Fifteen

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: My writing is really rusty therefore terrible, so consider yourself warned!

-----

 

At seven in the evening on Christmas Eve, the streets were mostly abandoned. The softly falling snow accompanied by the illuminating glow of the Christmas lights made for a breathtaking sight.

A taxi pulled up in front of Starry Night Cafe. Luhan carefully climbed his way out and immediately hid his face in the warmth of his oversized scarf so that only his watery doe eyes could be visible.

Chanyeol's parents were in town for the week and they were taking Tao over for Christmas dinner. If not for Baekhyun's vague emergency call, Luhan would still be in the comfort of his bed, watching movies.

"E-exactly what am I looking for again?" He muttered through chattering teeth into his phone as he juggled with the keys.

"Uh..." There was a hesitant pause on the other end. "Oh, um, Chanyeol's worried he might have forgotten to turn off one of the taps in the kitchen."

After gaining entrance, he was struck with awe. Across the door stood a six foot tall white Christmas tree. White lights in the shape of snowflakes decorated the walls. From the ceiling hung various sizes of star shaped lights. Situated beneath the lights was an elongated table with three lavender scented candles along the middle. A calming piano piece was playing in the background. Although simple, Luhan had been astonished by the elegant transformation.

"B-Baek, what's going on?" He fumbled to formulate the proper words. Certainly they had decorated for Christmas, but the decor and set up in front of him was different from that in his memory.

Baekhyun chuckled as he imagined the priceless expression of his best friend. "Merry Christmas my precious Luhannie! You can thank me later." He ended the call with an over-exaggerated kiss.

A figure donned in a black tuxedo walked out from the kitchen carrying a bouquet of roses.

"Suho." Luhan gaped, eyes widening in disbelief.

Suho smiled and handed the bouquet to Luhan before gesturing him to sit in the chair pulled out for him.

The former then excused himself before disappearing behind the kitchen doors. Moments later he came back in balancing two plates, one which he placed in front of Luhan.

Finally, Suho settled himself comfortably in the seat across from the brunette. "I hope the food is to your liking. I consulted with Yixing beforehand so it's fine for you and Hunnie." He was suddenly feeling antsy as the other had not uttered a single word since he appeared.

Still dumbstruck about the whole situation, all Luhan managed to do was nod. "Thank you." He tried to masquerade his worry and shock underneath his polite tone.

Luhan hadn't intended on being rude, but while Suho was attempting to make conversation, he was occupied with his own thoughts.

He was adamant that Baekhyun was behaving strangely earlier. If he had only trusted his gut or taken the time to analyze the situation, he would have avoided this awkwardness. He sincerely liked and was very appreciative of Suho. During the past month the latter had become a great friend, but that's all they would ever be; friends.

"Luhan?" Suho's concerned voice pulled him out of his daze.

"H-huh?"

Suho noticed Luhan had barely touched his food. "It's okay if you don't like the food, I can go and make you something else..." He trailed off as realization struck him. "Are you not feeling well? Let's go to the hospital!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter