My Close Unnies

The Balance of Fire and Water

“Oh, I was going to be angry, but I don’t think I can be anymore.”

It was that girl from before, in the locker rooms, sadly not Sana, Jihyo. Her eye glowed that blue once more, her power of x-ray I believe, but they soon left and returned back to a soft brown. She had a smirk on her face, I swear everyone here loves to smirk before doing something that I will regret, and I’ve got to remember that. She slowly took the folder from my hands, and I tried to walk away quickly to my class, after realising that my class is the other way. ‘Dammit, I thought I had these rooms down already…’ I tried to speed walk, hoping to be out of reach Jihyo who I could sense trying to follow me, but sadly she caught up to my side. “Hey wait up!” I ignored her and scanned through the doors of the classrooms, hoping to find my class. “Sorry Jihyo, I would talk but I have to find my classroom.” “You’re lost? Let me help you?” ‘… I’m actually lost… she’s right, maybe I can let her help… and then run my in the room.’

I stopped and Jihyo did too, but a step later as she smiled softly this time, no coy smirk, I think I like this better. “What room?” I quickly gave her my timetable that had all the rooms, and when she went through the list, her small smile widened much bigger as her cheeks slightly puffed up. “Ah, so your name is ___... pretty, anyways c’mon, you're in my class!” ‘Oh no.’ She grabbed my hand and ran, almost making me fall until we made it to the correct classroom apparently. So Hyeon unnie was standing by the door, causing Jihyo and I to slow down and walk ‘sensibly’ with our heads down. Unnie had her arms crossed, as if waiting for me but she greeted Jihyo first before me. “Oh, Jihyo, I see you’re helping my ___.” ‘MY___!?’ She said it as if I was her sister or girlfriend… wait… she could actually play off my sister… BUT THAT’S NOT THE POINT! “Well of course Mrs Lee, I am the school president for a reason, I should help new students no matter what. It’s very lucky that ___ is in my class though, otherwise she would still be wandering lost to find here.” She was teasing me, it wasn’t that hard to figure that out, but I had my held down, slightly embarrassed and- WAIT SHE’S PRESIDENT?! “That’s good Jihyo... I think I’ll talk to her a bit first before though, and is it okay if you lead ___ to my office during long break?” I heard unnie pause, I was slightly confused until I realised her staring down to mine and Jihyo’s hands that were still together. Jihyo must’ve noticed as well because she was the one to quickly take her hand away probably for no misunderstandings.

“O-Okay then, bye Miss, I’ll see you later for that meeting then.” Jihyo then went inside the closed classroom.

“So… ___, already got close enough to people to hold hands huh?” “U-Um unnie… I swear it’s not like that. She was telling the truth, she took my hand and we ran to class.” “If you say so, you know her power right?” I nodded no; I wanted to know more in case. “Hm… let’s just say Jihyo has very good vision. A human x-ray and can see very far and tiny objects, but she’s very sensible with her power, always helping out in the nurse’s office and helping those that are hurt. She has never used her powers for self-benefits though, I know she could easily cheat but we know she doesn’t. She’s a good person, I’m glad she’s a friend of yours.” I kept nodding throughout the conversation, maybe I took this all wrong. Maybe Jihyo is a good person… but that still doesn’t explain what she did in the locker room. “Now… want me to go in with you again like this morning or do you want to go ahead on your own? You’ll know maybe 1 or 2 other students from sports, also Cho Hee unnie teaches history in your class. Remember, only call her Ms Moon in class.”

Ms Moon, one of my other unnies like So Hyeon unnie, except she was younger, 23. When she meant how I felt, I honestly didn’t even know either. She was actually the one who took care of me in therapy, after the incident; so many times I would be sitting silently in front of her until maybe 5 or 6 times later when I said what actually happened. She also knew what happened, but more in detail than So Hyeon unnie. When So Hyeon unnie wasn’t available for me to talk to because like c’mon, she has her own life, often Cho Hee unnie (Ms Moon), what I usually call her, would be there. Seeing her in the school somehow makes me weird out, even though I know she cares about me, it’s really confusing but she’s my teacher, I guess I have no choice. Also, something to note, though So Hyeon unnie’s name is Mrs Lee at school, she’s not married, she’s divorced but she keeps her married name because another teacher has her other name so… she would actually be Ms Joo.

“Okay then unnie, but why did you want Jihyo to take me to your office?” “You’ll see baby…” ‘Baby? I haven’t heard that name in a while.’ When So Hyeon unnie and I used to ‘hang’ before that incident, she would always call me pet names, well actually just baby, she said it was because I was like the daughter that she never had. I was silently hoping to hug her again, but from the recall of what happened in the morning, I decided not to. Except unnie decided to pull me by the hand and give me a tight hug that I really needed. Her heels caused a height difference, so my head rested under her chin as her arms circled around my upper back. She was like my sister, the second mom I needed that could take care of me. Mom at home rarely does anything, she’s actually still held up by what happened last year, but she tries to act okay around me. “Go in then, I think you’ll be fine now.” She gave me 2 pats before pulling me out of the hug, as I looked at her and said “Okay unnie… I’ll go in now.” (A/N If you are wondering about what bag you/this person has, it’s those shoulder strap bags things… so no backpack, just a strap that goes around your body thing so it’s like it’s not there except for that occasional swing.)

