Late Bloomer

Destined Cards

Emory’s POV:

“V! V!” I yelled excitedly as I rushed through the front door and into the kitchen. To my luck, the warrior was already there, having a snack with Rori, and Jungkook. Ravi, who was reading a book, sat with them on the other side of the table. Every one watched as I giggled with glee, sat myself down next to my target and plopped the wrapped package full of strawberries in front of him.

“Here!” I smiled. “I didn’t know what you would like at first, but these are some of my favorite fruit and… well… I wanted to share them with you. This is sort of my apology gift for scaring you this morning.” I scratched the back of my head sheepishly as he just stared at the package. He looked at Rori, as if to ask for permission to open it, which she responded with an encouraging nod. With the confirmation that he wanted, he looked back at the package and slowly started to unwrap the brown paper. His eyes grew wide once he saw the now revealed strawberries.

I got a bit nervous at his reaction so my motor mouth came on. “Like I said, I didn’t know what you liked so I kind of went off of my own taste. But-“

“Thank you.” A soft, deep voice interrupted my rant.

“What?” I asked, surprised, and looked at V. He was giving me the biggest smiled that I’ve seen on him yet, with tears forming in his eyes.

“Thank you so much!” He hiccupped. “I love it! Thank you!”

“V…” Rori leaned closer to him. “Are strawberries your favorite fruit?”

By now he had put his arm over his eyes to hide his tears, but he nodded anyway, still hiccupping.

“Well, what’d you know.” Ravi grinned, putting his book down on the table. “We all just learned something knew about you, V!”

“Yeah!” Rori agreed. “Who would’ve thought that you’d like strawberries so much! Nice Idea, Sis!”

V, who was now sniffling, had put his arm down, looked at me and gave me a toothy grin. “Thanks a lot, Emory!”

My eyes softened at him. “No problem, V. Welcome to the family.”

 

 

After V had finally calmed down enough to stop crying, he took the strawberries and offered to share with the rest of us. Which we were ok with, but we made sure that he ate one first before we even took one. We spent the rest of the hour just eating strawberries and telling funny stories to each other. And when we were getting closer to the bottom of the package, we made sure that V had the last one before cleaning everything up. We didn’t want Leo and N to know how much we ate or else they would nag at us for spoiling our dinner. They came in right after we had thrown away the empty strawberry package.

“What’s going on in here?” N asked, narrowing his eyes a bit. We each shared a nervous look before letting out a forced laugh.

“Oh! Um….” I quickly tried to think of something to say. “Everyone was… um….. H-helping me with my homework! Yeah! See, there was this one problem during math class that I couldn’t understand, so I thought that maybe asking for help would be a good idea!”

“You asked four people to help you at once?” Leo lifted his brow.

“The more the merrier, right?” I replied. Even though Leo still didn’t look convinced, N thought it was a great idea and immediately offered his help. Allissa had also entered the kitchen and offered help too when N told her what was going on. But once everyone had found a place to sit I realized how terrible I was at lying; because there was no math problem. In fact, I didn’t even have a math class today!

“O~K~ now…. Math book…. Where is that math book…. Hehe.” I laughed nervously as I dug through my backpack. I needed to think of something, and fast.

“What? Did you forget it at school or something?” I could practically see Ravi roll his eyes when he said that. I quickly looked up at him so I could retort back but stopped after seeing the look on his face. On him, it looked a bit strange, but you could still easily interpret it as ‘Just follow along!’.

Oh~ he wanted me to pretend that I DID forget my math book at school!

     I would never say this to his face, but that was a very clever idea.

“Uh… did I?” I took all the big books out of my bag and placed them on the table. Then, after pretending to look at the titles, I ‘scourged’ through my bag a bit more and ‘let out’ a frustrated sigh.

“You’re right, seems like I did.” I gave N, Leo and Allissa my best attempt at puppy eyes. “Sorry for wasting your time guys.”

“Aw~ it’s alright, Eminem.” N patted my head. “We can do it tomorrow. Just remember to bring home your book next time. Alright?”

“I will!” I grinned and went to start putting back all the books that I took out, when Leo held out his arm and stopped me.

“Wait.” He said in a soft voice.

“What’s wrong, Leo?” Allissa asked, both concern and curiosity etching her voice. He didn’t say anything, but his hand came up and pointed to the book that was in my hands. Slowly, I turned it a bit and saw that something small and flat was sticking out from the pages. At first, I thought that it was a random bookmark that someone had put in the book, but when I looked closer I realized that it wasn’t a bookmark at all, but a warrior’s card!

