Become Undone

The fault in your star (moving)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

******

 

The curtains were shut except for a little crack allowing minimal sunlight to penetrate the darkness of the room. It was awfully quiet inside except for the sound of a slow but steady heartbeat on the ECG letting the void know that the man attached to it was still alive. The sun was already half way down and the little light that penetrated the room allowed only a silhouette to be visible. The silhouette could be described as the saddest man on earth. He sat next to the bed with his head buried in his hand, crying out soft sobs.

"There is no point in crying over the past Minho" came a voice from the void. Another man stood in the opposite corner from the bed, next to the window where the darkness was the thickest.

"What else can I do? Hyung has been here for years now. He never wakes up, never moves, never smiles or makes any sound! And what's worse is that no one even remembers him. His parents have forgotten that they even had a son! And now the only one who knows anything about that day has no memories of it! Sometimes I wonder if he did it you know if Jinki really did this to hyung. I remember Jinki standing there in his Nemea form and hyung lying on the ground covered in blood! I was so angry I wanted to kill him! But the shock on Jinki’s crying face made me doubt he hurt hyung. And then hyung spoke his last words to me before he went into this never ending coma. He told me 'trust your heart and let it lead you.' I didn’t understand what he was trying to say. All these years and I still have no idea. Only if he'd wake up and tell me the truth or if Jinki would own up to all of it!"

"You must not give in to your emotions. We still don't know what Jinki wants and what he is capable of. Just keep a close eye on him and make sure he doesn't do anything to that Original. Also if the Original is going to lead us to the one who holds all the answers then you must also look out for that person. From now on everything is unpredictable so don't let your guard down, okay?"

"Yes, I will be careful with Jinki and protect Taemin no matter what!"

After a brief pause Minho signed and started speaking to the unconscious man, "Sorry hyung, I have to leave again. But I will make sure Jinki pays for what he did to you." Getting up he looked towards the man next to the window, "I will get going now, please take care of him."

 

Kibum

Whose house is this? It's been an hour already, Minho should've come out by now. Does he have a girlfriend or a boyfriend that he is hiding? No, that's not possible. If he had someone he would show them off to the world, plus it's not like he will keep such a big secret from me!

Just then Minho walked out of the front door of an apartment complex. It was a simple residential neighbourhood with multiple apartment complexes lined in a row. There was nothing too special or different about the apartment complex that Minho had visited. He made his way to his car and drove off without noticing a taxi round the corner. Kibum had made sure Minho didn't find out he was being followed.

"Please wait here, I'll just be back," Kibum said getting off and walking into the apartment complex Minho just walked out of. He quickly went through the names of residents on the letter box but nothing caught his eye. Damn! I don't recognise a single name on this list. I don't have time to waste on following Minho. I will just write down these names for now and check on them later.

 

Taemin

Jonghyun had visited Kibum's apartment but no one answered the door so he guessed that they were both out. As he was about to head for the stairs, the elevator stopped at Kibum's floor and Taemin walked out.

Oh no, Jonghyun-hyung! "Hello hyung, were you just at our place?" Taemin asked smiling.

"Yes, but no one opened the door so I was just about to head downstairs"

"Hyung is that your latest album?" Taemin asked noticing the albums Jonghyun was holding.

"Haha, yes. I personally wanted to give you both a copy." Jonghyun said smiling shyly.

Please log in to read the full chapter