Please, help me

Kind of magic

Kind of Magic

  1. Please, help me

 “I need a potion”, is Wednesday morning and the breakfast looks far more appealing than that request. When someone as good as you in potions are asking you for help, nothing good can come from it, Seunghoon is aware. He stuffs some toast in his mouth, hungrily, before even looking at the pretty boy he has sitting next to him. “I’ll pay you” he adds, in a vain intent of convincing him.

“Of course you will. I don’t work for free” he replies, mouth still full, not caring too much about courtesy or been polite. He knows him, not only because he is infamous for his handsomeness, he is also very talented and disciplined, ranked five in the top ten of students. This means that he is going to ask for something dangerous and complicated, probably some kind of illegal concoction, something he doesn’t want to get involved, for sure.

“Please, I really need it” he begs, his big deer eyes, filled with falling stars, staring at him, desperate. His classmates, whom are sitting next to him, seem to start to get bothered by his presence; it’s not usual to find a cute Ravenclaw having his breakfast on Slytherin’s table.

Seunghoon sighs, giving up, defeated. How can he say no to those adorable eyes? He has a heart, even if people think otherwise, too. And Kim Jinwoo can steal it if he wants, with just a glance. He is not in love with him, he is only infatuated, kind of, but, again, who is not? He is Jinwoo, the nicest, sweetest, captivating, dearest person in the school – rumours say in the whole world, and Seunghoon is not going to contradict rumours –, not to forget that he also has the most alluring looks; his face is just perfect. All of him screams perfection. Every part of him is his best part. “Your boyfriend asked for a potion too. Would you tell him I’m not doing it?” he tells him, not really answering his pledge.

“Which one?” and he look totally at lost, but lovely as ever.

“I didn’t know you have more than one…” he smirks, knowingly. So this boy is not as pure as he seems.

“There is something wrong in having more than one boy friend?” he asks, curious. “Because I do… I also have girlfriends” he specifics. Seunghoon rolls his eyes at his explosion of naïveté and innocence. He likes him, pretty much more than he will admit to anybody, not even him, but Jinwoo can be way too much. He laughs.

“Your lover? Song Minho? Does that ring any bell on your empty brain?” sometimes he can swear that he doesn’t know how Jinwoo manages to survives in a cruel world like the one their live in.

“He is just my friend” he replies, seriously, his eyes round and exposed, so opened and vulnerable, expressing his surprise, gleaming with a light Seunghoon can’t explain. But he knows better; he has a reputation, in Hogwarts there is not a secret that Lee Seunghoon doesn’t know, or so he claims, but people believes him, the trust in him, most of them come to him in search of advice, some like Song Minho, who is utterly, madly, desperately in love with Jinwoo. But that is not a secret, not for the expert eyes, not for the common eyes, not for anyone but Jinwoo, of course, who, after years of hanging around with him hasn’t notice his true feelings. No wonder Minho had asked for his help. The wonder here is what Jinwoo is up for.

“Oh, that’s fantastic!” he exclaims, all sarcastic. But, again, Jinwoo doesn’t get it; he just smiles at him, prettily, patiently, waiting for him to go to business. Or maybe he just enjoys his company, it’s so hard to read pass his entire sweet persona. “Anyway” he continues, back to his professional tone, the one he reserves for important moments, as when he is going to sell some innocuous bottle of pumpkin juice as a very dangerous potion to some sap student. Not that he has done that, at all. He has a reputation: as a skilled liar – who is the best at potions and sometimes sells his talents, too. But, yes, for most of the time, he lies and keeps secrets. “What do you need?” Jinwoo’s eyes wide open, impossibly, filled with expectations, staring at him with so intensely that makes Seunghoon uncomfortable.

“Are you really willing to help me?” and, right now, Seunghoon knows he will do it; without any doubt; he is cursed.

 

Author Notes: thanks for reading ~ I hope you liked it. I can't promise I'll update regularly, because life is unsure, but I'll try to do my best to finish it as soon as possible.

Also, special thanks to Team Noonas and to our cutie maknae.