Lean on me

Kind of magic

2. Lean on me

“I need something that helps to confess” Jinwoo says, looking at him with so much hope and optimism, as if he could already picture himself with what he wants. And it’s such a nice view that Seunghoon forgets momentary that is kind of rude ro stare with your mouth filled, showing its contents. But there are fireflies inside Jinwoo’s eyes and he wants to catch them all, put them in a jar, so he keeps gawking at him, as if he was under a spell. 

People say that Jinwoo has faery's blood, for him to be so beautiful, for him to be able to charm everyone. They say that when Jinwoo is around, flowers bloom and spring comes earlier, but Seunghoon believes that it's only Jinwoo's magic; he has seen him with his wand making plants grow faster and healthier, but it is a nice though, he thinks. 

Seunghoon takes a sip of his not-too-hot coffee and curses internally – because coffee has to be hot and Jinwoo is distracting him from awakening, and that’s bad.  He scrunches his eyebrows and raises his gaze to the enchanted celling; outside the day shines with the promise of an early summer, white clouds painting a clear blue sky. Jinwoo follows his pupils and smiles under it, with a happiness that cannot be described. “Do you know anything that can do that?” he asks him, still expectant, believing in Seunghoon’s abilities way too much – not that he isn’t talented, but there is something in the way he looks up at him that makes Seunghoon afraid of deceiving him.

However, his cold coffee tastes disgusting and he holds grudges against Jinwoo, which feels completely wrong, since he is a client; a friend, too. Kind of, they are not that close, yet, not because Seunghoon doesn’t want, though, he would like it; Jinwoo is so nice and friendly, been with him has to be like having permanent sunbeams shining over you, like been happy. And Seunghoon soon discovers that coffee is not as important as to keep making Jinwoo smile: his smile is brighter than millions sunsets colouring the night sky.

Seunghoon thinks that he knows something that might help Jinwoo, but it won’t be easy to do, if they both agree; he will have to indefinitely loan some ingredients – all the ingredients –, from Professor Slughorn, who, obviously, doesn’t have to know. Not that Seunghoon cares too much – or at all –; he has done that so many times that he is amazed that nobody has reported him, or that his teacher doesn’t suspect about him stealing from his cupboards. 

“I suppose that a Felix Felicis might do” Seunghoon nods, already making a mental list of what he will need. “But that won’t make Minho confesses to you, you know" he explains "but that's the only potion that comes to mind at the moment" . Just then, in between another surprised look from Jinwoo, who is puzzled and baffled at what he said, someone squeezes his shoulder and gigles sleepily at them both. Seunghoon watches Taehyun, eyebrows dropped and eyes nearly closed. He greets Jinwoo, and sits with them, trying to join their conversation. Not that they are having any; not as if his slumber mind would be able to speak.

“Taehyun-ah!” and Jinwoo’s hands fly to catch Taehyun’s face, whom is dangerously sweeping over his breakfast, “Taehyun-ah, wake up, you are too young to die!” and shakes his shoulders vigorously until the youngest one reacts. With a jolt, Taehyun comes back to live and hurries himself to eat, drinking tea with desperation.

“Do I want to know what you both are talking about” he asks, suffocating with a glug of tea a yawn. He rubs his eyes and tries to stay awake. 

“Business” says Seunghoon and Taehyun, who has manage to survive for another minute, nods. Taehyun is one of the few people close to Seunghoon - the only one, really -, he tends to admire him and his way to make money, since he has grown up in a wealthy family. He is a nice kid, a little snobby, but he likes his profound sarcasm and the way his eyebrows move. 

“The usual with you. But, what does hyung want?” and that’s something he is not going to reveal; confidentiality is the basis of his job, if their clients come to him if for his ability to keep his mouth shut and because he is the best in potions – better than Kang Seungyoon, who is the best in the whole school.

“You know that I can’t talk about it”, he replies “so, if you excuse us, we have a conversation to finish” but Jinwoo doesn’t seem to be bothered by Taehyun presence. Instead, he talks amiably to him, ensuring that he is not falling asleep on his porridge again. He looks very comfortable around them, not caring about the fact that they are both the fact that Taehyun and he are Slytherin; that he is literally stealing their food and most of the members of his house are watching him with rancour. It is not usual. Not that Seunghoon minds, he would keep Jinwoo inside his pocket if he could, and Taehyun likes him too, for a reason Seunghoon can’t point out, but he has the feeling that it's because of Jinwoo's dongsaeng.  

It’s not until after their classes are over than Seunghoon finds Jinwoo. He, as usual, is talking with his other half, Kang Seungyoon. As long as he knows, they are best friends, but the way Seungyoon touches him and praises him at any given opportunity – most of the time he does it when Jinwoo answers a question; he smiles and cheekily proclaims how intelligent his hyung is –, then, they are always together, and sometimes it seems as if the air between them needs to be supressed because it keep them apart. But when Jinwoo sees him walking down the corridor, he runs toward him, waving and smiling and the dull afternoon turns into a beautiful view. From afar, Seungyoon watches them with a raised brown and a frown on his marshmallow lips, in his eyes he can read suprime and preoccupation. 

“We didn’t finish our conversation before” he greets him with eyes made of glitter. “I was thinking, too, about the Felix Felicis and, if you agree to make it for me, I think it would work. I don’t need it to force him to confess, just like… give an extra boost?” he wonders, looking at him, as if he held the answer of the universe.

“I—ah… I suppose?” he stutters, because there are stars dancing inside Jinwoo’s dimples and he is so weak when it comes to him. “Do you want someone to confess?” Seunghoon asks, knowing that whoever that Jinwoo loves is the luckiest person in the entirely world. “It’s for Minho or Seungyoon?” he wonders, because, in his opinion, they are the most probable candidates; in one hand there is Song Minho, who has a massive and undeniable crush on him, since the first day of their first year, who follows him, his gaze drawn to him like a magnet, impossible to resist, like a lovesick boyfriend, he does everything for a bite of Jinwoo’s attention and affection. And then there is Seungyoon, who has been Jinwoo’s best friend since forever, always glued, always a pack. They have a way to act which each other, like lovers on their first date, laughing at the most random things, talking for hours, closely, hands over the other’s body as if the concept of personal space were something totally foreigner to them.

“It’s for Yoon” he replies, astounded “how did you know? Is it… too obvious?” Seunghoon blinks, in awe, for the information that he is receiving. That’s new, that’s chocking: that is going to be the end of Minho.

 

Author Notes: hope you have enjoyed it. It's not too good, but still, I hope you liked it anyway. 

Thanks a million for reading ~ 

As usual, special thanks to Hotgee and our precious manly maknae. Also to Chivisale, for your beautiful comments! You all are so great!

And you all should go an read their stories ~