“What the…” I mumbled to myself as I put the book back down on the table and took the card out. What is a warrior’s card doing in one of my text books? “I swear this was NOT in there earlier!”

“Do you guys recognize it?” Rori asked N, Leo and Ravi. But after they each took turns getting a closer look at it, they all shook their heads.

“Nope, don’t know ‘em.” Ravi crossed his arms and sat back in his chair.

“What about Jungkook and V?” I asked curiously. They leaned across the table to get a closer look and frowned. The card, just like others that I’ve seen so far, had its own unique style to it. If you looked at the back of the card, all you could see was either black or gold, absolutely no other color. The black background was deep and intimidating, but strangely fit well with the gold décor that bordered it, and in the middle stood a symbol of what seemed like four solid gold triangles; two small and two large. Then, when you turned the card over to its front, not only was there more black and gold, but thick golden lines randomly covered the majority of the area. The only thing you could really see were two words written in a gold box on the bottom: The Trickster.

“I mean….. I guess it does look kinda familiar to me.” Jungkook mumbled. V nodded in agreement. “But it doesn’t exactly look like anyone of our friends’. I mean, we’ve might have seen it somewhere, but… yeah…. It’s not anyone we know. Sorry.”

They sat back in their seats with a small amount of disappointment on their faces. When Rori noticed it, she patted them both on the backs and whispered a quick “It’s ok. We’ll find them.”

“My question is how did it get in your backpack?” Allissa asked.

“Beats me.” I replied. “This is the first time today that I even took the book out of my bag.”

“Do you think that maybe it’s…..” V started to say, but stopped when we all looked at him.

“It’s ok, hyung. Tell us what you think.” Jungkook encouraged his friend. The warrior looked around at us again, nervously, and then down at his hands. “Ummm…. Well…. I was thinking that… maybe….”

“Yeah?” Rori took his hand into hers, hoping it would help make him feel a bit better.

“Well… what if the card…. Is Emory’s destined card?”

We all grew silent for a bit and pondered what he said.

“But, don’t destined cards usually reveal themselves in very extravagant and flashy ways?” Jungkook asked, confused.

N answered me. “Most of the time, yes, but I’m pretty sure there have been times where the case was different.”

“B-but…” I stuttered in shock. “How could it even be MY card? I’m already past the age limit to get one! Just….how?” I sunk in my chair, staring at the card in disbelief. There was no way this card could be my destined card. If it was, why is it showing up NOW?

“Well, why don’t we test it out?” Ravi spoke up, catching all of our attention.

“Test what out, Ravi?” Allissa asked.

“The card and Emory.” He replied. “We all know that a card master must obtain her destined card and bond with it before she can bond with other cards. So why not have Emory try and bond with this card? If it accepts her, then it’s her destined card. If it doesn’t, then it’s just another random card that somehow got into her backpack.”

We all shared a look.

“Sounds like a good idea to me.” N shrugged. “What do you think, Eminem? Wanna try it out and see what happens?”

“I guess it couldn’t hurt.” I sighed and waited for Allissa to bring the knife.

Soon enough, she came back with a small fruit knife in her hands.

“Now, remember.” She handed me the knife. “Bonding doesn’t take a whole lot of blood, so all you really need is a small prick and you’ll be fine.”

I nodded and sighed. I couldn’t believe I was really doing this. “Does it matter which finger I cut?”

Allissa shook her head. “Just choose one you’re most comfortable with.”

After thinking about it, I decided on my thumb, since that has many more excuses I could use if someone asked me how I hurt it.

So slowly, but without hesitance, I made a small cut on my thumb and after making sure that blood was flowing through it, I then pressed it down onto the card and waited. Everyone in the room was quiet and nothing seemed to happen at first.

      I was just about to laugh and say ‘see? It’s not mine!’ until.... it started to glow.

        My eyes widened in shock as I watched the illuminated card absorb my blood and start to levitate. It floated right to me and stopped so that the front of the card was facing my way. Then, bit by bit, it started to change. The random gold lines slowly retracted revealing the figure of a boy with sandy brown hair and a cat-like grin; he was leaning back on his hands and looking up at the night sky like it had just shared a hilarious joke that only he could hear. Looking further down the card, I saw that the retracting lines had also given me a name; right underneath ‘The Trickster’, in thin gold letters.

“Oh Heejun.” I read.

“What was that?” Jungkook asked as both he and V shot up in their seat.

“It’s the warrior’s name.” I replied and watched the card flutter down and land in my hands.

“No, no, no.” Jungkook shook his head. “What was the name you just said?”

I raised my brow at them. “Oh Heejun.”

Their eyes grew wide before sharing a look.

“It couldn’t be…” Jungkook mumbled. V bit his lip in thought.

“Or it could. Why else would the card look familiar? Hyung had a similar one…”

“Um… I’m sorry to interrupt but…” Ravi cut in. “Mind telling us what you guys are going on about?”

The two warriors shared another nervous look before glancing at me. “It’s something that we probably should talk about when your warrior is here with us.”

That brought the attention back to me and my card. Knowing what I had to do, I sighed for the umpteenth time today.

“Alright, here goes nothing.” I mumbled to myself before bringing the card up to my lips and softly kissing it. Unlike the bonding, we didn’t have to wait long before a figure started to materialize right next to me. Not liking the idea of sitting down when my warrior first saw me, I quickly stood up and pushed the chair back under the table. I don’t know why, but I felt super nervous. Butterflies kept prodding my stomach, and my legs felt a bit wobbly. Ok, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to stand…..

The boy, now fully materialized, was tall; just about as tall as N and Leo. His sandy brown hair was a little long and swept over two deep brown eyes. Eyes that voided any emotion and were so cold that I could feel shivers run up my spine. And, unlike the photo on his card, he wasn’t smiling. I don’t know if it was because of the bond or what, but I could tell what he was feeling a bit; he wasn’t scared, he wasn’t sad, but he wasn’t happy either. It was almost as if he had accepted his fate as a slave long ago, and now was just living because he could. The thought of that made my heart drop and I could feel tears start to form in my eyes.

At first, the boy just stared at me before dropping to his knees in a deep bow.

“Master…” was all he said as his head stayed low to the floor, never looking back up. By now the tears were running down my cheeks and I tried my best not to whimper in agony. I didn’t know what to do; I wanted to so badly just crouch down and hug him like Rori had done with V. But, with the way that Heejun was reacting at the moment, I knew that wasn’t what I should do. Because, instead of making him feel better, it could make him grow even more distant.

Knowing that I still had to do something I crouched down on both knees and crawled a little bit towards him.

“Um… Heejun… right? That’s your name?” I asked. He paused a little bit before answering. “Yes, master. It is.”

I fought the urge to scold him for calling me that, and instead focused to trying to get him to look at me.

“Heejun, can you please sit up?” I asked. I could tell that he was a bit hesitant, but, slowly, he complied. Though, once he was fully in an upright position he still didn’t raise his head to look at me.

“Heejun…” I thought about what to say. “I know that, you must think of me as just another master that you must serve... But, I don’t want you to think of me like that.”

I know that my words got a reaction out of him for his head bobbed a bit, but it stayed downcast. “I don’t think I understand what you are saying, master.”

“What I’m trying to say is… Here, can I hold your hand?” I asked. I held out my own so he could see and although still a bit hesitant, he slowly placed his large left hand onto my smaller one. Then, very carefully, I put my other hand on top on his. “What I’m trying to say, is that I don’t want to be your master and I don’t want you to be my slave, servant or anything like that.”

“Then what is it that you want?” He asked in a quiet voice and finally lifted his head a bit. This time, when I saw his eyes, they were full of confusion but also guardedness. He was confused about my actions yes, but he didn’t seem to trust my words at all.

My eyes were still watering a bit, which was kind of embarrassing. But I ignored the raising feeling in my ears and did my best to give him my most honest smile.

“I don’t particularly want anything.” I replied. “But I would like to be your friend…. If you’ll let me that is.”

“A… friend?” he knitted his brows together. “Please, don’t make me laugh…. Master.”

He pulled his hand out of mine and stood, it wasn’t rough but the action still hurt a bit. “Why should I trust you? How should I know that you won’t be like all the other deck masters out there?” His voice held no malice, more like confusion and hurt. But I could understand what he was really trying to say; How can you prove to me that your words are true?

With my head down, I wiped way my tears in frustration.

“I know that it would be selfish of me to ask you to trust me, especially since I can’t prove to you that I can be trusted.” I lifted my head to look at him. “But I can promise that I will NEVER try to hurt you or make you do something without asking first. And if you don’t want to do it, then you don’t have to. That is how my sisters and I do things around here. We don’t treat our warriors like slaves and we would rather die than harm them in any way.”

