Uncontrollable

Destined Cards

Heejun’s POV:

      I watched as the two Warriors kept rushing at each other, throwing blows so fast that you could barely even see their fists. Every now and then what seemed like fire and light would eliminate in their hands before blasting off at the other Warrior. This caused more damage to their surroundings since they kept dodging the other’s attacks. Once we were sure that we were the only ones left in the cafeteria we all shot up and ran towards the fight.

   “Na-ah! Not you!” I caught my Master by the shoulder as she too jumped up, wanting to join in on the excitement. I pushed her back down into her seat. “You're staying here, where it’s safe.”

“But-!”

“NO! You’re still hurt, remember!”

She looked like she wanted to keep arguing but her shoulders sagged in defeat and didn’t protest any further. I turned to Jihun.

“Hyung, can you stay with her? Make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid?”

Despite the determination masked on his face I could still read the worry and hesitation in his eyes. I smirked. “She won’t bite you hyung. Relax.”

Feeling a tug on my shirt, I looked down to meet another set of worried eyes.

“Be careful.” Emory all but whispered. Grabbing her hand, I smiled.

“I’ll be back soon.”

     I gave her hand a quick squeeze before letting go and dashing after the others. It didn’t take me long to catch up to them for they were just standing together, watching the fight go on. I thought that they would be trying to intervein by now but, instead, N and the other Warriors were just staring at the two in what seemed like shock. I looked over at Allissa and Rori and was happy to find that I wasn’t the only one confused.

“No way….” I heard V mumble to himself and watched as he took a few small steps forward. “Jimin?”

     N was the first to snap out of his reverie and asked Allissa if he could see the new Card she had. Jongkook soon followed, asking Rori for hers. The two Warriors narrowed their eyes intently at the Cards, inspecting them closely.

“I knew it.” N nodded at his Deck mates. “It’s Hyuk’s alright.”

“And this is Jimin-hyung’s.” Jungkook added before handing the Card back to Rori who reached into her pocket and took out two very similar Warrior Cards.

“So…” I put two and two together. “They belong to the BTS and VIXX decks?”

“Yeah.” N answered, frowning at the two who were still fighting. “But why aren’t they in their Cards?”

“And why are they fighting?” Leo added before curving his hands around his mouth and shouting. “YAH!!! HYUK-AH!! OVER HERE!!!!”

 If this ‘Hyuk’ heard Leo’s call, then he sure didn’t show it, for the two just kept going at each other.

“YAH!” V then yelled. “JIMIN-AH!!!! STOP FIGHTING AND COME OVER HERE!!!”

Jungkook made an attempt too. “HYUNG!!!”

“Stop, they’re not going to listen.” N scratched his head in frustration.

“Why do you think that, N?” Rori asked with a concerned look on her face. He shared a look with Leo, who immediately caught on.

“You don’t think….”

N nodded as both of their eyes shot to the Cards in Rori and Allissa’s hands. “But how is that possible?”

    “Alright, while you guys talk about conspiracy theories I’m gonna try to get those two to stop wrecking up the mall.” I rolled my eyes before looking at Jungkook and V. “Come on, you two. Let’s try to get them under control.” They both nodded and followed as I made my way towards the blasts.

“Alright! Alright! That’s enough!!”

     We started running and tried our best to dodge random shots of fire and light. Jungkook dashed ahead towards the smaller looking Warrior blasting fire out of his palms while I shot towards the taller of the two, who was shooting what seemed like light arrows. Because they were both running around at high speed it took us a while, but we were both successful in grabbing and pinning their arms behind them in a tight grip.

“Snap out of it will ya?” I growled, struggling to keep a tight hold on the guy. “You’re causing mass destruction in a highly human populated area!”

“I-I can’t!” He stuttered back. “I’ve been trying, but It’s like I have no control over my body!”

“Huh?!” I asked incredulously.

“It’ true!” He panted. “I know it sounds unlikely, but I really CAN’T control my body! And do you even know how exhausted I AM?! I WANT to stop!!!”

Annoyance was heavily evident in his tone.

“Alright, Hyuk- or are you Jimin?”

“Hyuk… wait, how do you know my name?”

   “Because your Hyungs…” I turned him a little so that he could see the older Warriors standing at the side, conversing with their Master. “Belong to my Master’s older sister.”

“N-hyung?! Leo-hyung?!” He almost screamed in shock.

   “And Ravi-hyung.” I added quickly. “But we’ll talk about them later. Right now, I need you to help me figure things out so we can fix the situation! Now, what was the last thing you remember doing?”

