Hardships

Forbidden Love

I took pain killers and headed to my practice room. I put my song on loud, and did my stretches. I felt the ligament in my knee stretch and pull. IT was unbearable but what could i do…? I just had to hope that the pain killers worked sooner rather than later. So i sat down and rehearsed my vocals until the pain died down a little. Then i stood up and began redancing my routine, time after time. It was kinda hard saying as it was a duet and i was alone but i did what i could. Then i decided to work on the dance for the 2nd song, i was going to promote. I was bringing back old songs.And with a lot of money paid out, I get to redo, Super Junior’s, Sorry Sorry Answer. The song was a lot slower, and showed my vocals more. And the dance was also duet, but a lot more sensual. More loving. I was meant to be dancing it with Either Jungkook or Jimin, as they both took part in the song. It was also a vocal duet. I practiced that a few times until i slipped and ended up flat on the floor. I sat down, and rubbed my painful ankle. Maybe i ought to change labels… Would any other label, take me in? Would I have to be a trainee again? “YAH, what are you doing on the floor?” I turned around and the manager walk in. “Maine, i slipped, i was just catching my breath, i’ll get back to practicing now.” I said forcing myself up. “I just came to tell you, that tomorrow, you’ll be perfuming 4 of your songs on KBS, promoting your new album. You’ll perform Why why with Jimin and Sorry Sorry also with Jimin. The other 2 will be acoustic. Dancing on my own with Rap Monster and Only you.” I nodded. Then he left. So i really had my work cut out. 

    I practiced all night, until about 4am. I sat down against the Mirror and pulled my legs up. I let my eyes slowly shut. 

    My eyes opened slightly as i felt an arm around me. “Shh go back to sleep.” A soft voice mumbled. I turned my head to see Hoseok, holding me tight close to his own body, his small jumper over our legs, keeping us warm. “what are you doing here?” I asked him quietly. “We just got back.” He said yawning. I nodded. “you?” he asked. “I was practicing.” I said. He nodded. “Gwenchana?” He asked. I nodded. “I don’t think we’ll be dancing together ever again though. Tomorrow, i’m with Jimin for both dances.” I said. He nodded. “I have a surprise for tomorrow.” He mumbled, my hair. “Go back to sleep Minnie, you’re going to be exhausted for your performance otherwise.” I shuffled slightly closer to him and closed my eyes. I forgot how comfortable it was in his arms.  

    I got to the studio and the make up artist pushed me in the room quickly, covering my face with all different types of make up and potions. Then they pushed me off to the stylist who gave me my clothes. I got dressed and waited for my call to go on stage. Not that Jimin was here yet... 

    They called my name and I went up. ‘Sorry Sorry’ came on. Then I felt two arms around my waist. Like the routine was ment to be. I turned around to see J-hope, he smiled and kept dancing. He was going to get so done for this... I just hope the consequences weren’t that bad. I’d take them all for him anyway. It’s the least i could do for him. Since i’ve been at bighit, Bangtan have always been there for me. 

    We danced, our mouvements matching perfectly. Like we had been dance partners for years. We were in perfect sync. Lost in the moment. He spinned me around for the end of the song. Our eyes met. I never left his gave. His soft, loving gaze resting on me. Like he once did before we broke up. Like every night we spent in the practice room, after dancing all day. Back then… If we were alone in the practice room, I would have thrown myself into his arms and probably kissed him right on the spot. Seeing his eyes still the same as they used to be. Still the same emotion when we used to be together, it hurt so much. Like I wanted to relive all the moments we spent together. I know we can't but I yearn for it... I miss him. I had to stay rational, i had to forget him. There was no other choice. 

    He stood me up, and the audience clapped and cheered. We walked of the stage after finishing all the songs. Jhope held my hand tightly, smiling at me as we headed to the waiting room. The manager was waiting for us, in the waiting room. He look unhappy to say the least. “What the hell are you playing at?” He asked, his voice still rather calm. I pulled my hand out of Hoseok’s grip before anyone saw, knowing that it wouldn't go down well. “I don’t see what the problem is…” Hoseok muttered. “Seriously?” The manager rolled his eyes. “Yah!” He raised his voice. Then someone opened the door. It was some staff from KBS. “Is everything okay?” She asked bowing. The manager nodded. “Don’t worry. We’ll be off now.” He said dragging us out the room. “We’ll deal with this back at the label.” He said as we walked to our car. 

    I headed to my vocal practice, only to be ‘summond’ by the manger. I entered his room and Hoseok was already there. They both looked annoyed already. I sat down in the seat next to Hoseok. Facing The manager. “So. Minha. Tell me why you decided to ignore my small ask and talk to hoseok anyway, hum?” He said annoyed. “I-i…” I didn’t know what to say. “It had nothing to do with her. I just turned up. She had to perform whether it was me or jimin. what difference does it make?” Hoseok asked. “Because. I know you both have a history together and i cannot afford to let you be together. We agreed to end it and move on. Only it doesn’t seem like Minha here, understood. Don’t forget the rules in your contract Minha. If you break them, then you’re out.” The manager said, pushing my contract forward. “Manmade.”I bowed my head. “I’ll do better.” I said. “It’s too late for that.” He said, picking my contract up. “Please give me another chance.” I said. “Are you seriously going to make her leave the company?” Hoseok asked. “If thats what it takes.” He said. “If she leaves, so will I, and i’m sure so will Bangtan. We all think highly of Minha, you won't get away with treating her like this.” Hoseok said angrily, standing up. I pulled on his arm and he sat back down. “Fine. I’ll leave the company.” I said sadly. “I’m glad you’ve seen sense Minah, but i hope you do know that you signed a contract with us for 10 years, it’s only been 5, so for 5 years, we still own all of your music and rights. Therefore you will not produce any music, appear on any variety, be on any radios. You’ll just disappear from the limelight, Ara?” He said. “I’ll be banned from music for 5 years?” I asked. He nodded, with a smirk. “And even then, you’ll have to find a stage name, we own all rights to Kim Minha and her Music.” He said. “Araseo…” I said. “I’ll give you a week for you pack your stuff and leave.” He said. I nodded and left the room, followed by Hoseok. “What are you playing at?!” He complained. I just walked past him, trying to keep my tears in, this was the only solution. I mean i had no other choice to protect him and bang tan. 

    He pulled my arm and pushed me against the wall. “MINAH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING AT?” He shouted at me, his arm above my shoulder, stopping me from moving. I turned my head away from him. I’d only cry if i looked at him. His other hand pulled my chin, so i faced him. He looked angry, hurt… I felt tears build up in my eyes. The next thing i knew, his lips were on mine, kissing me aggressively. I didn’t know weather to push him away or not, but i gave up and just pulled him closer to me. It was probably one of the last times i was gonna see him anyway… 

    “Even when you’re leaving, you couldn’t help yourself could you?!” I pushed him away to see BTS’ manager giving me a dirty look. “YAH leave us be.” Hoseok growled, annoyed. The manager rolled his eyes. “Give up Hoseok, after this week you won’t ever see her again anyway.” He smirked. “Yah just shut up!If you stuck up for us in the first place this would have never happened!” He snapped. The manager just smirked. “Just go practice already or, they’ll be kicking you out next.” He said pushing past us. Hoseok pulled me close again, only this time placing a kiss on my head before squeezing me tightly. “I’ll do whatever i can to let you stay here, araseo.” He mumbled. I pushed him away and shook my head. “Ani…don’t bother, i’ll only cause problems.” I mumbled before turning around and walking to the entrance of the building. “Minha-yah!” He called out. I shut the door behind me and wandered home. Tears dripping down my face, each step of the way. Whether they were tears from a lost and broken love or a broken dream, i don’t know. Probably both. 

    I kept walking, i didn’t know where i was going. Or what i was going to do. I was penniless, homeless and jobless. I had been walking for nearly an hour when me knee finally gave in. I fell to the ground,and the pain was unbearable. I didn’t even have a phone now, they took it off me before i left the building. And if it wan’t bad enough like this, the heavens opened, and rain poured down. I felt the tears drip from my eyes once again. 

    I gathered all my strength to get up. It was just too much for me, everything was happening all in one go.