Chapter 5

At a moment of carelessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min woo stepped on the brake abruptly. “Mianhe” he quickly apologized to the startled Hye sung.

“It’s alright” Hye sung gave a reassured smile.

“Be more careful, Bongie” Dong wan reprimanded his lover meaningfully. His eyes were saying ‘can’t you be more obvious?’

“Did I asked something wrong?” Hye sung asked when he finally calmed down. He looked at both of his friends and he could tell that they are hiding something from him. Uncomfortable feeling settled in his stomach. ‘Maybe I shouldn’t have ask after all’

“No..you didn’t asked anything wrong, Syung-ah.” Dong wan answered, as Min woo resumed driving. The restaurant is nearby, he could see it already. ‘Can Andy make it if I texted him now?’ Dong wan thought as he typed in message to Andy, asking the youngest to join them for dinner. “That person is our friend of course”

Min woo’s eyes widened at the answer Dong wan gave. ‘I can’t believed it..he basically just told Hye sung about Eric’ he panicked.

“I know that much of course..” Hye sung pouted. He got the feeling that he has to try harder because he knows that neither Dong wan nor Min woo will give him straight answer. “I want to know who is he..isn’t it weird that I forgot about him while I remember the rest of you..”

“Well..of course it’s not..you had lost your memory before..”Min woo said as he parked his car. He unbuckled the seatbelt and turned his body to faced Hye sung. “maybe you haven’t regained your memory completely..”

“But..”

“Can we wait until after dinner? We’ll talk about this more” Dong wan interrupted.

Hye sung’s face showed that he doesn’t like the idea.

“I promise” Dong wan added. “Plus..Andy will be joining us..you haven’t meet Andy yet right”

Hye sung sighed. He know he can’t win this argument. Pouting, he exited the car and followed after the couple without any word.

Min woo got them a room for more privacy. Once seated, they make an order, including for Andy’s. The maknae came in just after the dinner is served. Seeing the heavy awkwardness in the room, Andy didn’t say much, except exchanged greeting to the hyungs. They then eat their dinner in silence.

“Gosh..if this continue any longer..I won’t be able to digest my food” Andy complained at the lack of sound in the room.

“Said the person who devoured his food like a starved man” Min woo mocked. He sipped the wine slowly. “I like this one, Wannie..get me one later”

“I am a busy man okay..I hardly have a proper meal these days” Andy defended himself. He picked up his chopstick and steal a peace of meat from Hye sung’s plate. But the guy is still unresponsive.

“Seriously Hye sung hyung..” Andy said defeatedly. “Six years no communation and you’re giving me a silent treatment now” Andy rolled his eyes.

“I am not” Hye sung said, not so convincingly as he finished his last bite.

“What are you sulking about?” Andy asked. He swirled the wine in his hand as he looked at the brunette.

“They are hiding something from me…for some reason I think Jinnie does too..” Hye sung pouted before continue, “..but you won’t do that to me, right?” he said hopefully.

Andy was speechless at the puppy eyes showered by Hye sung. It felt so unreal when Hye sung did aegyo so openly like this. “Omo..did these old men bully you?” he cooed.

Hye sung nodded; still acting cute. It was fun actually to know that his aegyo has an effect to Andy as well; he thought that it worked on Jun jin only.

“Yah! Stop it you two..” Dong wan scolded, jokingly.

“Sung-ah..we are not hiding anything from you..” Min woo started; his face is all serious. “It just that this topic is very complicated to discuss” he continued.

“Truthfully, we don’t know how much of your memory got affected from the accident and how much you gained back” Dong wan explained.

“What?! You were in accident? When? What kind of accident? How did it happened?” Andy bombarded Hye sung with questions. He can’t hide how shocked he was.

“I guess Jinnie didn’t tell anybody huh?” Hye sung sighed. He remembered that Woodong couple also reacted the same way when they found out about his accident.

“Well..it’s just a car accident..”he said like it was not a life and death matter. Seeing how Andy’s eyes almost popped out, he added, “really..nothing big..” he scratched his head awkwardly. “well..maybe it was”

Andy gulped down the wine like it was soju.

“Hmm..I heard from Jinnie the accident wasn’t pretty and I got hurt..badly..and took sometime to wake up” he continued in a small voice. Hye sung wanted to avoid explaning about the accident. It happened years ago, sure he was in horrible state, but that was years ago. More importantly now, he’s alive and healthy.

“Define badly” Dong wan said. His voice was hard.

“You were in coma?” Andy asked, disbelief.

“For how long?” Min woo added, impatiently.

“Badly as in bleeding and broken bones..the usual stuff when you were in car crash” Hye sung said, noncholantly. That earned him a hit from Dong wan.

“Yah!” Hye sung rubbed his head. “I was in coma for..hhmm…give and take 3 month I think” Hye sung said, emotionlessly.

“SHIN HYE SUNG!!” yelled the the other three.

“Anyway I recovered just fine” Hye sung said, trying to disclose the topic quickly.

He didn’t bother to tell the fact that he was mute from the shock for almost one year. The doctor said it was due to post traumatic stress disorder. At one point, he had thought that there’s more than the accident that had trigger the PTSD plus the memory lost, but whenever he try to recall the accident back, his head would hurt like crazy and often resulted in panic attack. For his sake and Jinnie’s, he tried to make peace with his past by accepting that he may not be able to remember what had caused the accident.

“How did you got back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter