My Day

Kind of magic
  1. My day

 

There is something more hateful than a morning? Wonders Taehyun while dragging his feet across the Great Hall. Yes, there is, he answers himself; a Wednesday morning. There is nothing more awful an unpleasant than this, and he knows the reason. There has never been a Wednesday that has been tolerable to him, not nice, not bearable, so he holds no expectations about today.

But when he sees Kim Jinwoo sitting on Slytherin’s table and talking with Seunghoon, his gloomy, bloody morning seems to clear itself, like a sky after the rain, and he rushes toward them; a day that starts with Kim Jinwoo around can’t be that bad, after all. So he greets both of his hyungs and tries to keep focus on his breakfast and the conversation that they are having. Soon enough, thought, there aren’t more words coming and going between them, so he joins them.

Chatting with Jinwoo is always enjoyable; he is so naïve and sweet, he can fool him easily and manipulate him to get him what he wants. And what Taehyun wants has a name and a perfect fluffy smile and is throwing cold glances at them laughing. Taehyun smirks at it, at the thought that, at least, he is paying some attention to him, to his motions, even if it’s only because he is jealous or mad because Jinwoo is not with him, been his second heart. He doesn’t care, he has cared for so long, but now he just wants to appreciate it, those little moments that they share secretively, the furtive peeks that Taehyun does nearly every five seconds, hopping that the other person won’t catch him. And he lets himself stare softly at him, from the distance, giggling internally because he is not going to show it, his greatest weakness. 

But when breakfast is over, Taehyun’s gloomy Wednesday greets him again, taking any remaining merry memory that he can have from earlier - bright eyes with despair,  plume dry smiles that have to taste like heaven, a cold treatment he is used to - . Because even if he has seen him, it is still Wednesday, and he is not going to have another peek of him until next day - if he is lucky enough to survive until then, with Seunghoon around its hard to tell - .

It has been like that since first year: Ravenclaw and Slytherin have never had shared a class on a Wednesday. Not even once. And Taehyun hates it, very much. Because the truth is that Nam Taehyun has been in love with Kang Seungyoon since fifth.  Nobody knows and nobody cares, but his chest beats only for him and he will do anything to be able to be by his side, to see him. He is not asking for him to return his feelings, he perfectly knows, since long ago, that Seungyoon’s thought and heart and his all belongs to Jinwoo, it’s an undeniable fact. It's something everybody knows. 

Classes are only a succession of faces and words that he doesn’t bothers to understand and when his day couldn’t be worse – Professor McGonagall has catch him napping in her class, so he has to spent extra time in the library after dinner, which means less opportunities to see Seungyoon at the Great Hall; Wednesday, again, are the days when he has Quiddich training, so he does his studying at the Common Room, not the library, where he can hide behind the shelves and dream about his rough hands like pergamins,  like any other days would be –. And there aren’t any Beatles’ songs than can make his day better or that can bring some comfort to his mind, lightening his somber mood. 

He is walking toward Seunghoon after their last class of the day is over when he sees Jinwoo running to his friend, waiving at his direction, a pleasant smile in his radiant face. And, from afar, waiting for his hyung, stands,  inwardly,  Seungyoon. And Taehyun can’t help him but to hide. He is not ready for it, for this surprising change on his routine, for the sun to shine in the middle of the night.

“The potion is for Yoon” he hears Jinwoo telling to Seunghoon, who nods in awe, as if he didn’t expect that turn up event. “I want him to declare…” he continues, biting his lips nervously, pink staining his check, ashamed, shy like a kid.

“But why don’t you confess to him? I mean” goes Seunghoon, who doesn’t know how the heart can be, how can trick your mind and poisons the blood that beats on you. Taehyun, on the other hand, he knows it, very well, much better than he wishes it for “he is clearly in love with you”

“Wh – What?” he shouts, extremely astounded. “I don’t want him to confess to me!” he adds, in a softer tone, after looking around, not wanting to drag any unnecessary attention. “He is my brother, it would be so wrong!” he explains and something that was sinking inside Taehyun body just lifts and goes.  He feels so light that he might fly, high, high, melting into the sunset that is covering him with red and dark and purple. “I mean, obviously we love each other” he adds, quickly “but it’s not like that. He is in love with” and Jinwoo, again, looks around, ensuring that they are alive, ready to share some secret with Seunghoon “with Taehyun-ah” and it’s just a whisper, but echoes through Taehyun’s bones, shaking him from his very core.

And this dreadful Wednesday abruptly comes to end for Nam Taehyun, turning it into his day. The best day he has ever had. 

Autor's Notes: Thank you very much for reading! I really appreciate it. As usual, I'm very sorry for all the mistakes, but English is not my native tongue.

If you want to join the "Houses points" that I set up for this story, follow me at @hipsitta and answer the questions. If you do it right, you'll win points, and at the end of this story, the one with more points, will decide what story I should write next.

Special thanks to the Noonas Team, suportive as always, our cutie manly potatoe maknae, who is lovely, chivisale, who is also a great writer and a nice girl and to you, for reading it.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

PD. U have to revise it, sorry. Somethings might change a little.