Chapter 7

At a moment of carelessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo ah let her fingers run on the bed as she stared at the empty spot blankly. ‘Eric didn’t come home again tonight’ she sighed. She left the room quietly, making sure to not leave any trace of her ever evading Eric’s space. She well aware how much Eric hate it when she entered his room without his permission. If she recalled correctly, they have been sleeping separately since she gave birth to Yi rang. Back then when she was still carrying her daughter, Eric still treated her nicely and always stay with her, attending whatever her needs. He even patiently helped her to get over her nightmare; seeing her fiance got hit by a car. However, her happy marriage was short-lived. Everything changed after Yi rang was born. As the season changed, and years passed, Eric becomes more distant. They only acted like a normal happy couple in front of Yi rang. All the smiles and small touch only appear in the presence of their daughter; it was so pathetic that it make her resents Eric sometimes. Soo ah doubted that Eric ever see her as a woman, whatmore his wife.

Soo ah stared at the closed door for a moment before she walked back to her room. Once in her room, she walked over to the cupboard and pull out a maroon-coloured lingerie. She took one good look at the lingerie before she tossed it carelessly on the bed. She picked another lingerie, this time, she changed into the lingerie and sprayed perfume all over her body. She smiled at her own reflection in the mirror. ‘I’m so hot ’ she thought happily for one moment. ‘But why he never touch me?’ She traced her own face slowly. ‘Can’t he see how perfect I am?’ She smiled, before her expression turned sour. “What am I lacking?” she yelled.

‘You’re not him’

A voice resonated inside her head. “No..no..I’m prettier…I’m way better than that son of b*tch” she pulled her hair histerically. She rummaged through her collection of lingerie which she bought to pleased Eric. But each time she tried to seduce her husband, it ended horribly. Eric would straight up ignore her or sometime he would even left their house. There was once when she tempted to spike Eric’s drink so that she can have her way with Eric but knowing it’s not the way she wanted to spend their first night together, she removed the idea from her head. Even after six years of marriage, Eric never touch her and the only intimacy they ever shared was the brief kiss during their wedding caremony. It always pained her because Eric never give her a chance to show that she can be the best wife he could ever wished for. Despite all her effort to win over Eric’s heart, none of it succeeded. She could say that it only add up the reason of their rocky marriage.

“What so great about him?!” Soo ah suddenly yelled at the messy pile of lingeries. In her anger, she torn them recklessly. ‘Is Eric with him now?’ She thought furiously as she finally know the person who’s been occuping Eric’s heart and mind. She got up from the bed and retrieved the envelope from the side table’s drawer. She took out a picture of Hye sung; he was smiling brightly in the picture. Soo ah feel her anger rising. She ripped the picture to small pieces in no time. “You kept him hidden so well Eric…so why now…why??”

“He need to dissappear…from Eric…from this world…only then Eric will be mine…” Soo ah smirked meaningfully.

**

“Knock knock”

Eric looked up from the file he was analysing. He saw Min woo standing at his door, smiling at him.

“Aren’t you coming in?” Eric asked as he put down the pen he was holding.

“Can I?” Min woo smiled cheekily.

“Since when you need my permission to enter?” Eric rolled his eyes at the shorter man.

“So..lunch?” Min woo asked as he picked up a photo frame in front of him. It’s brand new; he can tell that much because the frame never been there before. And it’s not shocking to see it hold Hye sung’s picture. It was a picture from their picnic-date back in the States. In the picture, Hye sung was sitting under a large tree, face down and all focused on the book he was reading. He looked angelic clad in all white. Min woo bet Hye sung wasn’t even aware of the existence of the picture. Eric had always have the habit of capturing Hye sung using his camera lenses. As much as it sounded romantic to others, Eric’s habit annoyed the hell out of Hye sung and more than often caused the argument between them. Min woo put down the frame carefully without any comment.

Eric glanced at his watch. “Sure..but we can’t go too far…I’m pretty busy today” Eric pointed at the pile of file on his left.

“Ouch…tough day, huh?”

“Is Dong wan joining us?” Eric asked as they entered the elevator.

“Nah..he’s out of town for his new book” Min woo pressed the button to the parking lot.

“You drive” Eric tossed his car key to Min woo as he quickly get into the passenger seat.

“You mikkulaji!” Min woo grumbled as he started the engine and drove off.

Min woo bring them to the nearby restaurant as per Eric’s request. It was a famous Italian restaurant in the area. Delicious smell of pasta fill-in their nose once they stepped in, making the two hungry. They ordered soon after they managed to get a table at the back corner of the restaurant.

“You looked tad bit glowing Eric” Min woo commented after they finished their lunch.

“Am I?” Eric smiled at his best friend.

“Care to tell me the reason?”

“I talked to Hye sung” Eric smiled again. He felt proud telling it to Min woo, as if he just achieved something big.

“You did?” Min woo looked surprised. His small eyes bulged comically. He cleared his throat briefly, as he noticed Eric got offended by his reaction. “That’s a good start then…” he praised.

“I know..” Eric agreed quickly, smile not leaving his face. Though their talk didn’t end smoothly, in fact it was kind of choatic, it still make Eric happy every time he thinks about it. It is indeed a good start.

“What did you two talked about?” Min woo’s curiosity arise as he saw Eric smiling non-stop. He doubted the conversation went well. But again, maybe it did, because Eric can be a sweet talker and Hye sung’s lack of memory might have helped too.

“Well..” Eric fidgeted; he absent-mindedly tapped his finger on the table. “thereasonIlefthim” he continued quickly, making it hard for MIn woo to understand.

“Yah! Tell me again..slowly” Min woo kicked Eric’s leg (not too hard though) to make Eric focus on him again.

“I told him the reason I left him” Eric repeated slowly in much louder voice.

Min woo can’t help to widened his eyes in surprise again. “Then..what was his reaction..did you two fight..?” he asked eagerly.

“No…” Eric paused and take a sip of the red wine. “..he took it rather well..”

“Like seriously?” Min woo raised his brow, doubting his best friend. “No offense Eric..but if Dong wan ever did something similar and waited six ing years to tell me the reason..I will kill him on the spot”

Eric glared at his friend, but the shorter man just brush it off. “Do you even know what happened to Hye sung?” Min woo asked curiously.

Eric nodded. “He doesn’t remember me..” Eric answered sadly.

Min woo didn’t expect Hye sung to tell Eric about the accident. But he was glad knowing Hye sung had the courtesy to tell the truth, unlike the coward in front of him. “Did you asked how it happened? Hye sung didn’t tell us much about it” Min woo wanted to know about the accident badly. What trigger Hye sung to lost his memory of Eric. Of course the break up was cruel, but Min woo believes there’s more to it.

“Well..in a way…” Eric answered, thinking that Hye sung did lost his memory solely due to his hatred toward him. Eric wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter