Breaking News

The fault in your star (moving)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

*****

 

With the completion of Jonghyun’s concert activities his album promotion had come to an end. Everything has progressed smoothly and his fans had throughly enjoyed the concert. On the last day, Minho had showed up for Jonghyun’s concert. Later during the ending speech when Jonghyun cried because he was overwhelmed by the fans appreciation, Minho had leapt onto the stage to hug and comfort Jonghyun. This led to a huge uproar and fans were thrilled to find out that the model was this close to the singer. Some fans had already started spreading their dating rumours and were all too excited to find out that the two were neighbours. These news spread like wild fire on the internet and netizens started coming up with theories of how they met and all the things that transpired between the two. However, for the two experienced members of the entertainment industry, this was nothing new. They had experience numerous dating rumours before, but this time instead of denying it they both choose to have some fun with the news by keeping quiet about it. At the same time they would randomly show up for each others events. Minho would surprise Jonghyun by coming for his fan meets and Jonghyun would be seen as a guest for Minho’s fashion shows.

The two just laughed over the rumours and carried on with their daily lives. Almost everyone around them knew that there was nothing going on between the singer and the model and that they were just good friend, except for one person. 

 

 

Taemin

 

It was lunch break at Seoul National University College of Medicine and all the students had gathered around the food court choosing from the various options available to them. Taemin had already bought what he wanted so he searched for Kai and then started walking towards his table.

“OMG! Look! Jonghyun went to Minho’s fashion show!! It’s official! They are totally dating each other!!!” Taemin had no intentions of overhearing any conversation but he just couldn’t help himself. The girls of his university had been discussing this for the whole week since the rumours spread on the internet. “Did you check Jonghyun’s twitter? Looks like he bought a necklace for Minho but is too embarrassed to give it to him! So cute!” By the time Taemin reached Kai’s table he had already lost his appetite. 

“You don’t look so good; everything ‘kay?” Kai asked barely looking up from his food.

“Of course I am!”

“Your fake enthusiasm is not going to fool me. What is it that you can’t even tell me about? Relationship issues?” This time Kai looked directly at Taemin trying to catch signs of anything curious.

What how did he know? “No not really. Why do you ask?”

“Just. You seem to be sighing a lot lately. Something is bothering you, I can tell. And since you are not telling me I thought it was about your boyfriend Jinki, if I remember correctly.” Kai tried to sound not interested but he was genuinely concerned since Taemin had never looked this dejected before.

“Nah. It’s not that. It’s nothing really. We’ll talk later. Let’s eat up, lunch is almost over.” 

After he was done for the day Taemin left the university early since he didn’t intend to be interrogated any further by Kai. He was too preoccupied by his thoughts that he had failed to notice the car that was parked behind him. It wasn’t until someone tapped on his shoulders that he was pulled out of his thoughts and reinstated into the present.

“Hey buddy! Why so lost?” Minho stood smiling in front of Taemin. For a whole minute Taemin just simply starred at Minho with no particular expression. Wow, he really is beautiful. 

“Ahem…is there…something on my face?” Minho suddenly became too conscious of himself and wasn’t sure how to react to Taemin’s blank stare.

“Huh? No, n-nothing.” 

“Is everything okay?” This time Minho wasn’t smiling, he was reminded of the time he ran into Kibum’s house and saw Taemin’s lifeless body on the sofa with a petrified Jonghyun by his side. 

“Yes..no..iamnotsure..areyouandjonghyunhyungdating?” Taemin mumbled in one breath and Minho couldn’t discern a word for the life of him. 

“What?” was the most intelligent response Minho could come up with.

“Umm…I’ve been wondering; about the rumours? If they are real. Are they?” Taemin finally gathered enough courage to blatantly ask Minho the question that has been bothering him for a while.

“What rumours are you talking about Taem…No way! You can’t be serious! Please tell me you didn’t buy the stunt me and Jonghyun are pulling off on our fans?” Minho wanted to laugh out loud at the doltish suggestion that Taemin has bought into such a joke but the seriousness on Taemin face started to worry Minho. “Oh god no! Taemin that is just a joke. You know us! You know that’s not real, right?”

“Yes, that’s what I thought. I just wanted to confirm. Ha ha, I guess I made a fool of myself.” Taemin said giggling and then he burst into l

Please log in to read the full chapter