Chapter 2: Debut?

DIAMOND

Legend:
English Japanese Korean

Next 4 weeks was hard training for the girls of DIAMOND. Yuri who the only one knows Korean got along with Jieun pretty well. Nana who bunks with her teaches her Japanese during their free time. Takako and Chika remain a distance away from Jieun. Many times Jieun tried to be friendly to Takako but got harsh response instead. As for Chika, she just smiled and pats her head but offer no words. That night, Takako is out for a schedule, Chika down in the studio leaving only Jieun, Yuri and Nana in the dorm.

 Ne, neechan, why doesn’t Takako neechan likes me?Jieun wanted to get all her questions answered.
Nana widen her eyes, not knowing how to reply.
Just ignore her once she knows you are talented, she will love you more.Yuri is assuring her.
What about Chika neechan?Jieun’s eyes started to get teary.
Chika nee is a bit hard to approach as compared to Taka nee. But don’t worry she likes you.Nana smiled.
Chika neechan doesn’t talk to me at all.Jieun is worried.
That is the way she is. There are a lot of things in her mind. Though our leader is Takako, but the real leader is Chika, whom love us as family.Yuri smiled and pats her head.
I know the way to melt Chika nee’s heart.Nana smiled mischievously.
Not again?Yuri groaned. 
What? It will be fun!Nana is jumping excitedly.

 Jieun look at Yuri in confusion. Yuri just shook her head, signal not to ask. Next day was also the last day in Japan. They will be leaving for Korea that night and staying there for at least 6 months. Hence it is day off for the girls, Takako and Nana head home, while Yuri and Jieun remain in dorm as their home is in Korea. 

I am heading down to the studio.Chika said as she packed her bag.
Chika neechan, you are not heading home?Jieun slightly surprised.
It is too far, 8 hours train back and fro, I would have died.Chika replied not looking up.
The first time Chika had spoken to her in a sentence. Jieun got a shocked. Yuri smiled from the kitchen.
Breakfast Chi?Yuri asked.
Nay, skip, I need to nail the steps by today. Got to run.With that Chika nearly flew out of the door.
She talked to me!!Jieun was so excited.
See I told you Chika is a nice person.Yuri smiled. 

Till the afternoon, Chika is still not back from studio, Jieun is getting worried. 

Does Chika unnie always spend so much time in the studio?Jieun asked.
Yuri nodded, Do you want to go shopping?
Can we ask Chika unnie to join?Jieun asked excitedly.
Guess we might have to drop by studio to ask. But don’t get your hopes up. Chika not a fan of shoppingYuri winked.
Well, we can do something else.Jieun is all fired up to get close to Chika after the short conversation in the morning. 

Yuri laughed at her childish as they got ready to head down to the studio for Chika. Upon reaching the company, both of them head off to the studio where they usually used. And sure enough Chika was dancing her soul away. 

Chi!Yuri called out.
As she turned, noticing them she stopped and turn off the music, What’s up?
Are you going to rot your last off day in the studio?Yuri started.
Chika chuckled, What do you have in mind?
Shopping, I know is out of your range…….Yuri started.
Cutting in, Shopping is fine. Just wait for me. I head for the showers now.Chika surprised Yuri. 

Shortly after Chika came out, the 3 of them head off to shop in Harajuku, as Chika is much more familiar she sort of became the tour guide. It is also the first time Yuri went shopping with Chika. That same night, they flew to Korea. Upon arriving, Inhye went to fetch them, she arrived in Korea that morning to make sure everything is in order for them. Upon entering the dorm, 

Different from Japan, I will be staying here with you as well. So who wants to bunk with me?Inhye asked.
Silence, Chika yawn and raise her hand.
Who else but me? Right Hye?Chika smiled as she moved towards the bathroom.
Whatever, Chi. Whatever. Korean classes in the morning.Inhye called out before everyone disappeared into their rooms. 

The sleeping arrangement remains the same as in Japan. Takako and Yuri in one, while the youngest in one. For the first time, Chika woke up later than everyone. At the dinning table, 

Where is Chika neechan?Jieun asked.
She is still sleeping. Didn’t sleep till 4am this morning.Inhye commented.
Homesick?Nana asked worriedly.
I doubt so, should be on the phone with her stupid twin.Takako said coldly.
I heard that.Chika’s coarse voice could be heard.
Everyone turned to see Chika out from her room, rubbing her eyes.  
Whatever it is, finish your breakfast and get ready for your Korean classes. Jieun, you are going for dance classes while Yuri for singing classes. Inhye read out their schedule. 

On the other hand, MBLAQ who just arrived on Korea can’t wait to attend Music Bank tomorrow where DIAMOND officially debut on stage. Next day, DIAMOND arrived early for the recording. Staring at their costumes, Chika first to break the silence. 

Cheerleader? Chika raise an eyebrow.
How old are we again?Takako is getting irritated.
Didn’t your manager inform you of the debut concept?Coordinator asked.
Takako glared at her.
I suppose no.Coordinator replied, not knowing what to do.
Chika sighed, Just get on with it. I am sure President knows what he is doing. 

With that, the girls head off to change. The coordinator was relief, not expecting such a cool person. Many critics are here that night after getting the message of a new girl group from Japan debuting. No doubt Jieun is very nervous after all it is her first stage as an artist and first time performing on stage with her members. Compare to Takako and Chika, the rest are in a nerve-rack. 

 

Preview:
So it is the time for DIAMOND official debut in Korea. Will the people in Korea like them? Will they be successful in Korea? Let’s stay tune to find out.