kid in a candy store

The Most Beautiful Moment(s) in Life

Chapter Text

yoongi's eyes literally light up as they enter the, frankly huge, music store. he immediately heads over to the producing equipment section, unable to keep his excitement contained, and jungkook just watches him fondly, following a pace or two behind. they play on the keyboards - or rather, yoongi tests the feel of the keyboards while jungkook just messes about on them - and yoongi makes little notes about each one on his phone. by the end of it, he's narrowed it down to two which are the most cost-effective and decides to sleep on it, but he does get the new microphone he'd researched already and desperately been needing.

jungkook asks about his equipment and what he's currently working on as they walk home, though he doesn't really need to since yoongi happily talks about them anyway with a glint in his eye. jungkook listens fondly and with interest, even when yoongi somehow segways into talking about a type of dinosaur he recently discovered (not like, discovered discovered, of course), and at that point he just looks so cute and he's smiling his gummy smile even while talking and his cheeks are bunched up and eyes turned to crescents and jungkook literally can't help it anymore. so he kisses him.

or at least, tries to. he forgot he was wearing a mask.

yoongi blinks a couple of times in shock, then giggles which increases his current cuteness rating by, like, a hundred and jungkook is so far gone.

he pulls his mask under his chin bashfully, blushing a little from embarrassment.

"can i try that again?"

yoongi giggles once more. cute.

"you can indeed."

yoongi meets him halfway.