Sleepless Noodle Shopping

You're My Doctor

Yixing slid his glasses off the bridge of his nose and with two long fingers he started rubbing the sore spot, feeling the grooves left behind by the plastic,then letting out a long sigh.

 

 

 

He had his private clinic located in a relatively secluded part of the city, but now that he gained popularity, his days off and leisure time are just good memories to him. They didn’t have extraordinarily many clients, but due to the lack of staff, he ended up being the one in charge of the paper work, cleaning, scheduling appointments and all that stuff, resulting in very little time for himself, but he didn't complain much, as there was no one waiting for him at home and no lover or actual friends to meet.

 

 

 

Since starting his practice, he barely had any time to socialise and grew apart from the few friends he did have. The only one he still converses with is Minseok, the intern with which he goes out for a drink from time to time. Minseok is a really talented individual and if not for the mandatory time period for internship, he would have had started his own practice over a year ago.

 

 

 

Speaking of Minseok, a curt knock came from the other side of the door and without waiting for a reply, his blonde head poked through, a wide smile taking over his features, Yixing trying to give one back, but it felt tight around the edges, no longer able to muster much of an emotion in his sleep deprived, hungry state.

 

 

 

"Ready to close up and hit the bars?" He asks hopefully, sitting half into his office, his other half still behind the door,ready to go.

 

 

 

"Sorry Seok, have some files to sign and put away and it might take a while. Maybe next time" He said regretfully, tiredness lacing his voice as his body slumped even more with his sigh.

 

 

 

"Ok, Doctor... Just take care of yourself, ok? You look way too pale for my liking" He replied back, his tone light, being used to his senior's lack of common sense when it comes to his own health. Seok often scolded him for not refusing any patients and overexerting himself as he tended to each one of them, sometimes not even charging them anything above the cost of the materials used, but Yixing couldn't help it as he couldn't refuse someone needing his help.

 

 

 

Pouting slightly, he says his goodbyes and leaves the premises, leaving the man to his work and with yet another sigh, he grabs his pen and starts signing away, eager to get it done with.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

As the doctor put away the last document and slumped back into his chair, a glance at the clock which reads a couple minutes past 3 in the morning, making him groan and wash a hand over his face in frustration.

 

 

 

"Great, another night spent at the office" He mumbles bitterly as he gets up to get the blanket and pillow from his small closet, already used to sleeping on one of the many beds of his practice, but desperately wanting to sleep in a real bed for once.

 

His bed.

 

Grunting in disapproval at his extremely sore back and neck as he laid down on the stark white sheets, a growling sound echoes through his body, making him close his eyes thightly, heaving a sigh as he rises again, grabbing his coat and shoes as he heads for the door, knowing he won't be able to sleep on an empty stomach as he, for the past few days ingested only coffee, wine and maybe a few biscuits here and there, courtesy to Minseok's baking skills.

 

 

 

Locking the clinic behind him, he doesn't bother killing the lights as the convenience store was barely 3 minutes away on foot.

 

 

 

He looks either side as he ventures on the street, slightly wary of the eery feeling the night in this neighbourhood has, burying his hands deep into his pockets, long and fast strides guiding him to his destination.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

He might have gone a little bit overboard, but Yixing was a er for sales and he wouldn't mind stocking up his instant noodles so that he doesn't have to make such late night trips into the near future, so he doesn't mind his bag full of only noodles and a bottle of soy sauce.

 

 

 

Rounding the corner, he caught movement from the corner of his eye and barely saw around three figures lurking by the dark alley, looking dangerously close to spotting him, that's when he quickened his pace, but his step faltered when he heard a heartwreching clipped scream come from their particular direction, his own heart twisting at the sound, his legs only working harder, shy of full on running, the man's scream echoing in his head , a small curse slipping his lips as he got out his keys, opening the door, almost falling inside in his hurry.

