Chapter 1

Teardrops Of Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY YOONSIC DAY TO EVERY YOONSICTIVES OUT THERE!

People seem to hate rain. They prevent themselves from getting wet. They choose to run instead of enjoying every drop of it. They curse when it rains, having those virulent looks on their faces as they blame the weathercasters. I used to despise rain as well. The fact that 'twas raining when our mom passed away, and when dad left us to our auntie to have some fun with his new girl. I used to hate rain, used to. But things are different now. It was raining when I met her, the girl who made me relish the teardrops of clouds.

"Unnie! Unnie! Unnie! Yah, Jung Sooyeon! It's raining. Let's go!" My sister, Krystal, yelled at me. She held my arm and tempted to run, but I immediately stopped her from doing so. 

"You go first. I'll stay here for awhile." I told her as I shooed her away. Well, she has no other choice than to obey me because she knew my oafishness. 

"Aish. Fine, but don't stay out too late, okay? You might catch cold. I'll be waiting for you at home." She said full of concern as she goes off. I smiled sweetly at her and just nod my head.

I walked around the area while thinking of how cruel this world is; how inferior people can be, sometimes. I want to see the light. I want to witness the goodness in people. I want to... I want to meet her again.

 

FLASHBACK

"Daddy!" Krystal shouted as loud as she can as we watched our father drove away with his new girl. "Daddy... W-Where are y-you going?" My sister mumbled while crying. I can't stand watching her like this. I can't stand being broken again. We're still young to be abandon by our father ㅡ I'm just 15 and Krystal was just 13.

"First, it was Mom... And now, it's Dad... No... I can't let this happen..." I chuntered.

"Sooyeon..." Umma, our aunt Dara, muttered. 

"Sooyeon, everything will be fine soon." Appa, our uncle Jiyoung, said trying to calm me down.

"No! I won't let this happen!" I ran fast. I ran after Dad's car. "Dad! Daddy! Daaad!" I ran and ran until I felt tired. I didn't bother to look back at them when they kept calling me. It's raining. Why was it always raining?! I tripped on something that caused me to fall. I didn't even notice that I have reached the park that's far from our house. I cried hard and it's rained hard suddenly too. Abruptly, someone covered me with a coat.

"Hey... Uhm, are you okay?" Someone asked.

"Do I look okay, huh?"

"Oh, chill. I'm just concern, okay?" She looked at me then at the sky, although it's raining, closing her eyes. "You know, they said that it's not good to stay out when raining because you'll be sick or whatsoever, but I believe the opposite..." She paused. I looked up to her. She's already soaking wet because of the rain. "Rain is always there when I'm feeling vulnerable. It'll suddenly rain when something sad happens to me. Don't you think it feels the same, that it feels sad as well? That it's like, it knows when I'm feeling down so it's there for me when no one would, just like what's happening to you right now. You're crying and it's suddenly raining. Don't you think we should just enjoy the teardrops of clouds? Rain can be our friend too." She innocently looked at me then smiled sweetly. She then offered her hand to help me stand up. Her voice is so soft and feminine. How can she know such things at a young age? I also think that she's even younger at me based on her looks. Is she a nerd? Heol. When I looked at her, my heart beats so fast. Just what the heck. Don't tell me I'm fascinated by her beauty. She even smiled at me.

"I-I'm fine! U-uh... T-Thanks? I b-better go. Sorry for disturbance." I quickly stood up, ignoring her hand offer, and bowed at her. I then ran away from her.

"Hey! Girl in the rain! You said you're not okay! Yah, come back here, you bipolar kid!" She shouted at me. Did she just call me a kid?! Stupid girl. 

 

Meanwhile...

I'm going to meet you again, girl in the rain... And you're gonna give me my favorite coat back...

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

It was raining cat and dog when I first met her. Since then, I haven't met her again. I wanted to. I kept thinking of her every single day. It has been 6 years. I still have her coat with me. It has her scent that is so addictive. It's my favorite smell ever since. I don't kind of remember her face, her features, but I know that I will meet her soon. If fate will lead us to.

"You know, it's not good to stay out when raining. Here, take my umbrella." A girl said, handing me her umbrella. I looked up to her but failed, only to have her running back on my sight. This is just like how I met the girl before. Wait...

That voice... I've heard that voice before...

 

*BADUMP*

 

*BADUMP* 

 

*BADUMP*

 

Heck! It's beating fast again. Why? I looked at the umbrella I'm holding. I remember how Mom used to yelled at me for not using an umbrella when it's raining. I told her that I loved rain since that's how I met my old playmate and my first love, Yoongie. I don't really remember her but I still know the nickname I gave her. Then suddenly, the girl years ago came up into my mind. I can't believe I fell in love in two different persons when raining. I decided to head home and used that mysterious person's umbrella. I reached home and knocked on our door.

"Oh, Sooyeon! You're soaking wet! Faster, come inside and take a hot shower. I'll prepare your dinner." Umma said. I just nod and kissed her cheek since I'm quite tired. I made my way in the bathroom and took a quick bath. I thought of the girl earlier. I swear, I heard that voice before but I don't remember where and when. Aish. Well, that's so nice of her to lend her umbrella to me. I went out only to be faced by my annoying sister.

"What?"

"Your dinner is ready and Umma wants to talk to you."

"Fine. I'll just dress." I made my way in my room and dressed. I wonder what Umma wants to talk about. I went to our dining room and took a seat. As I was eating my dinner, Umma sat in front of me.

"Sooyeon..."

"Umma, it's Jessica. You know how I hate that name. It was our old father who named me that."

"You know how hard it is for us to say your english name, Sooyeon." Appa said as he took a seat beside Umma. "And we've been calling you with your korean name ever since, why did you just complain now? It's Sooyeon, okay?" I sigh and nod my head.

"Unnie!" 

"Yes, Soojungie?" I said with an aegyo and sarcastically smile sweetly at her.

"Eeeeew~ Don't you ever do that again!" She looked at me disgustingly. "And ah, it's Krystal!" She added as she flicked me on my forehead.

"Yah! Did you just hit me?!"

"No~ Hehe. I love you unnie~" She said in English.

"Well, I don't."

"Aww~ One-sided love. Huhu." She answered, acting like she's crying.

"You two, stop it." Appa sighed.

"Anyways, why are you all here? Usually, you just let me eat alone." They kept silent. "What's with all of you?"

"Unnie... Don't be shock, okay?"

"Fine. Wait, don't tell me you got pregnant?" I asked her while drinking water.

"Well... Yeah?" I choked.

"W-WHAT?!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE! HAHAHAHAHA! YOU LOOK UG- AW! UNNIE!" She was cut off when I hit her.

"You're so gonna get it to me later." I glared at her. She just continue making faces on me while mimicking what I said.

"Actually, what we're gonna tell you is that Miyoung's back from US." Umma told me.

"Eh? Miyoung who?"

"Hwang! Hwang Miyoung! Tiffany Hwang Miyoung! Gosh, Jung Sooyeon." My sister said, rolling her eyes.

"TIFFANY?!" 

"Wow. I didn't know you're deaf already." I glared at her and I know that she got the message so she showed her so-called eyesmile at me then ran to her room.

"YAH! JUNG SOOJUNG! COME BACK HERE!"

"When will we have a proper talk?" Appa said. He stood up and went upstairs.

"Sorry, Appa! Ah, Umma, how did you know that she's back? Have you met her already? When did she come back? How come she didn't tell me? Where is she right now? I want to meet her!"

"Woah. One question at a time, Sooyeonie. We knew because I met her mom earlier. She told me that they're back for good. Well, I haven't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter