In the End

Kind of magic

9- In the end

Minho looks at Jinwoo, pleading, eyes tearing apart, watering his cheeks with salt and fears and a love that is running away. But, if this is the end, Minho will go through it, through the pain and the rejection of knowing, for once and for real, that Jinwoo only hates him. But his heart will be free, even if tomorrow it will be caged again inside this prison that loving him so much is.

“Who?” he asks in a way that sounds like a whisper, but echoes like a thunder in Minho’s ears, setting straight to his mind. “Who were you going to give it?” he repeats it, looking at him tempestuously, all his disappoints showing up inside them, making them bright like flashes, stars falling, colliding with Minho’s heart, shattering it into a million little bits that the waves will .

“To you”, he murmurs, eyes down and tears falling. For once he doesn’t care; why when his life is ruined? “I have been in love with you since our second years” he confesses and, for a second he thinks that Jinwoo is smiling, but then, in a blink of an eye, it just disappears and he is not sure anymore. “I know you don’t like me, so I – I only wanted to be loved by you, if only for a minute, feel what it must be to be with you”

“But I do,” he says, gently, so softly that Minho cannot hear it, so softly that the wind rushes it, blowing its meaning away, out of his reach.  

“I – 'm sorry hyung and I understand if you don’t want to see me again. I’ll leave now” and, before Jinwoo can even react, Minho is running back to the castle, crying under a moon that smiles at him, mocking at his pain, at his broken chest that has stopped beating.

Morning comes but Minho doesn’t. He doesn’t show at breakfast, not at dinner time and seems like nobody knows where in Hogwarts this Song Minho is.

It’s clear for Seunghoon that Jinwoo is sad since without Minho around there aren’t laughs or colours exploding in his eyes. He knows that they have fought for a reason, and he thinks he knows why, and the weight of his acts, even if he doesn’t remember, dizziness is still clouding his brain, even after taking the hangover remedy that Taehyun has made for him.

“Hyung, what’s up?” he tries to cheer him with a bright presence and a warm smile, but Jinwoo just sighs and looks at him with a forced grin that only feels tired. It hurts, seeing him down, been unable to help, to heal his wounds. But he still tries, because he is Seunghoon and giving up is not part of his vocabulary, because he loves him that much to sacrifice himself for his happiness, to make him smile again.

“Nothing” but he is a terrible liar and Seunghoon catches it in no time. “Minho wanted to use a love potion on me” he explains, and he nods, because, well, he knows, he has known it from a long time ago; about Minho’s intentions.

“I shouldn’t have said it, I’m sorry. I never considered doing it, the potion” he specifies “because that is not to love just an illusion. I can’t defend what Minho wanted to do to you, I can only offer you my sincere apologies” he says, bowing at him, begging for his forgiveness for his part on this snarl that he has tried to avoid very much. But instead of replying to him, or to yell at him mad and angry, he punches him, half healthily.

“It’s not your fault, but I don’t think I can see Minho now. Just thinking about what he was going to do… It hurts” and Seunghoon understands. “Thank you, Seunghoon-ah” he adds, half hugging him. And at this Seunghoon rushes to hold him tight, giving him all the love that he has, letting him uses his shoulder to cry and weep. But he doesn’t, he just put his chin to rest there, his nose grazing his neck, his lips kissing gently, unconsciously, his pale skin. He doesn’t mind, though, Jinwoo can kiss him everywhere if he wants or needs.

Seunghoon is not in love, he repeats it to himself, like a charm, chanting it every day; it’s just because he is so lovely and bright, stunning, spellbinding. He has something that nobody can resist. But it isn't love what they have, it's just friendship, he lies, and he knows it, but he plays along, believing his words.

That’s why he has gone to find Minho, after their last exam. It has been nearly a month since Minho has been with them, a month of a worried Jinwoo, of a tired Jinwoo missing him in a subtle way and a month of Seunghoon trying to console him. By now, they are inseparable, right now when Seunghoon breathes, so Jinwoo does it. A month of Jinwoo stepping in his room to sleep pressed between him and the cold wall, of him talking and whispering until late at night, of him holding his hand and smiling just for him not to be concerned anymore. They both are kind of happy, or so he tells to himself, settling in a routine of having Jinwoo around, of been Jinwoo’s best friend – after Seungyoon, nobody will beat their bound –. He is content with it, he doesn’t need anything else but Jinwoo, his results and their last summer holidays. He is alright, he doesn’t need to put his feelings into words because he knows that they will be rejected, because he knows they will only bring suffering to Jinwoo, to them both - and the friendship they have build is beautiful enough to suppress the other twinging feelings.

He tries to talk to Minho, but he is nowhere to be found.

Three days later he will hear that he has gone with no intentions to come back. Three days later Jinwoo will break up and cry until his eyes will be red and sore. Three days later they will be back at home.

Author’s notes: Thanks a million for reading this. As usual, sorry for all the mistakes, English is not my native language.

Again, comments, up votes and subscriptions, I appreciate them all very much. I hope you are enjoying this little and silly story as much as I enjoy writing it.

And this is how this story ends. Thank you so much for following this little thing until the end. It means the world to me, so, again, thank you. I know that the end is a little wierd, but that is because there will be a sequel soon!

Also, special thanks to all the lovely people who has spent their time not only reading this but also commenting.

Kim_Rose, Rougeetnoir, Kyontagmo, Chivisale, Maeru, Hotgee: thanks you from the bottom of my heart for been here and supporting this lame story that you have liked so much. 

About the House Points, Maeru is the winner with 15 points, so I'll write - eventually - what she wants ~ Congratulations!

And, with this, I'll leave. Thanks again for reading and I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Lots of love.