Rumour

You're My Doctor

This feels so awkward and I honestly don't know where I'm going with this but I'm going and wanted to update so here it goes

 

------------------------

 

 

After negotiating with the two men again and not getting anywhere, Yixing was left alone once again in his clinic with just a promise to see them again in one week's time.His body started to remember all the exhaustion and overwork all at the same time, his eyelids suddenly heavy and his limbs numb, sign that he should go to bed soon, his body no longer holding out.
After putting up the closed sign again, he took his blanket and pillow, collapsing in a clean bed, not bothering to change out of his clothes, not finding the energy to do so, pretty much fainting on the spot.


***
A week has gone surprisingly fast and besides the few items missing from the inventory, there was no evidence of the men ever setting foot into the practice. But with the amount of work they've had the last few days, it was easy for the doctor to distract himself from thinking of the two, especially of the demanding set of dark eyes that have been fixating him with such great interest and emotion just a few days prior.

However, it wasn't completely uneventful. Multiple people saw the little parade Joonmyun displayed last time he was there, thing that obviously led to gossiping, as this was the kind of neighbourhood where everyone knows everything that happens on a 5km radius in the shortest time possible. The stares he received and hushed conversations that sparked whenever he made an appearance made him dread the rumours that must have been circulating the area.

Once when Yixing was doing his groceries, he overheard two women not so subtly talking about him and the things he found out weren't pretty.Apparently, he was involved in organ trafficking and was some gang's supplier and apparently he was also sleeping with the boss of the said gang and apparently, he is a high end e that received the building of his practice as a reward from his sugar daddy.

He couldn't stomach any more of the conversation as he quickly took his leave, alreting the women in his rush, making them halt the conversation in shock of being heard.The Doctor felt sick and wanted to throw up, bitterness filling his mouth at the new found information, anger filling his vision directed at the dark eyed man that is beginning to destroy his reputation.

 

 

***

 


The morning in which 7 days finally passed, Yixing arrived at the clinic surprisingly early, just in case they actually came in for treatment, dreading the possibility of Minseok meeting the men, when he still doesn't know how to explain all this. Plus, he didn't think he could explain himself trying to beat the living lights out of a mafia boss either. As the minutes went by, the back of the Doctor's head prickled with anticipation, nervousness mixed with his annoyance and anger.


He wished the two forgot about the ordeal altogether and just made use of their personal doctor, leaving him alone, but a nagging feeling kept him on his toes, jumping at every client coming through his door.


As Sehun and Joonmyun never made an appearance, Yixing let himself focus on work and forget the whole situation altogether, finishing his tasks half an hour before closing time, a rare occurrence for him in the past few months. Gathering his things and preparing to close the place down, he killed the lights, locked the door and tightened his coat around him to shield himself from the wind, his mouth releasing a relieved sigh as he didn't see anyone suspicious outside. Quickening his pace,he was eager to get out of there as soon as possible.


He hoped Sehun was following his directions, but in all honesty Yixing also hoped they would just forget about him entirely or just leave him alone and maybe update him with a text on Sehun's progress from time to time. The Doctor's wishes weren't granted however as a familiar deep voice called out not too far behind him, halting his steps, making him hesitantly turn towards the source, dreading being right in his assumption of the caller's identity. But as always, he was out of luck as he saw the signature wide flirty smile and dark eyes directed at him, making him feel as if he was caught running away, not that he didn't want to in this situation.

 "Where's the fire Doctor? Have you forgotten about our appointment already?" said Joonmyun, not moving from his position in front of his black car with tinted windows, waiting for a response from the latter.


Starting with a nervous laugh, Yixing turned fully, hands hidden deeply into his coat's pockets to keep him from fidgeting.


"O-Of course not, I haven't gotten a confirmation of the appointment so I figured you've found someone else to do the job and forgot to contact me." the Doctor shrugged, trying to be nonchalant about the situation but his stuttering words and rushed words didn't aid him in his efforts.  

"That's weird, I vividly remember confirming that I would be here in exactly one week to have Sehun checked up on."

"Saying 'I will come back in 7 days' is hardly an appointment Mr. Joonmyun." Yixing air-quoted, his pent up anger surfacing despite his uneasiness under the other's gaze, raising an eyebrow in challenge. "Normal people confirm a day and time they would be meeting one another. Just mentioning a day is far too vague and I have other things to do other than waiting for you to come by whenever you feel like it during the day." He continued, annoyance seeping into his tone.

