Chapter 3

My teen crush on you

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t stop glaring at his best friend who was in deep thought. After that English class, Jaejoong didn’t show up for the rest of their classes. Only Ryeowook stayed. Kyuhyun though, he probably gets a message from Jaejoong, to not to worry. But it didn’t help Kyuhyun, whose body was burning with rage. He didn’t know why he was angry. After the teacher reads how Ryeowook gushed over Changmin, something in Kyuhyun snapped. The fact that Changmin and Ryeowook would look at each other from time to time didn’t help either.

Kyuhyun sat down sulking at the cafeteria, waiting for Changmin to get their food. He looked around and spotted Ryeowook who was picking his food, rather than eating. Kyuhyun pouted annoyed. He was the first one to notice Ryeowook, yet the shorter male gushed over his best friend instead of him. Kyuhyun was much better athletes. If not thanks to him, Changmin would never get the balls to toss over the hoop. Changmin in snatching balls from the other people.

“You look pretty ugly.” Changmin commented once he handed Kyuhyun his food and sat down. Kyuhyun glared at him.

“Shut up!” Kyu hissed and started to pick up his food. He didn’t have an appetite. Seeing that, Changmin started to snatch some of his food.

“What happen that makes you all mad?” Changmin asked with a smile. Kyuhyun threw his chopstick on the table.

“And what makes you all happy?!” Kyuhyun yelled and without waiting for a reply, stood up and exit the cafeteria. Changmin frowned at his best friend's behavior. His eyes landed at Ryeowook and he smiled friendly, then stood up and went towards him.

 

 

Next day, Kyuhyun couldn’t calm down. He was pissed more; at Changmin, Ryeowook at everything. He snapped at everything and stomp his foot impatiently all the time. He was grumpy and lose his appetite. He sulked as he passed the school ground and notice Ryeowook standing alone under one of the trees. He wondered if he was waiting for Jaejoong. But before he could think of what he was doing, he stormed towards Wook.

“Why not me?!” Kyuhyun stomped his feet. Ryeowook looked up at him confused with a puzzled expression.

“You what?” Ryeowook was a bit taken aback. They never talk with each other, despite the fact they were classmates and now, from nowhere, Kyuhyun was actually talking to him.

“Why you gush over Changmin?” Kyuhyun demanded the answer. His cheeks flushed, once he realized what he blurted out. Ryeowook chuckled at his words.

“Are you jealous? Cute.” Ryeowook grinned and without answering Kyuhyu, he went towards their school, leaving shocked Kyu.

‘Did he call me cute?’ Kyuhyun wonder. His lips twitched with a crooked smile as heart melted slowly, washing off the anger.

 

 

Jaejoong, if he could, he would drop out of school, but his parents kicked him out of the house once he faked fever. He wondered if he should ditch classed, but Ryeowook messaged him to get to school. He knew he would have to show up eventually, but he was scared. As he reached the school, he noticed that no one looked at him, nor laugh. He wondered if anyone pretends to not know. As he almost reached the class, he spots Ryeowook who run toward him.

“Jaejoong! I was so worried.” Ryeowook said concerned as he checks Jaejoong body for any injuries. Jaejoong, once he have too much in his head can get into accidents, thinking about one thing, not paying attention to the rest.

“I’m fine.” Jaejoong said flatly. Just now Ryeowook noticed blood shot eyes. Jaejoong was probably crying all night. He hugged his friend and let go before Jae could protest.

“Don’t worry. Everything is settled, you don’t have to worry.” Ryeowook said and smooth Jaejoong’s hair. He felt like a mother whose child was in pain. They knew each other almost whole life, meeting first time in the kindergarten, they stick to each other right away.

“What you mean?” Jaejoong asked, stoping Ryeowook’s hand.

“Once you ran away, Changmin stood up and snatched the paper from the teacher’s hand, saying that it was cruel and bad to read other people’s secrets. He threatens everyone not to tell a soul about what happened.” Ryeowook said and Jaejoong for the first time today felt happy. Jaejoong knew Changmin done it to protect himself from any rumors that could spread, but he was glad he, himself was protected thanks to that too.

“Changmin is a nice boy.” Jaejoong whispered so only Ryeowook could hear.

“Of course Changmin is the greatest!” Ryeowook cheered and shook his best friend. He exaggerated his words, once he noticed Kyuhyun was looking at them. “Now, let’s go inside…” Ryeowook’s words was forgotten once Jaejoong noticed Changmin exited the classroom. Changmin, noticing Jaejoong looked down once he saw him, feeling shy all of a sudden. He didn’t know what to do or say. He was never confessed, even if he was popular. Everyone was looking at him from afar. Everyone was talking about him, but not with him. His only friend was Kyuhyun. He wanted to turn around and run away, but knew it would hurt Jaejoong. He didn’t want to hurt Jae, so he waits for the other to make the first move and Jaejoong did. After he noticed Changmin, Jae went towards him after few seconds of preparation.

“Can we talk?” Jaejoong shyily asked and Min agreed. They went into more secluded place. Jaejoong was nervous and so Min. It was the first time they talked. Jaejoong was looking at Min from the affair and now, being so close and alone was making his nervous and shy at the same time.  Min’s heart couldn’t stay calm. After that accidental confession he couldn’t stop thinking about Jae. He hides that paper’s conversation in his pocket and read it few times in his room. He noticed Jaejoong’s gaze on him too, but he never thought it meant something. He must agree, Jaejoong, even if he knew him from afar, looked like a nice, funny and friendly boy. On top of that somehow, Changmin couldn’t stop remembering Jae’s pretty eyes. They were deep dark with that glint that makes Changmin’s heart warm.

“I’m sorry you had to learn about my crush on you in that way.” Jaejoong said, looking down. For some reason Min’s heart drop. He wanted to see Jaejoong’s eyes on him.

“It’s ok. I’m more concerned, how are you feeling?” Changmin stepped closer towards Jae who looked at him shocked. Min was really too nice for him.

“I’m fine, but I would like you to forget about all that.” Jaejoong begged, making Changmin speechless for a second.

“Forget? Why?”

“You will be more at ease. Known I will never try to get you or anything. You are out of my league...”

“No, it’s ok…”

“You are too nice…” Jaejoong cut Min’s words who frowned at these words. Really, why people think he is nice? He is average and making people think he is so nice actually anger him. He didn’t want to be nice, if it’s mean he is out of Jaejoong’s league. He doesn’t want Jae to be heartbroken. No one deserves it.

“Listen, I’m not...”

“Can I ask you for one favor then?” Jaejoong cut Changmin’s words again, making the other a bit irritated. He couldn’t say anything he wanted.

“Yes, what you want?”

“Can I still look at you from afar?” Jaejoong hopefully asked. He looked uneasy at Changmin, who seeing his expression could only sigh frustrated. He wanted to tell Jaejoong so much more, but the other jumped into conclusions and didn’t give him speak. Let him have what he wants- Changmin thought.

“Yes, but you can talk to me as well.” Changmin suggested, making Jaejoong’s expression bright on.

“So friends?!” Jaejoong chirped and extended his hand, making Changmin shake it with his own.

“Friends.” Changmin said as happy as Jaejoong, thinking of much higher feelings than friendship. But it can wait, for the near future. What Jaejoong didn’t know, Ryeowook talked with Changmin yesterday, making them get closer. Changmin wanted to befriend both of them and Ryeowook was gladly open about it.