and Yi rang’s first birthday party had Eric feel nauseated. He clenched his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned white. ‘I was so fool back then’.

“I need to get out of here” he whispered to himself, as the squasy feeling come back, even more than before.

*

Eric finally regained a sense of calmness as he entered the apartment. “I’m home, my love” he said to the empty apartment. Forcing himself to smile, he went to the kitchen and grab a bottle of beer and a glass. He then make himself comfortable on the couch as he switched on the television. Soon enough, a video of Hye sung and himself from the old days played loudly. Hye sung’s laughter and voice filled the apartment and once again, he feels comforted as if Hye sung is by his side.

“Don’t film me!”

-Flashback-

“Dont’t film me!” Hye sung whined. He tried to cover the camera’s lens with one hand while trying to cover his face with another hand.

Eic’s laugh bloomed. “Why can’t I? You’re mine” he said, still focussing his camera on Hye sung as he walked backward.

“I’ll always be by your side..so, you don’t need to record me or anything” Hye sung said as he looked straight into Eric’s eyes. He somehow gave up to stop his lover from filming him.

“I know. I won’t let you leave my side. I will annoy you forever..you’re stuck with me whether you like it or not” Eric said confidently.

Hye sung laughed loudly. “Forever…Mun Jung Hyuk”

-end of flashback-

“I’m sorry Hye sung” Eric sobbed. “I’m very very sorry…” Eric chanted, hoping that his lover could hear him.

**

Eric checked his reflection once more before he stepped out from the car. His eyes are little bit swollen but he had make sure that there’s no trace of alcohol left on his face. He then entered the house and went straight to the dining room, where he could find Soo ah and the neatly arranged table with Korean-style breakfast.

“Yi rang?” he asked shortly as he sits down.

“Getting ready. She’ll come down shortly” she answered and study her husband’s face. “Are you alright, Eric?” she asked, carefully. She doesn’t ask where he went last night, because she already know that Eric will not answer her. She had always know that her husband will never give his heart no matter how hard she try.

“I will send her this morning. But I can’t make it for her art class. You have to fetch her later” Eric answered, smoothly avoiding her question. It was a harmless question. He can easily give her the answer but his resentment toward her forbid him from answering.

“Daddy!” a girl in blue dress beamed.

“Good morning sweetheart” Eric smiled.

“Good morning daddy” she greeted back.

“Daddy have to meet Uncle Andy later so eat your breakfast quickly, okay” Eric said gently, as he patted his daughter’s head.

“Alright” she answered cheerfully.

Eric was glad that he could see Yi rang’s eat deliciously. It make his decision to returned home a worthwhile. He could easily go to his office from the apartment but he knows that it will upset Yi rang if they couldn’t have breakfast together. ‘Yi rang-ah, you’re my strength now..please don’t leave me’

**

“Enough for the business” Eric finally said, after hours of meeting. He closed the laptop and set it aside.

“Something bothering you, hyung?” Andy asked, as he looked at his friend. They had been friend for years that he can easily read the sign when something is off.

“Andy-ah..by any chance..do you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter