Random Feelings Explained

The Balance of Fire and Water

“Give me a kiss.”

She leaned forward, I couldn’t move at all, I was worried but this ‘enticing’ girl in front of me was starting to send them all the way. I could feel the heat in my legs increasing, telling me to run away (continue from last chapter) but I just couldn’t. Her hand went and cupped my chin, bringing it slightly forward as she brought her other hand and made a twirling action in front of my face. “You took quite a while… Interesting…” She chuckled as she eyed me, as I did of her face, but my eyes started to trail to her finger. I kept watching that lone finger, twirling and twirling till my eyes started to haze, my mind getting dizzy as my head started to move in the same motion as her finger.

“No games today since you guys want to… meet the new girl.” It was faint but I managed to hear the teacher mumble something along those words as her retreating footsteps left the gymnasium. Her hand on my chin was pulling me closer as her other hand went down to her side; she was very slowly pulling me towards her head, face, lips. She tilted her face as our noses almost touched, and just as our lips were about to touch, centimetres apart, I was silently praying in my head for myself to move. I was clenching my fists hard; I couldn’t move anything besides my fingers, as I was praying for some sort of motion to move me away from this beautiful girl.

 Apparently god heard my prayers.

The burning in my legs suddenly rushed all over my body before dissipating into nothing, causing me to get up and jump backwards about 3 metres away from the girl I was about to kiss. The haze in my eyes started to leave due to my water powers as small laughter filled the room.

“Yah Mina… What a first impression on the new girl haha.” ‘Mina?’

“Haha I heard Ms Lee said to be slow with her in morning class… you forgot didn’t you Mina.” ‘SHE WAS IN THAT CLASS?!’

The girl I was about to kiss, Mina, looked at me with a smirk on her face as she chuckled once more.

“What? I reckon she would’ve liked it if she didn’t break away, which I’m very curious as to how she did by the way.” She stood up, and started to close the gap between us, to which I stepped backwards at her each step. “___, wasn’t it?” “I-I… We were g-gonna-EEEK!” A force suddenly jumped on my back, causing me to jump in the air. “Yah ___, what did I miss?” Relief washed over me when I heard Momo’s voice behind me, meaning that she was back hugging me at the moment. I opened my mouth to answer, but Mina seemed to beat me to it… sadly I think. “Oh… we were just talking… right?” I could feel anger seep from Momo as we heard Mina’s response followed by a few “Oh they talked alright.” And chuckles from the other girls. Momo suddenly left your back as she swiftly ran up to Mina with her super speed. They were really close; Mina didn’t flinch whereas Momo had an angry expression on her face, the same one she had with that Jihyo girl. “You didn’t do anything right? You tend to use hypnosis a little too much to your benefits…” That voice… it sent chills down my spine as Mina just continued smirking; something that sent was making me weak… literally. ‘Hypnosis, damn this school has a variety. First speed, x-ray vision, and now someone can hypnotise you to kiss them…’ “Hey, you’re one of my best friends… I would never.” BEST FRIENDS?! “You told me to take care of her, and I did.” I was bewildered, they were best friends? And apparently she took care of me? Surely Momo wouldn’t believe that because of how panicked I looked. Momo let out a breath of relief as a smile erupted across her face, placing her hands on Mina’s shoulders. “Okay good, I’ve already had Jihyo… I don’t know how to say it…”

‘Never mind…’

I really didn’t want to hear the rest of their little conversation, slowly backing out of the room until once of the girls suddenly saw, great. “Hey, where’s ___ going?” Reasons… reasons… REASONS!!! Everyone’s heads suddenly snapped towards me as I shyly answered. “Oh… just going to the bathroom.” I was stepping backwards as Momo just nodded before everyone went back to their little talks. As soon as I was out of sight, I ran my way to the locker rooms, hoping to somehow calm myself of what just happened in the last 10 mins.

I had to take a few ways since I got lost but I managed to run into the locker rooms, slamming the door open as I ran to the bench in front of the door and sat myself down. I played with my fingers on my lap, just going through today’s events. ‘Oh my god, I was totally meant to look stern today, but now I look so vulnerable, how could I let myself do this? First I like somehow held a gaze with Momo, that was weird but I didn’t mind it, her eyes are actually really nice. Then Jihyo came in and was looking all over my body, and that was apparently a shock to everyone. And then Mina was literally about to take my first-’

‘BANG’

My head snapped to the door that suddenly slammed open and hit the wall loudly, but no one was there. ‘What the…’ The door wasn’t closing, it just remained open, buy that’s impossible since its one of those doors you have to hold open physically so it doesn’t close. ‘Wait a minute…’ Something didn’t feel right… extremely off. The door then suddenly closed but slowly because of the hinges or whatever, it was those annoying doors but was great for privacy. “Hello?” I called out, but no response. When I meant something felt off, it was extremely off. It was as if someone was there since the heat in the room to me was spiking, as if someone was angry, but I could see no one was here. I got off the bench and went to the door, inspecting how it would’ve opened, and what that fire feeing was. I opened the door only for a slit so that I could peek out in case someone outside was mad, but no one was there either. I left the door and slowly scanned al the cubicles, someone could be hiding in there, but again nothing. I found something fascinating though, when I walked towards the cubicles, the heat was much lower than when I was sitting, also when I went to the door. I started to slowly walk around the seat I was on, and it was getting warmer, warmer, but suddenly colder. I was about to turn the corner of the bench but it was getting colder. I moved back and forward in those two steps, but I tripped slightly and leaned towards the lockers, warmer. Curiosity was getting the better of me when I was walking towards the corner of the locker room, and it was getting warmer, but I stopped when it got hot to a point of me almost casting my water abilities. I was starting to sweat, even with the tiles in here making the room very cold.

“H-How?”

My body tensed when I heard a small voice come from in front of me. “I-Is someone there?” I stuttered out, the voice was definitely a girls’, but the fact that nothing was there, but someone was talking was making me scared as hell. “Y-Yes…”  This voice was much higher than everyone’s I met… heard today, and quiet, but it wasn’t mad, it seemed teary. My eyes widened when suddenly a girl appeared at the bottom of the corner, not that far from me, her face was red, her hair long and brown with a light fade at the bottom. My heart ached at the sight, and my widened eyes went normal since I didn’t want to show a bad reaction, I know that it can happen personally. My knees hit the cold hard floor as I knelt down in front of the girl who was hugging her knees as she looked at me with what seemed like fiery eyes. She looked just like me after a few therapy sessions from last years’ thing, but I don’t think anybody had faced anything as bad as what I went through with the bad things I did, but I don’t know if I regret them, it’s an on and off.

I wanted to reach out to this girl, who I literally just met, to touch her, hold her, hug her, but I just met her, I don’t think that would be appropriate, especially if she looks very angry, but her anger soon turned into sadness, then confusion. “H-How did you know I w-was here? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you here either.” She had a valid question; she was very quiet when she came in except for the door. My face still remained expressionless but I tried to give a small smile to make her feel better. “I’m new, just started today and my powers showed me… they’re very complicated, but I ca show you if that’s okay… may I?” I gestured with 2 hands for hers, hoping that my touch with water will calm down her state. I watched as she shakily gave me her hands, mind you I was still sweating like crazy down my back even with my powers, damn these powers are weird. Her hands seemed warm and soft, and her short panicking breaths extended to long calm ones. Her eyes were closed as her hot flushed face was already starting to fade to what seems like her normal skin tone, my powers worked quick. “You okay now?” She nodded as her head rested against the wall. “I may not know you, but sometimes it’s nice to talk to someone who knows nothing, I can tell you it worked for me some time ago.” Her eyes opened t my words as she faced me while I continued giving a small smile, her eyes glued onto mine as I’m sure she could see my pain like Momo did before.

Her grip on my hands changed from a hand on each to both of hers holding one of mine. I figured she was calm now so I moved that hand back and rubbed my thumb over the top of her hand softly.

“S-Sana…” “Hmm?” “My name is Sana. And yours?” ‘Sana, cute name.’ “___, what happened that you were practically making my body heat up?” The small talk seemed to make her laugh as a big smile left her face, her eyes less puffy as they went smaller for her smile. Her hands left mine as she wiped away the tear that was on the verge of falling down, but I wanted to keep holding her hands to be honest, they were nice to hold. “It’s nothing, just wanted to vent out but I reckon you’re much better.” A small laugh left her as my small smile widened at her comment. “Anyways, why are you here ___? I thought it was still class?” She looked at me questioningly. “Oh, I guess it’s like you, I just wanted to calm down, and my first day here’s been weird.” “Ooh a story, let’s listen.” ‘This girl… excitement courses through her, way more than the others.’ “Well, first off, I was in my first class, and I met Momo, first friend, very nice and-” “Did she take your food?” ‘What?’ I was confused, very confused. “Oh, it’s just that Momo always steals my food and Mina’s… wait… Were you the reason why she couldn’t come to first break?!” You only nodded, still confused. “Wait, you know Momo and Mina?” “Oh yeah, us 3 are always together, ever since we moved from Japan and-” “YOU GUYS ARE FROM JAPAN?!”  I suddenly went loud, shocked with the fact that they all knew each other, and I met them all VERY differently, coincidentally. “Oh… Momo didn’t say?” She suddenly gasped as she covered with her hand as she said something under her breath. “Damn… she’s gonna regret not showing a cutie like you…” I was shocked with what she said, but played off not hearing her and said “What was that?” “Oh? Nothing.” ‘Hmm… suspicious.’ “Anyways, and then I came in here when class started, and this Jihyo girl just kept staring at me but I couldn’t care less until Momo said why, I was shocked, but still didn’t care. Anyways, then I went to class and-” I stopped myself when I realised that if Sana knew what Mina did, she would majorly freak. Even if we only just met, I can tell she’ll be mad since it’s her friend. “A-and then I came here because I’m still not used to the idea of a school filled with girl’s that have powers as well so here I am.” “Wow, and you’ve got like 5 hours of school left… do you regret coming here and meeting me though?” ‘Do I?’I shook my head no as Sana had her excited smile back but her eyes weren’t small, big with excitement once more. “Really?! That’s good.”

1 hour later ~

We ended up talking that whole time, laughing over random things that happened to her as we both talked about our powers in full detail. So turns out, Sana has the power of invisibility, which made sense because of the door slamming and how she faded ‘back into reality’ is what I call it. In return, I gave her the full details of my powers, as in how they worked, what they can do and how I figured Sana was in the room. So after talks, the bell decided to interrupt our long conversation, but she ended it with a “Hey, let’s meet during next break yeah? Since you know Momo and Mina.” I nodded before we went our separate ways.

I was walking through the busy corridors of the school as everyone was going to their next class. This school timetable was really weird. 4 classes in one day, but it was 1 class, small break, 2 classes, big break and then we all go home. Weird right? I had never gone to a school like that, and it made my own timings weirded out since my last school had 2 classes in the morning, so 5 in a day. Anyways, I’m headed to my 3rd class of the day before lunch break, heading to Maths. I had history in the morning with Momo, and then PE with Momo and Mina, and now going to History if anybody cares. Luckily when I got lost before, I learnt more about the school hallways so now I can head to class fine. Actually, almost fine, I bumped into someone right when everyone cleared out of the way. Their folder dropped to the ground and I immediately started apologising while going down and picking up the folder. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t meant to bump into you and-” I froze, half bent on the spot while holding out folder to give it to them when I realised who I bumped into.

“Oh, I was going to be angry, but I don’t think I can be anymore.”

 

 

Hey guys, I’m really really really really sorry about not updating when I promised I would. But I hope to make it up to you with some speed writing since ideas are hitting me from every direction. So in short, I have like 2 chapters prepared and editing already so…. Enjoy!!!