Saipan

The Most Beautiful Moment(s) in Life

Summary: what really happened in saipan

Tags: canon, fluff, implied (?)

---

“I just hope we’ll always be happy together,” Jungkook finishes his little speech for Yoongi, looking over at the elder somewhat nervously, but mostly just lovingly. Yoongi isn’t looking back at him though, instead staring at the floor but it’s obvious he’s touched by Jungkook’s words.

“Come on, hug!” Jimin says, clapping his hands as the other boys agree.

Jungkook gets up first, grinning as he beckons Yoongi over, clapping his hands twice. Yoongi shyly sets aside the cushion that had been resting on his lap and makes to hug Jungkook, but at the last second Jungkook bends down and picks him up by the thighs instead, and Yoongi just goes along with it. Jungkook gently bounces Yoongi in his arms, his hands shifting to his but he grins up at him with so much love and adoration in his eyes that Yoongi can’t bring himself to care about the fact that Jungkook is holding his on camera and in front of the members and the camera crew - when it was just supposed to be a hug.

As though pulled by an external force, they end up gravitating closer and closer towards each other until their lips meet. The hoots of laughter and whistles from the boys as well as the sighs from the camera crew completely fade away, nothing more than a distant whisper left to the ears of the couple, so lost in their own world. After they finally break apart, they hold each other's gaze a moment longer, Jungkook trying to show Yoongi through picking him up, through the kiss, through his gaze, that he can always rely on him, that he’ll always be there for him. Yoongi’s gaze answering that he knows, that he’s thankful, that he offers the same in return.

Eventually, Namjoon’s voice brings them back to the present.

“Should we retake that?”

Yoongi’s ears start to burn as he properly realises their situation. Jungkook, in turn, lets out a small nervous giggle. He squeezes Yoongi’s once more before setting Yoongi back on the ground and awkwardly remaining in the centre while they await the camera crew’s response.

“We’ll just cut the kiss out, we can keep the rest,” one of the directors says, “If we take it again it won’t be genuine, and we all know these two can’t act.”

“Excuse you,” Jungkook interjects in mock offence, but laughs along with everyone else.

“Anyway, we all get it,” Seokjin says after another few moments pass, throwing a pillow at the couple. “You’re in love, now get off the stage! We would like to move on from this.”

“Okay, okay,” Jungkook says. He kisses Yoongi’s cheek just to annoy Seokjin then practically hurls himself back onto his seat, while Yoongi much more sensibly returns to his, picking up the poor forgotten cushion that had fallen off the sofa before.

Jungkook makes a kissy face at him across the room, and Yoongi can still feel his ears burning a little.

They have a couple more sections to film here, and it goes much like it always does. It isn't until later that evening when Jungkook and Yoongi get to finish what they started.