Chapter 4: Sun is Fading

I've Lost The Moon

Moon Chae Won's POV

It's been two days and I haven't heard from him since the last time we talked on the phone. He didn't call or text me at least. I don't even know if he's back here in Korea. I tried to call his phone but it was turned off.

So I decided to call his manager. His manager said they went on a different flight since the manager had problems with his luggage so SJK had to take the flight alone and the flight landed 5 hours ago.

Why didn't he contact me?

Maybe he went straight to his parent's house?

I decided to wait for him at his apartment but to my surprise he was already there sleeping in his room.

He looks so tired. No wonder he wasn't able to contact me maybe he was so exhausted to even lift a finger. 

I stared and watch him peacfully sleeping.

I brushed my fingers through his hair and rolled up the blanket up to his chest.

"Good night my love. I missed you so much."

I kissed him on the forehead.

I went out to sleep in the next room since I don't want to accidentally wake him up if I sleep beside him.

.

.

5AM

I woke up early to prepare breakfast. I went to check on him but he is still sleeping. I cleaned up the house a bit and then started reading and memorizing some scripts for the film. I'm sitting here on my favorite chair in this house.

"Chaewonnie?"

I stood up and turned around to face him.

I ran up to him excitedly and hugged him  and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good morning Jagiya! I missed you so much!"

I clung my arm to his and led him to the dining table.

"Come, let's eat breakfast I prepared some food."

he sat on the chair across mine.

"Were you here since last night?"

I nodded as I put a rice bowl infront of him.

"I'm sorry I forgot to call you when we got back here."

I jokingly glared at him then chuckled.

"It's alright Jagi. I know you were very tired from your flight."

he nodded and gave me a faint smile..

I put some food in his bowl and we started eating. 

While eating, I talked about my movie filming. How much I missed him when he was away for months. I told him about the funny antics Kwangsoo did. I asked him about Greece and his shoot.

He was unusually quiet today and only responded when I asked him questions. I did all the talking and he reacted like he was not that interested. I sighed deep inside even though I am smiling. 

Then I remember something in my bag

"Ohh wait!"

I ran up to the couch where my bag is and looked for the gift.

I walked back towards the dining table smiling at him while I'm looking at his expressionless face. 

Jetlag maybe?

I handed him the little rectangular black box with a gold ribbon.

"What is this?"

He asked confused looking at the little box on his hand frowning.

"Happy 3rd Anniversary love! Open it! Even though it is late." I let out a soft laugh.

His expression changed but I can't seem to ditinguish what it was. Surprised?

My gift is a handmade bracelet I especially made myself. I even asked the ahjumma who was selling it in a souvenir shop to teach me how to make it. 

I didn't want to just buy and give him anything. I want it to be personal and special.

"Tada! I also have mine."

I raised my hand where I wore the other piece of the bracelet to show him. 

I know he doesn't like this kind of couple stuff we never really had any so I just wanted to try ㅋㅋㅋ

"I'm sorry Chaewonnie I didn't buy you any gifts."

he lowered his head

"It's alright. I know you can't even possibly wear that just keep it and I will wear mine and it's not like we are required to give gifts if the other gives you one."

I chuckled.

"I have a request instead."

he shook his head in agreement.

"What is it?"

I then pulled out the thing inside my jacket's pocket.

A padlock with 'MCW ♡ SJK' engraved on it. 

His eyes widened.

"Let's go to Namsan Tower."

I know only young couples usually do this kind of stuff. And it will be very hard for us to go there since we're celebrities but I just want something to commemorate our third anniversary.

"You know we can't be seen together right?"

I nodded and frowned

"But jagi..we can just go there disguised or what. Please please?"

I went to his side and hugged him

"Please jagi?"

 

"Alright."

.

.

.

I went to my schedule after we finished breakfast. It's too bad that I have a three-day straight filming while he was given a two-day rest before their shooting resumes. 

So we just decided to meet at Namsan Tower four days from today.

 

 

I feel like he changed so much. I always call him whenever I have free time just to check if he is eating properly. He only called me when  I asked him to call me back whenever he wasn't able to answer his calls. 

He has two days off but he never bothered to check on me. 

It's not like he need to but it's not like him.

I remember when he was still in military he always find ways just to communicate with me even through letters.

I know there's something wrong but I didn't want to overthink. 

Because if there's someone who should understand him more, it's me.

I know he is very passionate and hardworking. He might be busy reading his scripts. One of the many things I admire about him is his love for his work.

He is very passionate that sometimes it jeopardizes his health. He even injured himself when they were shooting in Greece.

I immediately shook off all negative thoughts.

I trust him and our love for each other. 

.

.

.

NAMSAN TOWER

First day of snow.

 

I'm standing here waiting for Joong Ki. I disguised myself wearing a long black wig, black face mask and a white cap. 

Winter has officially started so I'm wearing a very thick jacket. 

I saw a familiar figure walking towards me. He is also wearing a black face mask. A scarf around his neck and a black cap. 

I smiled like an idiot when he was only inches away from me and restrained myself from throwing myself at him since I didn't want to get attention from the people around us.

He then grabbed my hand and led me to a quiet corner.

I excitedly gave him the padlock and the keys and held his free hand tightly and clung in his arm.

but he released my hand then turned around to face me.

"Chaewon-ah"

I smiled at him widely and murmur.

"Mmm?"

 

"Let's break up."