“She’s right, you know.” N spoke up before helping me to my feet. “Just look around you.”

Heejun blankly stared at N before complying. His roaming eyes were met with sincere smiles coming from my sisters, Jungkook, V, Ravi, and even a small, encouraging one from Leo. I watched as his eyes widened at the cloths that the other warriors wore and how nourished and healthy they had looked.

“W-what is this? All of you are warriors, but…. Why…? I don’t understand.” Heejun shook his head.

“A ‘Family’ isn’t really a hard concept to understand, kiddo.” Ravi laughed as he lounged back in his seat and put his arms behind his head.

“Family?” The word rolled of his tongue like it was foreign to him.

“That’s right!” Rori shot up. “In this household, everyone is equal; no master, no servant. We treat each other like we would treat ourselves, and we always protect each other, no matter what.”

“Because that’s what families do.” Allissa said with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you Heejun, my name is Allissa and I’m the oldest sister here.”

N spoke up next. “I’m N, but you can call me hyung if you want since I’m the oldest warrior. The guy standing next to you with the solemn face is Leo, and the guy sitting rudely in the chair over there is Ravi. We’re all Allissa’s warriors, but you can treat us like older brothers if you want.”

“Hyung~” Ravi whined at the way N introduced him. But N just ignored the pouting warrior and gestured for another person to speak up.

“Hi, Heejun! I’m Rori!” My little sister almost yelled excitedly to the boy in front of me. “I’m the youngest sister here, but you look older than me, so does that mean I have to call you ‘oppa’?”

“How about we get into that stuff later, Ror….” Jungkook sighed while gently pushing Rori back into her seat. Then he stood up and motioned V to follow him as they made their way over to Heejun.

“My name’s Jungkook. Rori’s destined warrior. Nice to meet you, Heejun-hyung.” Jungkook smiled at the new warrior and patted his shoulder, which I could tell Heejun didn’t find comfortable with yet.

“And I’m V, Rori’s newest warrior. I came here a month ago, so, just like you, I’m still pretty new too.” V’s eyes softened and held out a hand to the rest of us. “But from my experience so far, all these people, their feelings are genuine and they are truly kind; the kindest masters that I’ve ever met, actually, which is pretty easy to say since I’ve never had a kind master before. If you have any questions or need help, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

Then V moved to the side and looked at me, as if telling me that it was my turn to say something. I gave him a grateful look and stepped up to Heejun. “My parents died when I was nine; Allissa, N, and Leo were the ones that raised me and my younger sister; and Jungkook, V, and Ravi are like brothers that we never even imagined having. We may not be the most perfect family in the world, but it works for us.”

I raised my hand towards him. “And we always love a new addition. What do you say, Heejun? Would you like to join this circus of a family?”

He glanced between my eyes and my held out hand many times before crossing his arms and leaving me hanging. “I still don’t trust you…” He started out. “But It’s not like I have much choice in the matter since I’m bonded to you and….”

He stopped talking and looked down.

“and?” My eyes widened a bit when I saw a very light shade of pink run across his cheeks.

“….and, I’m curious… about this whole ‘family’ thing that you have going on…. So I wanna observe more and see how it goes….. if you don’t mind.” He looked back at me with a scrunched up face and scowled when I grinned back.

“You can do whatever you want, Heejun!”

We all laughed and welcomed him to the house. If he doesn’t want to be part of the family, then that’s fine, but the good news is that he’ll still live with us and hopefully, when the time is right, he’ll open up to us more and learn to trust us. But, until then, we’ll just have to wait.

“Now that the introductions are over, how about we give Heejun some real cloths to change into?” N asked as he put his hands on my shoulders. “I think he might fit into either Leo’s or my clothes. So why don’t you head up there, show him around a bit and pick something out for him to wear until we can go shopping?”

I nodded in agreement. “Ok. Are you guys gonna go recharge after dinner?”

Jungkook answered. “I defiantly will. Today’s training lesson at the academy was more exhausting than usual.” He turned to look at V. “What about you, Hyung? You went pretty all out today too. You sure you wanna sleep outside your card again?”

But V just shook his head. “Nah. I think I’ll get recharged tonight. I’m too beet to care about where I sleep.”

Allissa and I laughed while Rori patted her warriors on the head.

“Leo? Ravi?” I asked. They both nodded as Ravi yawned.

“Yeah. Been a while since I did, so I probably should.”

“Leo and I were up late the past few nights with Allissa trying to help her study for midterms.” N said as he gave Allissa a pointed look.

“It’s not my fault that the stupid professor put so much on the study guide!” She objected with a blush. “And it’s not like I forced you two to help me when you practically broke into my room and told me you were gonna help!”

I snickered at the red forming on N’s face and turned to see Leo staring a hole into the table.

“Alright, alright.” I laughed. “You guys start making dinner while I show the newbie around. That ok with everyone?”

All I got were many nodding heads and some murmurs of ‘yeah’, so I looked at Heejun and motioned him to follow me. He looked like he didn’t want to go at first, but then relented and followed me as I ascended the stairs.

“Ok so, to start off, the entire second floor has a total of five bedrooms and two bathrooms. I have a room to myself, while my sisters share their rooms with their warriors. But, now that you’re here, looks like you’re gonna be rooming with me….”

“Wait, what?” I couldn’t help but smirk at how confused he sounded.

“Hehe. I thought you would react like that. If you don’t want to share a room with me then it’s ok, we have two guest bedrooms that you can use also so-“

“That’s not what I meant.” He interrupted me. “Aren’t you going to summon me back to my card?”

I stopped and turned to look at him. “Why? Do you want to go back to your card?”

He furrowed his brows. “You… let us choose if we want to go back?”

I smiled in understanding. “Remember the conversation that everyone had back I the kitchen? About recharging?”

He nodded.

“Well…” I turned towards the front again and proceeded to Allissa’s room that had N and Leo’s cloths. “…. A long time ago, back when we first met N, we wanted him to be able to make his own choices. So we asked him if he wanted to return to his card, or sleep in his own bed. He didn’t hesitate at all to choose the bed; in fact, he told us that one of the things he always wished to do was to sleep in a real bed for at least one night.

Well, that one night turned into many weeks and, for some strange reason, N’s energy kept depleting. No matter how long he slept, he never really felt refreshed and full of energy. We all wondered why this was happened and thought about how we could help him. That’s when Rori came up with the suggestion that N should try to, willingly, go back to his card and see what happens after being in it for a night. At first, we were worried that N would get mad at us for suggesting such a thing, but when we got the guts to talk to him about it he just shrugged and said that if Allissa promised to bring him back out in the morning, then he’d have no problem giving it a shot. And that’s what we did. The next morning, Allissa kissed his card and he came out wide eyed and hyper, like he’d just drank twelve energy drinks.” We had finally got to Allissa’s room. I opened the door and immediately started digging through N’s closet first.

“That’s how we learned that warriors, although they can sleep on a bed, they still have to do what we call ‘recharge’ and stay the night in their card. Ravi and Jungkook will only recharge whenever they feel like it, while Leo and N like to take precaution and do it about once or twice a week. Now, since V’s only been here for a month, he’s been enjoying sleeping outside of his card ever since his first day, so I was pretty relieved when he said that he’d finally recharge tonight.”

I quickly found a shirt, but all the pants that N owned looked too flashy, so I extended my hunt to Leo’s closet, hoping to find something normal and long enough to fit Heejun.

“I’ve never heard of such a thing before.” Heejun muttered in disbelief.

“Right? Niether did we at first. But, I think that’s because, in order for the ‘recharge’ to work, the warrior must willing to go back to his card. If you force him to do so, then the result isn’t as strong…. Aha!” I yelled in victory as I pulled out a pair of dark grey sweatpants that Leo buried in the bottom drawer. Then I stood up and held them out in front of Heejun.

“Hmmm… Looks like they’ll fit. Here, hold these while I get you some underwear.” After living with boys for so long you tend to stop questioning why they share underwear and just go along with it. I knew that Ravi had a lot of boxers in his underwear drawer (He and I have to do the laundry, ok?!) so I walked over to his closet and took out a first pair on the top. While walking back to Heejun I was in the middle of questioning whether or not to ask N if boxer sizes mattered for different people when I looked up and saw Heejun taking off his clothes.

My face instantly heated up as I tried to block the site of his body with the boxers. “W-what are you doing?!”

“Changing. Isn’t that why we’re here?” He asked pointedly.

“Y-y-yes! B-but that’s AFTER I show you where the bathroom is so you can do it in there and- oh what the hell! Here!” I closed my eyes, turned as far away as I could and held out the boxers for him to take. “Put these one before the pants.”

