Chapter 10

You can't force me to marry him

 

I walk into the restaurant smiling since I was reminiscing about those days when I would usually hang out here with BTOB when I did not want to go home early or those days that I just want to get away from all those stress that I have been getting. I notice Ken was following me behind and he usher me to a private room which only the two of us eating and I could not blame it as if we were to sit outside paparazzi would be taking pictures of us and we could not even eat in peace but the seats he pick was one of my favourite as I could look outside while eating. He is not as bad as what I think he would be and besides he is a totally different person than I know from high school, people change and he really changes a lot maybe I should give him a chance like what they say. I say in my head as I was looking outside thinking about those days.

 

Just continue looking outside I have ordered the food beforehand if you don’t mind” he says and I turn and shook my head at him before looking back outside to admire the scenery. “Thank you for bringing me here” I mumble hoping he would hear while looking outside smiling when I remember those days in this same restaurant with BTOB talking and having fun with them.

 

The food arrives 5 minutes later and I look to see a few of my favourite food and I was thinking I did not even tell him about the things I like and dislike but he knows all and I am wondering from whom he heard about it. “Eat your food first” he says and I nods then went to eat my food. As soon as I was done with my food my phone rings and I peek to see who was calling me and it was omma. I hesitate to answer it as I know it is something not good to hear but still, I answer it but a little later.

 

Hello

You’re staying at a house with him and your things are already at his place so you don’t need to come home today

You are saying what?

You heard me

I heard you very well heck I knew this was coming and no I should have known better and besides you won’t even ask for my opinion or nothing because I am not your concern as all you even think is to marry me off to him that’s you main point that even your own daughter decisions and opinions is set aside.

I hung up the call and slam my fist down on the table hard and Ken was looking at me afraid if I would injure myself when I am already hurt deep inside. He paid for the food and we walk out of the restaurant. Right now it do not matter that I am getting married to him or what cause what matters now is that I am not allow to say out my opinions and decisions on something, when I say it out the answers is never going to change and that was the way I was treated from young till now and the only one I would count on is just my close friends and unnie. They are more like a family to me than my own family well other than unnie, both my parents are not treating me like the way I wanted it to be I need to listen to what the say and do the things the ask me to do. I do not want to live my life like this I have wasted my 23 years of life living in their shadows when it is my time to shine? I want to live the life I wanted but I could not and if getting married is the only way to get out of their shadows then I would glad to get married than to be their shadows for the rest of my life.

 

Yura, are you alright?” Ken ask edme as soon as we get in the car, he looks back at his phone when he receives a message and back at me before sighing. “Look I am sorry, I heard the news” he says while putting his hand on top of mine. “Just drive back home, I am sure your mum has told you about my things at your place. So just drive back silently, I need some peace” I say and he starts the engine and drove back to the house.

 

The ride back was definitely quieter than before and about 15 minutes we have reached his place and it was quite as big as my place well that was before I was being forced to live at this house. He parks the car and wanted to open the door for me but I was quick and I did not even want him to open the door for me. He opens the front door then allow me to went in first and I saw my things in the living and a note.

 

Yura ah here are your things and like I said you are staying here with him and your wedding is just next week as I thought the early the better now don’t complain and be a good daughter okay

-Mom

 

Be a good daughter? Heck I have always been a good one and listen to everything you ask me to do and now you are asking me to be a good daughter how about you be a good mom before asking me to be a good daughter” I rant out since I was really pissed with her and I know she is my mom but she have gone too far. Ken did not ask me that much and he took my things to a room and pointed out that it is my room and went out but before he closes the door he says if I needed anything or someone I could look for him and his room is just opposite of mine.

 

I did not nod or say anything to him, I was so pissed at my mom for whatever she is doing. I switch off my phone and throw it on my bed then head to have my shower. After I was done, I lock myself in my room and did not come out until Ken knocks on my door asking me to come down and have dinner. I have no appetite to eat so I just keep quiet and ignore his voice. “Yura come out and have your dinner, you need to eat something or not you will fall sick” he says but I just ignore it until he opens my room with the key and carries me down to the living room. I still do not even bother to eat when he place the food in front of me and he sighs before taking the food and feed me.

 

I do not want to take up his and my time so I let him feed me and once I am done I am just going to lock myself up in my room again. Once I was done eating he went to put the dishes away and walk back to the living room with a drink and ask me to drink and once I was done with my dinner, I just head back to my room and lock myself. I laid on my bed and cried myself to sleep, it has been a while since I cried to sleep I just could not take it anymore I am not even sure if I could endure this for long.