Chapter 6

At a moment of carelessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ this !” Hye sung said to himself. “To the hell with Eric Mun!” he glared at the empty space in front of him, imagining as if Eric was there. “He got nothing to do with me anymore!” he said finally, as he walked to the bathroom,, feeling determined.

‘So..what if I don’t remember him…’ he scoffed as he leather the shampoo and massaged his scalp. ‘We’re not in a relationship anymore…’

Hye sung felt his heart sting despite all the word he said. He tried to ignore the bitter feeling by continue the shower. Once finished, he exited the bathroom and get dressed. He paused midway when he caught his reflection in the mirror. In a short time, he had changed quite noticeably; his eyes are red from lack of sleep and too much crying; his cheek looked skinnier; and he looked sickly pale. He sighed in distaste.

“I can’t be like this..I didn’t come here to end up like this..” he ruffled his wet hair miserably.

Hye sung decided that three days are enough to indulged himself in self-pity. He had cried, screamed, threw stuff around (the villa was in complete mess and for a neat freak;it’s quite a sight) and even drew few dark-theme painting to expressed all the negative feeling he invested for a man named Eric Mun. He even fainted at some point; due to the stress and malnutrition.

“I should focus on myself..my career..my life..” he chanted as he cleaned up the mess he created.

He picked up all the tissues laying around, the crumpled papers, dirty clothes, broken glasses (he had smashed a few when he was drinking) and even his phone- yes, somehow, he had threw it; probably when he got a call from an unknown number which he assumed as Eric’s number. The phone’s screen cracked beyond repair and the battery got detached from the phone.

Once the villa looked decent again, he packed his bags and put them in the car.

“What should I do with these?” hye sung stared at the drawings he had organized a moment ago. Looking through them again, he could recalled the feeling he had when he drew them. Hesitating between to keep them and throw them away, he paced around the living room before he decided to

put away the drawing together with the notes from Eric in a box he found in the storage room. He then take the box and the other rubbish to the disposal place before he drives back to his apartment.

**

Eric pressed the door bell for the umpteenth times. When he got no answer, he banged on the door loudly. He doesn’t care if Hye sung’s neighbour will come out and scold him again (like two days ago in which he nearly got into a fight with a middle-aged man). The truth is Eric has been coming to Hye sung’s place since the day after his brief encounter with Hye sung. He had get the adress and phone number from Min woo in which his best friend had refused to give in the first place. It was Dong wan who convinced Min woo to tell Eric the information the tall man wanted. It was shocking to find out Dong wan had a change of mind, but he’s sure lucky that Dong wan was helping him. Eric sighed defeatedly when he once again meet the cold silence.

‘Hye sung-ah..please open the door’ Eric wished desperately as he leaned against the door, his head down and shoulder slumped tiredly.

“What are you doing here?”

Eric abruptly stand up. He sighed in relief as he finally got to see Hye sung. Hye sung’s face had changed from surprised to guarded cold in a second. He saw Hye sung was carrying bags in both hand. He approached the younger, asking, “Where did you went, Sung-ah?”

Hye sung took a step back. “I asked what are you doing here, Mr Mun?” he repeated in a hard voice.

“Sung-ah..” Eric reached out his hand, but again Hye sung took a step back.

“Leave before I call the security”

“Please Hye sung..I..I have many thing to tell you..” Eric pleaded, his eyes locked into Hye sung’s. “Can we just..talk?”

“Talk?” Hye sung scoffed. He study the man in front of him. From head to toe, he doesn’t look any better than him. Something stirred inside of him when he see Eric in that state. His resolve to push away the man suddenly weakened and he find it hard to maintain his cold expression. “Fine..” he said slowly.

Eric’s face lighted up.

“but only as a friend..can you do that?”

“What? Friend..? Hye sung-ah…” Eric said in disbelief. He baffled at the condition given by the slender man.

“Take it or leave it, Eric…” Hye sung glared at the man in front of him.

“Fine..” Eric gave in. There’s no use to argue over this matter. He needs to get close to Hye sung, not to further irritate the man. “Are we going to talk here? Even as friend, you can invite me in, right? Or is that too much to ask?”

“Indeed too much…I’m not going to let someone as good as stranger into my place..so if you can please leave now, I will be very grateful. I will let you know later where and when..” Hye sung said before he walked past Eric.

“Stranger…”

Hye sung heard Eric mumbled as he unlocked the door. The younger then quickly entered his unit without saying any word to Eric. Hye sung afraid that his resolve would be shaken again if he saw what expression is Eric wearing currently. ‘Did he always have this kind of effect on me?’ he wondered to himself.

**

It was a fatal blow for Eric to be regarded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter