Gotta talk to you

Kind of magic

4. Gotta talk to you

It’s a beautiful day. The sun bathes him from above, clear and bright, ushering with it the essence of an early morning of May. He sits in front of Jinwoo, whom he has been talking since waking up, laughing together as they always do as long as he can remember.

He doesn’t know how or when, only that Jinwoo was the one at his side and he has been so proud, of the young man he has turn up to become, glad to call himself as his best friend. They were joking about something stupid, Jinwoo smashing his back, the way he always does it when he laugh with delight, filling the hall with his voice when he suddenly has stopped, motionless for a second and then, without saying a word, he has run toward the Slytherin side of the Great Hall.

And now he has to sit alone, watching from afar how Jinwoo is talking with Lee Seunghoon, which makes him worried. What does his hyung need from him? He is aware of the kind of person that Seunghoon is: cunning and interested, he only looks after money and secrets to sell. Seungyoon should do something, he shouldn’t let his innocent and most of the time stupid –but too much lovely and sweet to say that to him – hyung hang around this type of student. Is not as if Jinwoo couldn’t take care of himself, he can, after all he is from a fisher village, he is though than it seems, but he can’t handle been away from his friend, the only one he truly has, the light that shine brighter than the sunshine.

He is glimpsing at them, peeking back and forth between his breakfast – not that interesting – and Kim Jinwoo talking kindle with the not so nice but smiling and staring at hyung Seunghoon. Seungyoon wishes that he could joint them, just to see what it’s all about – Jinwoo is undeniable cheerful and amiable, but never has shown any special interest in this specific Slytherin member, so something has to be going on –. He has been so focused on trying to figure it out Jinwoo’s business that he doesn’t realize that someone is smirking at him.

“You look like an abandoned puppy, Seungyon-nie” greets him his nemesis, sitting right next to him, stuffing all the food available into his plate and, right away, into his mouth.

Song Minho is that annoying Gryffindor that has managed to befriend with Jinwoo. And since then, he sits regularly in the Ravenclaw table, even when Professor McGonagall has asked him not to do so – something about molesting reputable students with his loud voice had been said, Seungyoon knows because he is Perfect of his house and has attended that meeting –, and talks nonstop to Jinwoo, who laughs cutely at his lame jokes and showers him with a bunch of attention and affection that Seungyoon knows he doesn’t deserve. It is not like he hates Minho, he doesn’t, but he is so deeply in love with Jinwoo, and he is so oblivious about it that Seungyoon is amaze that Jinwoo hasn’t notice it yet. But, again, Jinwoo is so innocent and naïve that would totally misunderstand if Minho kisses him as sort of friendship thing.

“Are you talking about you, Song Mojiri?” says him back, not in the best humour.

“What is hyung asking for to Seunghoon? And stop it, I already told you that I did it on purpose” he complains. Seungyoon knows, of course he does; he has fail most of his exams last year so he would need some tutoring, hoping that Jinwoo would be the chosen one for him. Unfortunately for both of them Professor McGonagall and the rest of the staff, has agreed that Minho should be tutored by Seungyoon. “He will use this time to stare at Mister Kim, wasting his precious time” McGonagall has explained to him, and Seungyoon has to approve.

“That only makes you more stupid” he replies with a grin plastered on his face. “But I’ll like to know it, too” he admits, because it’s the truth. If Jinwoo is asking for a potion it has to be something very complicated, otherwise he would have asked him instead. Or is he keeping a secret from him? The mere though hurts and Minho should have seen the pain crossing his eyes, because he looks at him with compassion, smiling shyly.

“Are you planning to confess to him? I mean – I’m sure hyung likes you back and I – I’ll be happy if he is”

“What? Why everybody thinks we are together? We are not” says Seungyoon, with a big amount of concern on his voice “He is the brother I never have and I only want the best for him. That’s why I don’t like you, he deserves so much better…” but he is smirking so wide that even Minho knows he is just half serious. “He is all yours. Well, yours to confess, since you are the lovesick one.” Minho’s cheeks get all flustered and he looks at him like a pouting baby, Seungyoon’s heart skip a beat. Not for how adorable Minho is whenever he is agitated because of Jinwoo, but because another Slytherin – one much more pleasant to see than Lee Seunghoon – has joined Jinwoo. Someone with droopy eyebrow and parted hairstyle, blonde and beautiful, with slender eyes that hide all his talents. Someone with whom Seungyoon is in love.  It has never been a secret, only that people usually don’t realize how Seungyoon pupils always follow him, or how he breaths more intensely when he is around, his heart pounding like a metronome. Only Jinwoo knows. But it doesn’t matter, he thinks, since Nam Taehyun barely admits his existence, always avoiding him and, sometimes, like right now, sending him killing stares that he doesn’t get. There has been something that he has done to him, but he can’t recall it, and he can’t help his heart to feel this way to him, even if he only gets hate in return of his affection.

He finishes his breakfast quickly, talking from time to time with Minho, but he is staring at Jinwoo, and inevitable, their conversation falls again and again into Jinwoo – with Minho is a recurrent theme – and Seungyoon spends part of his morning listening to him rambling about how he is planning to confess. There is something dark in Minho’s eyes, something that makes Seungyoon curious. He knows that Minho is a good person – he really is, he has to be to befriend Jinwoo –, so when a spark of shadows cloud his orbs, Seungyoon is impressed and a little dazed about it, but keeps his mouth shout; Minho might be stupid, but he won’t hurt Jinwoo, never, he loves him so much… but then, he is up to do anything so long as to get him and that fact scares him, very much when he should not.

Jinwoo is back, glued at his side, laughing sweetly at some events that have happen today, telling him about Taehyun, what did he say, how he smelled today. They are finishing their classes for today and he is heading to the Quiddich field for late training with his team mates and Jinwoo, as usual, will go to cheer him, probably with Minho, who hasn’t been around since morning, and it’s not normal.

It’s also uncommon to find that, again, Jinwoo is leaving him for Seunghoon.

 

Author's Note: sorry for the delay updating this time. Hope you'll like it.

Hogwart's House Game:

5 points to pretty maknae

1 point to sweet eunni

Thank you very much for reading.  As usual, English is not my native tongue, so sorry for the mistakes. Don't hesitate to leave a comment with your impressions of this chapter! And keep tune to Twitter for the new #KoM question.

Thanks again for your time ~