    I heard a sudden scream of pain and turned to see V running around, repeatedly patting his pants which had caught on fire. The Warrior that Jungkook was struggling to contain, or I guess he can now be referred to as Jimin, was laughing and screaming something that sounded like “Oh my Gosh, Sorry! But, c’mon, Man! You should’ve known better than to stand where my hands are pointed at right now!!”

I let out an exasperated sigh before turning my attention back to the pondering Warrior in my hold.

“Uuhh… Well… My Master had called me out after meeting up with one of his friends who wanted to have a friendly duel.” He started off. “But then this random stranger appeared and challenged my Master to a duel for Cards.”

“I’m guessing it was that buddy’s Master?” I nodded to Jimin, not even thinking that Hyuk can’t see me since I’m behind him. But the guy understood me nonetheless.

“Yeah. And since it was such a serious match, my Master ordered me to fight until either I couldn’t get back up or if one of us died.”

“Until one of you DIED?!”

If the guy had control of his body, he probably would’ve shrugged. “My Master doesn’t joke when it involves getting more Cards.”

“Ok, well, what happened next?” I prodded.

     “Uhm…. We started to fight and about an hour in…. I know this sounds crazy but… one thing I know, is that I’m standing in front of the guy on the rooftop of some building, then I blink and we’re here! At first, I wanted to stop fighting and look around, figure out what was going on. But then my body just started moving on its own!”

Ok, that’s one side of the story, now for the other half. I turned my head towards the other Warriors and yelled. “V-hyung!”

The Warrior, who had finally put out the fire on his pants, looked at me and headed our way after I motioned him to come.

“How’s it going on your end?” I asked him. “He having trouble controlling his body too?”

V nodded. “Yeah. Seems to have complete control of his mouth though.”

He frowned in annoyance and shot a quick glare at his restrained Deck Mate.

“What’s his story?”

     “Says that his Master ordered him to have a death duel before ending up here.” V explained, scratching his head. “Though, that just seems to make more questions than answer any.”

     I was about to agree when my grip on Hyuk was suddenly gone. My hand was just catching air and my balance was thrown off, so I fell back and landed on my . Hyuk had vanished. And by the confused look on Jungkook’s face I could only guess that Jimin had too.

     “Hey!!!” The three of us all turned around to see N waiving at us to get our attention. Then, he cupped his mouth and shouted. “Don’t worry about them! They’re both back in their Cards! We’ll talk about the details later, but right now, we need to get out of here before the cops come!”

We all shared a look before rolling our eyes and heading back to the rest.



Emory’s POV:

     “Around 11:00 A.M. this morning, a bomb was set off inside of the local mall.” The anchor lady firmly explained. “Witnesses have recalled hearing loud bangs right before the walls and ceiling started to fall. The Police have yet to find any evidence and until they do, the mall is to stay closed until further notice-"

   I watched as the TV screen flickered to an areal view of the mall that we were just at. Close to where the Mall’s cafeteria was located, a huge gaping whole with dark black scorch marks lining it was visible and emitting large puffs of dark smoke. I guess, if you look on the bright side, Jimin being a fire type Card became a good thing…

  See, while everyone was trying to stop the two new Warriors from fighting, Jihun and I were trying to stay out of harm’s way in that cafeteria. Every now and then, a large piece of ruble or a shot of flame would come our way and Jihun would use his wind powers to violently blow it to different direction. I just watched him the entire time while we waited. After a while, the others finally came back right as I started hearing the sirens of police cars getting closer and closer. Before I could even ask what had happened, Heejun ran towards me, pulled me onto his back, and ran to the car. Once all the shopping bags were in the trunks, everyone quickly climbed in and we shot out of there right as the Police cars started to file in. As a precaution, Heejun used his powers to make us disappear as we passed them. 

 Now here we were, sitting in the living room and watching the NEWS go on about the destruction that we had just escaped-…. Scratch that… created.

“I cannot believe…” Ravi started to mutter. “…that I missed all that!”

 “Trust me, Hyung.” Jungkook replied without taking his eyes off the screen. “It wasn’t fun…”

 “So, how’d you get them back into their Cards?” Heejun turned and directed his question at N, who was so focused on the NEWS report that he had to ask Heejun to repeat his question.

 “Oh! These two made a bond with them.” He answered while pointing at my sisters.

 “Huh?!” We all stared, wide-eyed as N pulled out the two Cards from his back pocket.

     “Yeah, see?” He held them out for me to look at. With Heejun and Jihun behind me, looking over my shoulder, I grabbed them and gaped when I saw that he was right. Both Cards revealed pictures of two very handsome looking boys. The first one belonged to Allissa’s new addition, Hyuk. The brightness of his picture highly contrasted with the dark borders of his Card. Inside the scenery of a bright, sun-lit house was a boy with slightly long, light brown hair that wisped over his dark, brown eyes. His face expressed nothing but high concentration as he was looking at something that we couldn’t see, and in his hands, was what seemed like…. A game consul?

     I frowned at how weird that was, but decided to ask about it another time. Looking down, beneath the picture, in rusty gold lettering was the name, Hyuk, along with his title; The Irradiation. I shifted my eyes towards the second Card, which now belonged to Rori. Jimin, also known as his title-The Blessing- had bright, orange hair that helped him to stand out against the white backdrop and his mostly white clothes. He was sitting down, legs crossed, on a plane white hospital bed, his back was arched forward, and his hands gripped the side of the  bed.  His hooded eyes looked up so that whoever looked at the Card would lock gazes with his deep, mysterious dark brown orbs. 

         “Wait a sec…” Ravi pointed to the Cards in my hand. “All you guys had to do, was bond with the Cards and THAT’S what made them stop?”

 N and Allyssa, along with Rori, simply nodded.

“And how’d you figure that out?”

     N let out a small, amused laugh before gesturing to the Cards in my hand. “See, at the time, we could tell that their Cards were unbonded. And I thought it was strange that they were both out of their Cards while not being bonded to a Master.”

“Their Masters could’ve just died recently while they were already out.” Ravi pointed out.

     “I thought that at first too.” N nodded. “But what stumped me after that was the fact that the Cards just suddenly ‘appeared’ in front of the girls. If their Masters really did die, then the two would’ve taken possession of their Card and hidden it. Then, I got to thinking. What if, for some bizarre reason we don’t know yet, the Cards had unbonded themselves with their previous Masters right as they were having a duel. So, they might have been fighting only because it was the last order that their Masters gave them.”

  “That makes sense to me.” Heejun agreed, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. “It’s similar to what Hyuk told me.”

“Wait… what?” I raised a brow at him.

“You talked to him?” Ravi added to my confusion.

   “Yeah. He told me that he couldn’t control what his body was doing, and kept complaining about being tired the whole time.” Heejun quickly answered with a smirk before giving V and Jungkook a curious look. “I’m guessing Jimin was similar?”

“Yep.” V sighed after popping the ‘p’. Jungkook looked at him with an amused smirk. “Let’s just say that Jimin-hyung, had a lot to say about seeing us again.”

“Do you think that, if we called them out right now, they would still feel forced to fight?” I asked curiously.

     “You just want to meet them, don’t you?” Allissa teased me. The feeling of wanting to meet our newest family members burned inside me so badly that I couldn't help but say yes. Everyone laughed at my response, making me pout.

 “Leo~ Help!” I whined as the Warrior walked in with a tray full of cookies. He took one good look at us before sighing and crouching down so I could easily grab a cookie. Before he stood back up, he patted my head a few times in comfort and placed the tray on the coffee table. Soon after, I felt another hand pat my head and turned to see Jihun giving me a small, shy smile. It took everything in me not to squeal with delight. 

“I guess it might be ok to let them out now.” N said thoughtfully before taking the Cards and handing them to my sisters. “But just in case, summon them one at a time. Ok?”

Everyone, thinking that was the best idea, agreed and it was decided that Allissa would go first. Cautiously, she brought Hyuk’s Card up to her lips and gave it a light peck. We all watched as a tall figure started to materialize in front of us. I was expecting the usual reaction; blank face, distrusting eyes, cautious body language… instead, I was surprised to see pure curiosity shining in Hyuk’s eyes as he looked around at all of us.

    When they landed on N, Leo, and Ravi, he gave them a small smile.

“Hey, Hyung…” He raised his hand and waived. “Been a while.”




Hey ya'll!! I'm so sorry about not updating as much as I should. A lot's been going on with school and I even recenlty just came back from a trip. Thankfully, though, It's summer break, so I'm hoping to write even more for the next few months! I wanted to do a tripple update so badly, but I realized that I actually didn't write enough for one. So, I combined the two chapters I had in mind for one, so it could be long enough to enjoy. I promise I'll try to udate the next chapter soon!!! But, other than that, what do ya'll think of this chapter? Were you surprised about who the two new Warriors were? Please let me know in the comment section!