 

 

 

He started rummaging through his drawers, putting together a first aid kit as he breathed labourly from his short jog, his body terribly unused to the exercise, but as soon as he was done, he ran out into the street, heading for the area he saw the scene, slowing his steps as he neared, tried not to make himself seen or his steps heared.

 

 

 

The doctor approached the alley carefully, his ears oversensitive to any sound thanks to the adrenaline and he prayed that the attackers left already as he had almost no means of protecting himself or the man other than some lanky arms with some left over muscle from when he played basketball in university.

 

 

 

The fact that he has never been in an actual fight before didn't help the situation either but he hoped for the best as he arrived at his destination, listening intently for any sounds, met only by a short painful cough as he did so, his brain automatically diagnosing a few broken ribs.

 

 

 

As he peeked into the alley, he let out a relieved breath when he saw no sign of the aggressors, stepping out towards the man, slowly, hands where he can see them ,trying to prove he means no harm.

 

 

 

"Hello..." the doctor started softly, seeing the man's head jerk into his direction, not fully rising his head.

 

 

 

Responsive, still awake, probability of a concussion, judging from the blood trailing past his long eyebrow, a glare in his unfocused eyes as he tries to intimidate Yixing.

 

 

 

Not faltering, he took one more step forwards, his eyes roaming the tall man, propped with his back on the cold concrete wall, the little light peeking through from the street lights not helping his vision much.

 

 

 

"I am a trained medical professional, my name is Yixing Zhang and I have a clinic close by..." The man started, slowly but surely, closing the distance between the guarded almost snarling man and himself.

 

 

 

"And I want to take you there for treatment. What is your name?" the doctor cotinued as he finally stood in front of the man, squatting to his level, eyeballing his injuries , then gently starting a manual examination, a big hand clasping around his wrist as he hesitantly probed the already tender skin around the chest area, stopping him from going any further. A sharp, glare met Yixing's rised eyebrow in challenge, but the grip didn't loosen.

 

 

 

"At least three broken ribs, one almost puncturing the lung, a sprained ankle possibly worse, a bleeding concussion, unfocused vision and dislodged shoulder, do you really want to glare at me like that? I'm guessing not." The doctor said, not in the mood for opposition from this particular patient, already putting his bag down, getting to work.

 

 

 

"I'll stabilise you and try to get you to the clinic in one piece." He informed, shaking off the gradually slackening hand on his wrist, making it fall limp to the ground, the man's eyes losing the little focus he head, closing them, only to be met by a gentle but firm slap to the cheek.

 

 

 

"Stay awake or you won't wake up again: concussion." Met with a grunt, Yixing swiftly grabbed the man's arm by the bicep and shoulder, putting his bones back in position without warning, rewarded with a sharp yell in pain from the patient and a powerless shove that barely unbalanced the doctor, but the annoyed and pained expression on the man's face said enough to understand his feelings. "Shouldn't you have warned me or something?" He says between breaths, coming back to his senses slightly, from the sharp pain lingering in his left arm. Taking out a gauze, he puts it in the man's palm and guides it to his right temple, pressing slightly,ignoring his inquiry.

 

 

 

"Keep that here until we get there and try not to take very deep breaths as I don't know how close to puncturing your lung you are." The doctor put his stuff back, placed the bag on his shoulder and tried to lift the man, but after getting him up halfway, he felt his arms giving out, but he got last minute help as the male tried standing on his own, taking some of the pressure off of Yixing's body, slowly walking towards the clinic without much protest.

 

 

 

"You've yet to tell me your name, you know?" The doctor tries, an attempt to keep him awake, seeing as he's drifting into uncounciousness dangerously fast. A murmur comes from his mouth, intelligible words coming out.

 

 

 

"Can you repeat that? What's your name?"

 

 

 

"...Sehun..." the man repeated with a clipped tone, his brows knotting in annoyance.

 

 

 

"Well... Nice to meet you Sehun." I guess.