I knocked on the door twice (A/N I didn’t mean it like that I swear.) and peeked my head in before fully entering the class room. “Oh? ___, is that you?” It was Cho Hee unnie, but I recalled I had to call her Ms Moon. “Yes Ms Moon.” I gave her that knowing look of ‘What do I do? Help me…’ as I went to the front. ‘Stern, be stern.’ I remembered what my first impression had to be, don’t mess with me, you won’t like it. I did exactly what I did this morning, cold sharp face, no smile or happiness present as I scanned the class. I saw a space in the back of the room, probably where I would sit, but I tensed when I saw whose tables were joined there. Unnie came to my side, placing her hand on my shoulder furthest away from her as she looked down, because of heels, and gave me a small smile and nodded. “Alright girls, we have a new student joining this History class, please listen to her.” She left my side and went back to the board she was writing on before. “Hello, my name is ___, please take care of me.” I ended it with a bow, just like the other class, in fact, everything was identical, my face, impression, introduction, voice, it had to be perfect though. “It seems like there’s a spot in between those two at the back, go ahead and sit there ___.” I really wished that Ms Moon didn’t say that, but I bit my lip at the sight of my ‘seat mates’ and slowly trudged my way over there. It was quiet, so I started to write the notes that Ms Moon wrote on the board.

40 mins later ~

I felt like melting myself in the seat when they started talking.

“So ___... where did you go last period? I really wanted to talk to you.” I sat down, back up and straight so that I wouldn’t slouch as I kept writing down the notes. I tried to ignore her but with the position of her on her elbow like Momo before; she took up 1/3 of my peripheral vision. “I got bored so I just went to the locker rooms, sorry.” I turned my whole body, answering Mina for a brief second when I answered but returned to gluing my eyes on the board in front of me. “But how…?” The faint whisper made me remember that Jihyo was on the other side. I turned around to her, now my back to Mina as Jihyo’s eyes were glowing their light blue, meaning she was using her powers. She was staring at me in the eye as they faded back to their normal soft dark brown. “What?” I pretended that I didn’t hear what she mumbled and she gave me a quick “Nothing.” in return. I went back to writing when she didn’t want to say what she was saying since she just kept looking me in the eye as I did to her. We kept the gaze for a while, and I found myself drowning in her cute awe-stricken face but went back to writing what was on the board. I only had 1 sentence left before finishing, but when I finished, I took my hands and placed them under the desk on my lap, just sitting there. They were both propped on their elbows, Mina on the left while Jihyo was on the right. Jihyo still had her face shocked or whatever whereas Mina was now giving me a small smile, a kind one this time. It was really weird, I didn’t want to make eye contact with anyone so I just sat there, reading what I wrote in my book.

“___, can you come outside please? I would just like to know how you're taking class right now.” Ms Moon suddenly called me, and in less than a second, the two girls went back to writing and copying the board, it was like they were never even talking to me. Looking to my left, Mina looked so pretty, her intense concentration showing as she looked like she was reading the things in her book while mouthing them. It’s probably because she came from Japan, so like an international student I guess, oh wait, does that even work in this type of school? Her eyebrows were furrowed as she kept glancing from the board, to her book, to the board and so forth. I got up slowly and turned my attention to Jihyo on my right. She looked much different, just a straight face while reading her book, no movement except for her eyes scanning the page that was filled with neat writing. She looked so calm; it made her look bubbly if it weren’t for what she was doing literally 1 second ago. I quickly made my way to the door where I could see Ms Moon waiting for me outside, before I went through the doorway I turned around to see Mina giving me a small smile whereas Jihyo have a small wave. ‘Do they have a switch or something? Because I wish I could control it and tape it to this setting I swear to god.’ I then stepped out as Ms Moon waited for me.

“So… are you okay with what you're learning?” I kept my head down, faintly nodding but it was barely visible. “It’s okay if you want to call me unnie here.” I played with my fingers, pinching and poking the skin of my hand as I tried to figure out what to reply back to her. Her hands then joined mine as she rubbed the back softly with her thumb. “It’s okay ___, unnie is here you know.” I looked up at her, biting my lips as she looked at me worryingly due to the lack of response. “I-I’m fine here unnie, I’m glad you're one of my teachers though.” “I’m glad too ___. Promise you’ll tell me or So Hyeon unnie if something bad happens?” I nodded softly as she gave me a small smile. “Okay then, let’s go back in if we’re good then.”

We went in, me first, quickly heading back to my seat as unnie went to the front of the class and announced “Okay girls, if you guys are done writing on the board then pack up and you have free time.” I could feel 2 pairs of eyes watching my every move as I put my book and stuff back in my bag. Once my bag was packed I remembered how I had to go to So Hyeon unnie’s but Sana wanted me to eat with her. I turned my head to Mina as she was packing her book away as well. “Hey Mina?” “Y-Yes?” ‘She’s stuttering, why is she stuttering?’ “Can you tell Sana and Momo that I can’t eat with you three?” I could see a slight pout on her face, it was faint but it made her look so cute. “Why? You don’t want to eat with us? Is it because of what I did last class? If it was then I’m sorry and-” “Mina calm down, honestly I had already forgotten about what happened. It’s because I have to go somewhere with Jihyo.” The way she started panicking and fussing over how she messed up with me was hilarious, but I knew she wouldn’t stop till I said it was okay. “Where?” “Just to So… I mean Mrs Lee’s office. Yeah, Mrs Lee. But I’m sure I’ll be in and out quickly so don’t worry.” I quickly turned my head to the board and tried to make my little mistake seem natural. Mina seemed to buy it since she just said a small “Okay.” but I could see Jihyo eyeing me suspiciously. She looked like she was going to say something but was interrupted by the bell.

So.... I PROMISED YOU GUYS IM COMING SO HERE IT IT! I'm still introducing everyone so yeah. This first day for the oc is actually very long tbh, but the next chapter is the last one of that day and then there's a time skip to maybe a few days later or something, I'm still not exactly sure but I hope this is okay for now.