Elevator

The fault in your star (moving)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jonghyun

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon when a heartbroken Jonghyun was in his apartment reading the book Divergent. As he read the line, "...Then I realise what it is. It's him. Something about him makes me feel like I'm about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames;" his mind raced to his next door neighbour and crush. He felt his heart ache and vision go blur.

*flashback*

It was 2 years ago that Jonghyun finally got his first break as a singer with his album BASE, and that's when he moved into the slightly uptown apartment that has a west facing bedroom with a huge window that he likes to call the 'moon door'. As soon as he moved in he met his neighbour, who was half asleep and wearing a shirt inside out, in the elevator.

"Hey are you okay?" Jonghyun asked.

"Oh yes, thank you *yawns*. Which floor?"

"4th; I'm Jonghyun by the way"

"Hey I live on the same floor! Call me Jinki" he said flashing a million-watt smile at Jonghyun.

And just like that, they become friends and Jonghyun is instantly drawn to this cute man with dishevelled hair and smile that reaches his eyes. He doesn't know what about him is so attractive but Jinki's smile makes him feel warm and happy. Over the next few weeks, they keep meeting in the elevator till Jinki finally invites Jonghyun over for coffee. After that, they keep visiting each other's apartments when they get time and become really good friends. Then a few months later, Jonghyun's childhood friend and an upcoming fashion designer Kibum moved into an apartment above Jonghyun. Jonghyun decided to throw him a welcome party. When Kibum met Jinki he decided to name him "Onew" because of the soft and gentle aura that he emitted. Jinki laughed at this but Jonghyun agreed that it suited Jinki perfectly. Things seem to be going great for the trio and Jonghyun thought he was getting closer to Jinki every day. He was waiting for Jinki to open up a little more so Jonghyun knew Jinki was ready to hear his confession. But all good things must come to an end, and this happened with one phone call from Kibum 3 months ago.

"Hey! Remember I told you about my cousin who is studying abroad?" Kibum said into the phone.

"Taemin right?" Jonghun inquired.

" Yeah! He is coming here to live with me. He got into a university nearby."

"That's great! Let's throw a welcome party for him!" and with this Jonghyun hung up.

Little did Jonghyun know then that he was welcoming the one boy that would take everything away from him. 

*flashback ends*

Now staring out of his moon door, Jonghyun can see the sun descending. Most of his Sunday's were spent with either Jinki or Kibum. But both had plans for today - one with his designs and other with Taemin. It hurt him to see them together. Jonghyun would avoid running into them in the elevator. He hated how Taemin would always stand in between him and Jinki with his fingers intertwined into Jinki's. Jonghyun didn't mind Taemin alone; in fact, Taemin alone was adorable and Jonghyun felt an urge to protect him. Maybe that's how Jinki felt as well but only deeper. This would make Jonghyun so jealous he wouldn't know what to do with himself, so he would pour all this down in his songs.

Sighing he pulls himself away from the moon door and decides to go for a walk instead. But before he can leave his house he receives a text from Kibum saying, "Hey help me set up a welcome party for a friend who is moving next to you. He is a model ;)"

Jonghyun sighs again and thinks about suggesting Kibum to apply for a realtor instead! He is worried about anyone new moving near Jinki but how bad can it get? Jinki already had a boyfriend. Boyfriend. Jonghyun nearly chokes when he thinks of that word and before his eyes get sweaty again he texts back saying "Sure" and rushes up to Kibum's apartment.

He takes the stairs to Kibum's apartment and opens the front door without knocking. This was more out of habit since Kibum's family lived next door to Jonghyun's and they'd spend most of their time together as kids. However, Kibum never did get used to this.

"Yay! How many times do I need to tell you freaking knock the door?! What if I was making out with my girlfriend?" a confetti covered Kibum yells.

"You don't have a girlfriend!" Jonghyun states while rolling his eyes. No matter how serious Kibum is being right now, Jonghyun could never take a dishevelled-haired-confetti-covered-wardrobe-malfunctioning-diva Kim Kibum seriously.

Kibum tried to hide the hurt he felt at that comment and gets himself busy with pasting some tassels on a poster instead.

"Wow you really go all out, don't you? What is all this for?" Jonghyun asks looking at the shiny gold and blue pieces of satin cloth hanging straight down from the ceiling and having their loose ends cut into smaller sections and braided. There were several candles of similar colour scheme placed strategically to match the atmosphere. In the centre was a table with a two tier cake in pearl aqua with black and white flowers. And Kibum was currently working on a colourful bedazzled poster that simply said 'Welcome'.

"I just told you Minho is moving in next to you" Kibum said only half paying attention to Jonghyun.

"Who is Minho?" Jonghyun asked.

That question snapped Kibum out

Please log in to read the full chapter