When I felt the boxers being taken I quickly brought back my hand and faced the opposite direction. Even with my back turned I knew that I was facing a mirror, so I still didn’t open my eyes.

“You can turn around now….” I heard him say after a while. After letting out a quick phew! I opened my eyes and turned around, thinking that he would still be closer to the door. Instead I was met with a white shirt. How in the world did he get behind me without even making a sound?!

Letting out soft yelp, I quickly stumbled back a bit so I could give myself some space and when I looked up at him all he did was give me this really bored look. I could feel my ears turn red at his stare, so I faked a cough to cut the tension.

“Well… um…. Do the clothes feel ok?” I asked looking him up and down myself to make sure they actually fit.

“Yes.” He nodded blankly.

“Good!” I responded. “Er…. How about we go back down and see what they have made already. Huh?” I said that as I tried to rush past him, but my flaring nerves got the better of me and I tripped. I don’t know how I was able to trip on the foot of Allissa’s bed but, knowing me, I still did. Being the family klutz has its downs and ups; one of the ups was that, since I was so used to falling, I instinctively knew how to brace myself for the impact. What I didn’t expect, though, was to end up not feeling it.

At first, it was the feeling of something wrapping around my waist, then a hand grabbing my left arm and pulling me up. Next thing I know I’m looking up at Heejun as I’m being pressed against his chest with his arms round me. The longer I stared at his face, the more I could feel my face heating up.

“T-thanks for… C-catching my fall!” I jumped out of his arms and gave him a sheepish smile. He didn’t say anything so I awkwardly pointed towards the door. “So… er…. Shall we go?”

I turned around, not waiting for a response, and exited the room. The journey back to the kitchen consisted of me walking in front of Heejun and checking on him to see if he was keeping up. We didn’t talk and every time I looked back at him, I made sure not to make eye contact for I was still too embarrassed about earlier.

“Hey! Find him any clothes?” Allissa asked right as we entered the kitchen. I nodded as she handed me a plate to put food on. “N had too many weird pairs of pants, so I had to use Leo’s sweatpants. Is that Ok Leo?” I glanced at the warrior who was still busy stirring a pot full of noodles. He nodded and gave me a quick thumps up all while still looking at the pot.

Even with the new face around, dinner was the usual; we all got our plate of food and gathered in the living room so we could watch TV while we ate. Heejun, not knowing what to do, had stood awkwardly with his plate of food, and would have stayed there if I didn’t get up and tug him down to a spot next to me on the floor.

When dinner ended and all the dishes were done we all decided to call it a night. We knew that there was more to talk about regarding me and Heejun, but I guess we all mentally knew that tomorrow would be a better day to do it. So, after their warriors had gone to their cards, my sisters headed up to bed. I smiled when I saw that Heejun didn’t go back to his card.

“Come on…” I waved him over. “I’ll get you a nice warm blanket.”

I quickly got one from the linen closet and led the warrior to one of the guest bedrooms.

“You can sleep here for the time being. I’m sorry that it’s not much but it’ll have to do for now until we can figure everything out later.” I placed the blanket on one of the beds and started unfolding it. After making the bed presentable enough to sleep in and fluffing up the pillows a bit, I turned back around and pointed out the door.

“My room is right across from this one.” I explained. “If you need anything just knock on my door at any time. Ok?”

He looked from me to the bed and nodded. Thinking that he probably wanted to be alone now, I started to walk out of the room.

“Er… then… Good night! I guess!” I almost made it to the guest bedroom door but stopped when I heard him mumble something.

“What?” I asked, turning around.

“….Your name….” Heejun slowly looked up and met my eyes.

“You never told me what your name was.”

“Oh!” I smiled in embarrassment. “I guess I forgot. Hehe! Not surprised though; I tend to forget things a lot.”

He gave me a look that said ‘who in the world forgets about their own name?’ Well, that’s an easy answer; me.

“Well,then… let me start over. Hi, Heejun!” I smiled and waved at him.

“My name’s Emory! It’s nice to finally meet you!”



Hey Ya'll! yay! Second chapter is UP! I know it's a bit long (which I don't mind writing 'cause I love reading long chapters myself), but hopefully all the information in it is entertaining to ya'll. So, how is it so far? Good? Not good? Please let me know! Oh, and if ya'll noticed that I changed this story to 'subscribers only' that's because I forgot to check that when I started it! Hehe...