Chapter 9

You can't force me to marry him

 

It was already 7 in the morning when I woke up and I head to get ready for work and I will be working half a day today as I would be doing my fitting later in the afternoon and mom ask me to have my lunch and dinner with him and he will be staying over at our house since his family and mine are going to Busan for a short gateway which means he will be alone with me in my house as unnie is going for overseas meeting later at night and will only be back two days from now.

 

I will meet you at the wedding shop and I hope you won’t be late

-Ken

 

Okay, I was shocked that he text me and of course I just had to reply him a single word which is okay and that is it. I could not be bothered about it and wait for Chaelin at the living room and for once the house is peaceful and I like it this way. Once unnie was done, we board her car and head to the office straight. It took about 15 minutes drive as the was not much traffic and unnie basically was driving fast.

 

Yura ah you know you can’t be late for the fitting right?” she ask me and I nods saying I know about it before speaking something “I mean unnie I know and I won’t be late besides I don’t want to book another appointment just to fit the wedding dress since I don’t want to see his face more often” I say and she just chuckle before saying “Or you just too afraid that you would fall for him? I mean he is attractive” she says and I choke on my saliva as I could not believe that she just said that he was attractive.

 

Once we arrive at the office, unnie park her car and we went out and head straight to the meeting room and when we reach we have 10 minutes to spare and I was getting really parched and soon after gulping on my dry throat Minzy came in with Starbucks in her hands and she pass me my favourite drink, unnie and hers. I thank her, before taking a sip and got ready for the meeting.

 

The meeting last for half an hour and all we were talking about is the profit of the company and what we will be planning in the near future and I was thinking about giving it back to the needy and they agree with it and heck I even say we should a hospital and a school in those countries which is hard to get proper education and health. Unnie seems proud of me when she heard those words came out of my mouth since she was basically smiling the whole time as I was saying it.

 

Yura ah, will you be staying for a while or meeting him?” Minzy say and I look at my watch and saw that I had an hour left before meeting him and since the office to the wedding shop is quite near so I told her I will stay for a while before making a move to meet him. “Minzy ah you don’t mind doing some of my work for me today as I am able to finish some of it today and most of it need to be pass to unnie before we end work” I ask her and she nods as a saying that she will help me with it.

 

I am glad I have someone to look for when I in need up of help in this office, Minzy and me have been friends since young so she knows me well and I also know her well. I manage to complete half of my paperwork and the rest I pass it to Minzy and I feel bad for asking her to do some of my work but since she says she is fine with it.

 

I have about 15 minutes left before the time we need to be there and I hail a taxi and told the driver to go to the destination and look outside while on the journey to meet him. The driver asks if I was getting married and I say yeah I am getting married but not to a person that I fall in love with but rather a decision that has been made by my parents. When I say that then the driver finally realized he was talking the daughter of Lee Enterprise and he looks quite shocked and I say it okay you can talk to me freely beside I prefer that.

 

Miss, I am sorry I didn’t know you were the daughter of Lee’s” he say and I smile telling him it was okay “It’s okay besides I get that a lot since no one really know me well as I did not appear on media that much but I guess soon I will be appearing soon?” I questions and we both just chuckle, soon we reach the destination and I bid goodbye to him and told him to drive well and take care and pass him extra money telling him to keep the change.

 

I close the taxi door and saw Ken was waiting for me in front of the shop, I walk towards him and then went in the shop without saying hi or smile to him and he follows me behind. The salesgirl was showing me a few dresses that omma pick for me and I look at it and was amazed as the dresses are exactly like those I draw when I was younger and the colour was just perfect. I took the dresses and try it out one by one and the salesgirl was amazed at how beautiful I was in the dresses and Ken did ask if he could see it but one of them say it is best not to see it now.

 

I pick the one that I like the most and Ken went to pick his and I was busy texting unnie about my day and Minzy if she was alright doing the work on her own and she reply back saying it was fine and ask me to not to worry about it and enjoy my day with him and I scoff at that reply and was about to reply him when Mark call me.

 

Hey my princess

Hi Mark Tuan

So dress fitting today?

Yeah, and I could not believe omma found those sketches I drew back then and the dresses are exactly like those I draw in the past

You sure about that?

Yeah I am positive about it besides I have no idea how she find it

Hey, I got to go call you back later just wanted to check up on you tell me all about it when you get home

Aww, you just want to check up on me yeah sure will call you once I got home and tell you about it

 

Who was it?” Ken asked as soon as he was done with his fitting. I roll my eyes before saying “Why should I even tell you who I was talking to?” and he looks unamused by what I was saying and smile back at the salesgirl before walking out of the shop and pulling me along and push me in the passenger seat of his car. “I could go in myself” I scoff and he glared at me and I glare back “I don’t like this attitude of yours” he say and I chuckle “Well then you got to get used to it cause this is how I will be treating you” I say and he ignore me and drove to the place where we will be having our late lunch.

 

The ride to the place we are having our lunch was quite a distance and I am getting annoyed by being in the same air as him oh wait it is, even more, worst that I am in the same car as him and he is like about an arm’s length away from me. “You don’t mind eating lunch at the place I am choosing right?” he asks me and I just nods while looking in front not even bothering to look at him. He sighs then look in front back as I did not look at him as he expects me to turn to look at him when he was asking me that questions but I could not even be bothered to look at him. Yura I am sorry for what I did back then, I am truly sorry. He says in his mind before looking back in front. Soon we reach the place we are having our lunch and the place was a favourite place which I always use to go back then during high school with BTOB. It brings me memories of those days and I smile without knowing and walk into the restaurant, happy.

 

I am glad I could see your smile even if I know you would not even forgive me for what I did to you in the past. Ken say in his mind as soon as he saw Yura smiling and lock the car between following her into the restaurant.