NEW LIFE

twist in fate

 

Now, I’m roaming around the campus to familiarize myself, well I didn’t really have to do this but it’s a must to eliminate suspicions. When I’m walking around the campus, I bumped into my ex-roommates in my old dormitory. It’s Paola Flores, April and Jenny Torres, and Anna Diaz; my roommates who shared so much memories in my life. Well, they’ve already seen me during Sophie’s (my) burial. We decided to chat for a while, they told me all about Sophie (which is me) and they also accompanied to roam around. I really missed them, but I guess that’s how life is. After that, I said to them that I have my own house in one of the subdivisions in Dumaguete near our University and I said that they’re always welcome there.

Well, the house that I’ve mentioned is a gift from Mommy Eula since I had to have a new place to stay but I didn’t expect that she would buy me a house. The house is a townhouse-like design. Two-storey house, 4 bedrooms having bathrooms each, kitchen and dining room, living room, study room, Jacuzzi at the back of the house (in my garden). Well, the house is really a beauty. I have my own housekeeper, a forty-year old woman whose family is in Valencia so she stayed there with me.  My mom occasionally visits me from Victorias Cityto check on me. Mommy Eula also calls me often. She also told me that she has a niece also a nurse working as a clinical instructor in the university and tell me to come to her if I need something regarding my academics because she said that her niece is smart. I thank my Mommy about it but I refused the offer because as I’ve said to her, I want to be independent.

Well, I’ve been able to adapt myself in my new life. I’ve become close to my old peer. I’m beginning to be close to my classmate, Christin Pearl. We’ve been together with our other friends during lunch, in hospital duties, and on something else.

I’ve also get to know the name of that lady. On the day that I first saw her, my classmate, Erik saw me staring at her.

 

(Flashback)

 

“Hey AJ, what are you doing here outside? What are you looking at?”

 

“Oh, it’s you. Uhhmm…nothing, just having some fresh air.”

 

“I don’t believe you.” Then he stared where my eyes are directed at. “Oh Merlin’s beard, you have a crush on Ms. Lim!”

 

“What?!!. No, of course not.”

 

“Don’t deny it dude. You’re so transparent like your sister. And beside there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s in our hormones.”

 

“Erik, just as I’ve said I don’t have a crush on her.”

 

“Okay. Tell that to the marines. Hahaha.”

 

(End of Flashback)

 

Well after that I asked Nikki and Crissy about Ms. Lim. I told them that I need to familiarize all the clinical instructors here. And these are what they’ve said. Her name is Cassandra “Cassie” Lim, new faculty in the College of Nursing, and a clinical instructor. She graduated as laude in her BSN and MAN in a University in Cebu but she’s from Dumaguete. And also a Top Notcher of Nursing Licensure Examination. Her family is pure Chinese, the second child in the three children of their family. Wow, I did really investigate about her. I must have been curious about her but let’s just maybe shove it off.

 

Going on, as I said I’m really getting close now to Crissy and I felt something in her actions. I think she’s into me but I don’t really have a thing for her because it’s still awkward for me till now to have a thing for a girl, except on what happened on Prof. Lim (ahhh..Here I go again I’m thinking about her. What is this?).  And maybe because I saw my crush when I was still Sophie. He is Mark Angelo Valdez, the tennis varsity captain. He is handsome and smart, an architecture student. But something’s also different from before. I’m no longer blushing when I saw him or when he greets me. Wow, that’s new.

If you see me now, I can say that I’m more handsome compared to that guy.  Oh geez, here I go again.  Meanwhile, I called Mommy Eula several times to ask what happening to me. As to what she had said, what I’m experiencing right now is a surge of my hormones, particularly testosterone; and I don’t have to worry too much about it, and what’s worse is my parents and Mommy Eula’s been teasing me if I’ve got already a girlfriend. That’s how supportive my family are. See, I’m very much appreciated. Can you detect my sarcasm there? Well at least, I still have their support.