I

Red Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light flowed through the blinds of the window, shining on the peacefully sleeping figure. Always Awake by Jazzyfact started to blast throughout the room startling the sleeping giant awake. Reaching over to his nightstand he turned the alarm off. Groggily getting out of bed ready to start his day.  

"CHANYEOL! Hurry up or you'll be late for work again!" Yelled a voice from downstairs. Mustering up all his energy the still sleepy giant yelled back an ok eomma. Getting ready to head off to his summer job at the local coffee shop, Chanyeol did his bathroom  necessities, got dressed grabbed his bag and started heading downstairs to greet his parents good morning. 

"Good morning Eomma, appa." He said ignoring the strings that he sees tied to his parents. "Good morning Chanyeol. You should hurry before you're late to work." His father warned him. "Alright. I'll see you guys when I get home." He said putting his shoes on and heading out the door. 

Deciding to walk since the shop wasn't that far from his house. He tried to ignore the different colored strings he sees tied to people. These strings were all sorts of colors and throughout the years Chanyeol has learned what the meaning for them are. 

Red strings meant that those people at each end were meant to be together forever, they are soulmates. Yellow meant friendship but not a close friendship. Orange meant a friendship that will last a lifetime. Pink meant family love, like a parent connected to their child. And dark pink meant that person had a crush. There are strings that don't have an end like white strings, they meant that person has a pure heart. Black meant that person is depressed. These strings have cause Chanyeol to get into trouble and over time he learned not to speak of them.

There were strings that are more common to see than others like yellow, pink, dark pink, black and red. Orange and white were harder find, orange was more common for the elderly than a person around his age. White was most common

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter