the corners of your lips

The Most Beautiful Moment(s) in Life

 

Q: The TMI you want to make known?

Yoongi: My lips are cracked on both sides right now

 

:*

 

“My lips are very dry. They are chapped here,” Yoongi pouts, furrowing his brow a little while poking at the offending corners of his mouth with his fingers. He looks at the camera again and smiles cutely, ignoring the uncomfortable stretch in his dry skin of and around his lips.

“Right, you are all right,” he continues, and carries on with the live.

 

:*

 

About 15 minutes later, he’s turned off the live and washed up, and is heading over to the maknae’s room. He doesn’t always sleep in another member’s room, but today he’s craving some contact; wants to sleep curled up next to someone familiar, someone he loves; doesn’t want to be alone in his too big hotel room. They always complain when another member has a bigger room than them, but in reality, it’s kind of lonely sometimes. Especially after so many years of living together and sharing their sleeping space. Even now, each of them with their own rooms at their dorms, it’s not uncommon to find some of the boys in the same room, or bed at night.

But it’s Jungkook he wants today, so here he is, knocking on his door and hoping one of the other’s haven’t beaten him to it, or that Jungkook hasn’t fallen asleep already.

A couple of seconds later, Jungkook opens the door, immediately smiling upon seeing that it’s Yoongi.

“Hey, hyung,” he greets.

Yoongi hums. “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

“Always!” Jungkook replies, stepping aside and letting Yoongi in. “You don’t need to ask, baby, I’ve told you this.”

“Yeah, but still,” Yoongi mumbles as he shuffles towards the bed. He plops down on it, eyes half closed, all the exhaustion from the concert catching up to him. He feels the bed dip as Jungkook lays down on the other side, then feels a hand tugging at his shirt to get him to lie down too. He obliges, letting out a yawn and curling up to face Jungkook, who scooches a little closer to him and runs a hand through Yoongi’s still damp hair.

Yoongi lets his eyes fall fully closed, sighing into the touch of Jungkook’s hand. His balmed lips begin to feel dry and chapped again, despite the copious amount of vaseline coating them, and they itch uncomfortably at the corners so he automatically reaches a hand up to rub at the edges of his mouth. Jungkook quickly stops his hand, however, pulling it away from his abused lips and rubbing circles into it with his thumb.

“Still dry, huh?”

Yoongi nods, pouting. “They won’t go away, no matter how much Vaseline I put on. They just get itchier with it.”

Jungkook hums, leans forward to kiss each corner of his mouth, then kiss his pout full on.

“Are you drinking enough water?”

“I think so.”

“Hm.” Jungkook cups Yoongi’s face and brushes his thumb against the corner of his lip. “They’re still cute though.”

Yoongi giggles despite himself. “Hey, they’re causing me pain! How can you say something that evil is cute?”

“You’re right, you’re right,” Jungkook laughs, “I must fight them. No one hurts my precious Yoonie-hyung and gets away with it.”

Yoongi giggles softly again, closes his eyes again. “You’re the best, Kookie.”

Jungkook kisses his lips once more, then throws his arm over him and pulls him closer, both of them falling asleep in seconds.