XXIV

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 24
 
A lazy evening tumbled into nightfall as lethargy crept on the lad. Fighting his urge to leave everything and face-plant in bed, Daehyun cleaned up after his little barbecue party. Stocking his goods into the shelf and organising his space, the lad collapsed in bed with a book in hand. Malcolm X had quite a simple love story; helping out at the mosque and community centre he took a liking to a woman and simply asked for her hand in marriage. A week later the pair were hitched and on their honeymoon. Damn, nowadays people can be together for months and still wonder if the other actually likes them.

A loud bang snapped Daehyun out of his thoughts. An angel was furious, she stomped through the barn sniffing, making her way to the mural. Simultaneous thuds and splashes followed as she worked on her mural. Was Daehyun concerned, very. He knew everyone needs time to let things out, so he’d give her the time she needed before he talked to her.

Daehyun would give her anything. A month had changed him.

The thuds stop, little hands clenched beside the fallen figure on her knees. “Look at what you’ve made,” he tsked. “Your negative emotions took over all you happy expressionism.”

“Can you leave? Please?” she whispered.

“I should say that since my beauty sleep is being interrupted,” he sighed, crouching to her level.“I have a contract to abide to and I keep to my word, so I’m not leaving just yet.” Silence fell over the pair, “I want to know why you’re acting this way, Haerin.”

“Stop it.” Her tone revealed she was at her limit. “Who do you think you are? Storming into my life thinking you can do whatever you want! I have a path to follow, I have a land to care for and here you are making me more worried than I already am.”

“And what’s worrying you exactly?”

“That you’re not even worth it and this bond will fade away,” she seethed. And then it all adds up.