Chapter 5

My teen crush on you

 

“Let’s go change.” Ryeowook said a few days later, after chemistry lesson. “We have P.E next.” He added as he dragged Jaejoong out from the classroom. Changmin’s and Kyuhyun’s gaze followed them, then both catch up to them. After that incident with paper conversation, four of them started to hang out a lot. They would do projects together, eat together and help each other studding.

As they reached their lockers, they started to change clothes. Changmin with all his might tried not to peek at Jaejoong, who shamelessly would steal glances at Changmin.

“Don’t peek.” Ryeowook glared at Kyuhyun, whose locker was next to his. And who would look at Ryeowook’s body.

“I do not!” Kyuhyun lied as he ogled Ryeowook’s body. Ryeowook chuckled and shook his head, then look at Kyuhyun’s body.

“How you would feel if I look at you like you look at me?” Kyuhyun’s cheeks heat up and he gulped shyly. Ryeowook’s eyes darken as he went closer to Kyuhyun. They closeness made Kyuhyun’s head dizzy. Ryeowook wasn’t in different condition. In the back of Kyu’s head some stupid idea come out and before he would stop himself, he reached and touched Ryeowook’s chest. He spread his hand, looking at the smooth chest, trying to memorize it. He wanted to touch Ryeowook after the first time he saw him. He felt that weird attraction towards the other man. He couldn’t figure it out what feeling it was yet. Something deep down was telling his one feeling, but he just couldn’t believe it.

“YAH!” Ryeowook yelled, as he slapped Kyuhyun’s hand away. Everyone looked at them. Kyuhyun’s and Ryewook’s eyes meet and the taller man realized flushed cheeks and embarrassed expression on Ryeowook. Ryeowook looked down flustered. Kyuhyun noticed both of them were trembling.

“Everything is ok?” Jaejoong asked, but Ryeowook just shook his head.

“Everything is fine.” Ryeowook lied, not looking at anyone. He quickly put on his pants and shirt and locked his locker. Kyuhyun looked at him puzzled, his hand was itchy, as he still felt Wook’s heat. Jaejoong looked at Kyuhyun, then at his best friend’s back. He never seen his friend acting like that.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong couldn’t look at Changmin in the P.E class that was outside that day. As soon as their teacher announced they will do long distance run, Ryeowook teamed up with him and make him focus on running, and running alone. Jaejoong tried to talk about that changing room incident, but Ryeowook easily would change the subject, giving no response to Jae’s trying. Yet, Jaejoong knew, Ryeowook eventually would tell him. He just don’t want to wait, he wanted to know what was that already.

 

If Jaejoong could look at Changmin, he would notice the other boy looking at him. After getting closer and know each other better, Changmin realized Jaejoong’s good trails. He was sweet and caring. He was easy going and goofy, but mostly Changmin couldn’t brush of the pang of his heart when Jae lock eyes with him or when their skin brush accidentally. He felt that zing in his body and wondered if Jaejoong felt that too. Knowing Jaejoong liked him in romantic way didn’t help at all.

 

“Will you tell me what is wrong with you and Kyuhyun?” Jaejoong asked for nth time as they run another lap. They were panting a bit, didn’t get use to running so much.

“I told you it’s nothing.”

“Do you like him?” Jaejoong asked, making Ryeowook and himself stop running for a second. Wook looked frozen on the spot, then bit his lip frustrated.

“Absurd!” Ryeowook waved his hands with denial and started running faster. He felt like his anger made him run extra faster. But why he was angry, or it was frustration? Ryeowook didn’t know, he didn’t wish to know.

Jaejoong seeing his friend’s reaction couldn’t stop himself. He needed to know more. He pick up better speed and tried to reach his friend who was half the lap farther than him.

Too focused on reaching Ryeowook and trying to make him talk, Jaejoong didn’t noticed the rock that was on the ground. He step on the stone and lose his footing, landing ungraceful on the dirt with a yelp.

“Jaejoong!” Few people called him concerned. Jaejoong could only moan from pain as his chin get scratched, making it bleed. He wipe the blood from his chin and tried to stand up. Ryeowook and Changmin who reached him offered him help, but he said he is fine. He tried to lift himself up but acute pain jab his ankle and he fell on his .

“You ok?” Ryeowook asked as he tried to lift Jaejoong who hissed from pain as he stood up on his fine leg. “Your ankle is fine?” Min asked as he saw that Jaejoong can’t stand normal.

“I’m fine.” Jaejoong lied, but when he tried to walk, his ankle moved painfully and he yelped from pain. He could fall again but Changmin caught him on time.

“You don’t look fine to me.” Changmin said and before Jaejoong could deny, he bended before Jaejoong. “Hop up, I will take you to the infirmary.” He offered his back. Jaejoong’s head swung and heat reached his cheeks. Everyone was looking at him. Ryeowook patted his head, encouraging him. Jae didn’t know what to do, but when he felt Min’s hands urging him, while wrapping his arms around his shoulders, Jaejoong couldn’t say no.

“I will visit you once the class ends.” Ryeowook said and he patted Jae’s back, who looked embarrassed as well scared. Changmin moved toward the school building with Jaejoong on his back.

“I think we should go with them.” Kyuhyun said as he eyed Jae and Min. He made a move but Ryeowook stopped him with his unscratched arm.

 “Sometimes you can’t read situation.” Ryeowook said and entwined his arm with Kyuhyun’s, whose eyes widen from shock.

“What are you..”

“Let’s run together.” Ryeowook said and pulled Kyuhyun into the run with him.

“Why you are doing that?” Kyuhyun asked while they run half the lap. Their arms get lose and eventually they let go of each other.

“I will not tell you, if you can’t read the situation.” Ryeowook said with mystery in his tone. He looked at Kyuhyun and smiled teasingly. Their hearts beats faster, but not because of running.

“If only I could read it.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself. He felt Ryeowook’s eyes on him. His eyes were twinkling and he had the most charming smile Kyuhyun saw in his life. He, himself couldn’t not to smile as well.

 

 

 

 

 

Once Jaejoong and Changmin get into the infirmary, Changmin helped Jae sit on the bed.

“Looks like the nurse is absent.” Changmin said as he looked around for something to cool off the swelling on Jae’s foot. He found the cold bottle of water and went back to Jaejoong. He tried to took Jaejoong’s shoe, but the other stopped him.

“I can do it myself. You can go back to class.” Jaejoong muttered as he took the bottle from Min’s hand and took of his shoe. His ankle was swollen horribly.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Min sternly said and took back the bottle. Jaejoong looked at him surprised, yet was grateful. Changmin took off Jae’s sock and put the bottle on the swelling ankle. It made the other boy hiss and retreat his leg instantly, but Min held it.

“Stay still.” Changmin said as he gently rolled the bottle around the swelling. Jaejoong gulped, didn’t knowing what to do. His heart was panging hard. He was sure Changmin could hear it. Changmin wasn’t different. His cheeks heat up as his hand massaged Jae’s foot. The hissing and moans of pain didn’t help his libido. His eyes slowly moved up to look at the other male’s face. Even in pain, Jaejoong looked pretty.

“I think we should wrap your ankle in bandage.” Changmin said and gently put Jaejoong’s leg on the small stool. He stood up and went to search for the bandage. Jaejoong looked at Min’s back and smiled fondly at him. He was glad that the other man didn’t felt disgusted by his confession and even befriend him. Min really was a nice man. Jaejoong not only fell in love with his face, but with his personality too. Changmin turned to be more witty and quirky as Jae first thought. He would make him irritated in good way as well as made him laugh. Jaejoong don’t recall any bad incidents with Changmin that would upset him.

 

Changmin quickly come back with a bandage and ointment for injures. He gently took Jaejoong’s foot and started to apply the ointment. Jaejoong protested again, but quickly let Min do his job. A strong scent of mint reached their nostrils.

“As much as I like mint this scent is so strong.” Jaejoong said.

“Once I end bandaging your ankle I will open the window for fresh air.” Changmin replied him.

“You don’t have to.”Jaejoong protested, but stopped once Min looked at him with a faint smile.

“But I want to.”