"We'll make sure to mention the time as well from now on." The older said, not missing a beat, seemingly unbothered by the younger's foul mood. "Would you still consider checking up on him now?"

Yixing glanced at the car behind the man , assuming that Sehun was inside, then back at the man, sighing as he walked back towards the clinic, making sure to keep his distance as he passed Joonmyun, mumbling something about coming in.

As he fumbled with the lock, he glanced behind him and saw Sehun using crutches, but also being guided by a man in a suit and Joonmyun observing the Doctor's every move with an intrusive stare, making him tighten the coat around him instinctively in an attempt to hide himself. Something about the man made him feel vulnerable and exposed, but he couldn't say just what did. 

Just as he unlocked the door, they were climbing the stairs, so he held the door open for them to enter, ing his coat in the process. After he placed his scarf and coat back on the hanger, he made his way to his office, unlocking it as well, blatantly ignoring the guests. He was making his unwillingness to be there evident.

"Seeing as you're pretty hung up on the idea of me overlooking Sehun's recovery, is it safe to assume I won't be able to convince you otherwise?" He asked Joonmyun as the two entered, the guard no longer in sight. 


"I stand by my words, Doctor. We would like to continue with you."

"And if I don't want to?"

"We'll make sure to find a way to convince you to."


"Well, isn't that lovely?"he asked more to himself, sarcasm deeply latched in his tone.

"Is something the matter Doctor? You weren't so against the idea last time we visited." Sehun spoke for the first time that night, seeing the change in the Doctor's attitude from unsure to completely against it.


"I'd tell you how I really feel, but I wasn't born with enough middle fingers to express myself in this case. And I'm not really one to use middle fingers in a social setting so... Let's not open the topic. Anyway, seeing as you're already here, I will have a look at you, but this is the last time. I don't want you two around here again." His clipped tone signalled finality and Sehun galnced at his superior with questioning eyes, not knowing what to do."Ok, now that that's over with, I will have you step out of the room and Sehun please undress." the man continued, not giving them the time to think up a plan.

"He can stay I don't mind`" Sehun said, glancing at Joonmyun, almost as if he was reading his mind when he tensed at the words.


"If you say so... Shirt off please. I need to check your ribs and shoulder." He did as he was told, being careful with his injuries, sitting on the white bed when Yixing motioned for him to.

 "Could we ask what made you come to that decision?"Sehun tried as the man walked around the office,getting what he needed and gathering the items on the tray beside the patient's bed.

"No."

"It would really help us understand why you're refusing us and if the reason is good enough, we'll respect your decision." Joonmyun spoke up, not moving from his spot by the far wall, arms crossed in front of his chest.With an untrusting glance toward the man, Yixing returned to his job, his eyebrows together in thought.

 "In this neighbourhood reputation is everything, especially in my line of work. Who would trust a doctor with a bad reputation? Your little entrance yesterday made the people talk and rumors have already spread. Nasty ones at that." He said the last part more to himself, but Sehun seemed to have heard, making him search the Doctor's face for an answer.

"What kind of rumours?" Sehun said, not finding his answer on his own.

"That's none of your bussiness, really. All you need to know is that I don't appreciate that kind of publicity, which led to me refusing you."

"You made it our bussiness the moment you opened the topic, now what are they saying?"Joonmyun stepped closer, an assertive tone to his voice, his eyes serious as he made eye contact. Sighing, Yixing averted his gaze, looking at the bruised ribs in front of him instead.

"The ladies in this district are very creative when they come up with their theories and now they're stuck between thinking I'm either a high end e with a sugar daddy or the mafia's illegal organ supplier."he said easily, but still made the men's heads snap up, not believing their ears. "Yeah, pretty much." he continued with a shrug, replying to their unvoiced questions.

"Excuse me for a moment" Joonmyun said, taking his phone out as he exited the office, making Yixing groan and facepalm.

"He's going to try to solve this issue, isn't he?"he air-quoted, asking the remaning man in the room, which nodded with a small smile. "Ugh. Someone shoot me please." he murmured, catching Sehun's attention. "Not you. Don't shoot me, I'm joking. I like living." he clearified, making the man laugh, but he quickly stopped as his ribs were in the way.