VI

Red Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol spent his day off doing nothing but work on any summer work he had left for school. The day not as interesting as it was earlier when he met Kyungsoo. 

As the next day rolled by and he did his usual routine of waking up, getting ready to go to work, then leaving. It was a relatively quite day, not many people coming in and the ones that did never prolonged their stay. He spent the day mostly talking to Minseok and Baekhyun, mainly talking about how boring the summer was since they had to work. Also about if they've finished the summer work yet, if they’re ready to go to school next month. 

They heard the bell telling them a person has entered. Chanyeol went turned to his register an unsuprisingly it was Kyungsoo. Chanyeol gave him a smile, happy to see Kyungsoo again. He looked the same as the last time he saw him, he was wearing black from head to toe and his round glasses. Just the mere thought of him gave him butterflies, looking at him in person felt like a storm. Chanyeol had a feeling that Kyungsoo was going to order the same drink that he had ordered the last he came to the cafe. As he walked up the him he saw the small smile the grazed Kyungsoo's lips.

"Hi, Chanyeol right?" Was the first thing he said to him in his soft deep voice.

"Yeah, Kyungsoo right?" He replied with a shy grin.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you again. I actually came yesterday and I didn't see you."

"Oh I had a day off." Chanyeol said rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "So what are you going to order?" He asked already typing in the same order as last time.

"Right, can I get a small caramel macchiato with almond milk and whipped cream. I don't know what cake to get though. What do you recommend?" Kyungsoo asked him, glancing from the cakes to Chanyeol.

"Um, how about the Strawberry Shortcake?" He said uncertainly.

"Okay then the Strawberry Shortcake it is then."

"That'll be $4.89." Chanyeol said after putting his order. 

Kyungsoo reached into his back pocket for his wallet to get his credit card. Once he pulled it out his searched the card holders and didn't see it in there. And he didn't have cash on him. "." He muttered under his breath. "Um, I didn't bring my card and I don't have cash on me. Just cancel the order, I'll come another time." He said ready to walk away. But stopped once Chanyeol started talking.

"Oh, it's fine. I'll just pay for it." Chanyeol said without a second thought. Kyungsoo stared at him, his eyes widening a bit. "Nah, it's fine. I'll just come by later and buy it." He said. Chanyeol looked at him and gave him his famous happy virus smile, making it extra special for his soulmate. Kyungsoo could feel his ears start burning when he saw the smile. "No, I insist. It's on the house." He said while moving to get Kyungsoo's order. He wordlessly handed him his coffee and slice of cake. 

"I'll pay you back. How about I buy you lunch one of these days." Kyungsoo said, not feeling like it was right that he took free food from such a nice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter