Chapter I

My teen crush on you

 

Kim Jaejoong knew that person will be his special one. He remembers the day clearly. The day he first saw Changmin on his first day in high school was like thunder hitting him hard. The trees’ petals were falling, coloring the pavement to the school ground with pastel colors of red, white and purple. The wind was slightly strong, but the air hits Jaejoong face hard, once his gaze landed on the tall boy not so far from him. Changmin’s dark blue uniform fits him perfectly and Jae thought he was looking at the statue of perfection. The petals flew around them both and Jaejoong could swear the world stopped so he can appreciate the art in Changmin for longer, much longer.

“Wow” Jaejoong could only utter as his heart pang wildly in his chest. Ryeowook, his best friend looked at him oddly.

“What wow?” He asked and Jaejoong smiled brightly, then looked at Ryeowook. His eyes were shining.

“I fell in love.” Jaejoong said all happy and fuzzy and Ryeowook didn’t know if he should be happy for his best friend or not. He, himself never was a crush/loving person. Thinking that feeling was too bothersome. He liked people, but fell in love? He said to himself, he will never. Yet, when he asked with whom, Jaejoong fell in love with, his eyes diverted from pointed out Changmin to the boy standing next to the taller male. Ryeowook thought the goofy smile of Changmin’s friend was cute.

 

 

 

Jaejoong couldn’t stop his crush, not even a tiny bit. His eyes divert to Changmin almost instantly, when he realized that the boy was in the same class as him. He was almost flying in the clouds when the teacher ordered them to take sits, and Jaejoong noticed his and Changmin’s tables were next to each other, separated only by the path. He wanted to ditch Ryeowook and sit next to Changmin, but Ryeowook dragged him to the other table. Later, he was glad, because he probably would only look at Changmin, forgetting that he is a student and needs to focus on classes.

 

Nothing and no one helped Ryeowook, who was dragged by Jaejoong to the gym, where their school basketball team had practice. He rolled his eyes, but then smiled when Jaejoong rambled about how athletic Changmin is, or how he toss the ball much better than any other.

“Yes, yes, Changmin is perfect.” Ryeowook breathed out, trying to not sound so annoyed. He didn’t catch the gaze of Changmin best friend, Kyuhyun when he said it. He didn’t realize he said it so loudly for Kyuhyun to hear him, and for sure, didn’t see the frown on the other boy’s face.  

“He is so divine.” Jaejoong squealed and he bites his lip to prevent himself from screaming.

“His divines shouldn’t stop you from studying. You focus more on gym.” Ryeowook said, but he knew that by focusing, Jaejoong mean, stalking his crush and that they will not studying anything today.

“I do, Wookie, I do, I focus all my mind..”

„On Changmin.” Ryeowook ended his best friend’s sentence, making the other boy blush. Both laughed, didn’t see that Changmin looked at them from the court. His eyes sharp, calculated as he looked at Ryeowook, then his eyes moved to Jaejoong, turning more soft. Kyuhyun didn’t miss how Changmin looked at Ryeowook, but then the ball was tossed at him, and he didn’t see his best friend’s gaze divert to someone else. Pissed, he threw the ball towards the hoop. The ball hit the board so hard that everyone looked at what happen.

“Kyu? Something the matter?” Changmin jogged to his friend, who glared at his best friend.

“Nothing.” Kyuhyun replied, then looked at the benches. He calmed down, when he noticed Ryeowook looked at him, not at Changmin. Changmin looked confused at his best friend, but let it go. He knew, Kyuhyun will say nothing, unless he, himself, will want to talk.

 

The game was resumed again and eventually Kyuhyun calmed down and let it slide once Changmin cracked some lame jokes. Changmin was glad that Kyuhyun was back to normal. As they tossed the ball, Changmin eventually strike a point and a loud scream echoed from the audience. The scream was louder than any other cheering scream, making Changmin look at the benches to see who was it. His eyes landed at the boy who was hiding his face in his palm, giggling embarrassed and covering his red face.

“Adorable.” Changmin smiled, then chucked, when the boy, turned his back away from his laughing friend.

 

 

Once the practice game ended, Changmin and Kyuhyun stayed to hear some coach talking. Ryeowook, who was only one from Jae and him with common sense, tried to drag Jaejoong out from the gym. They have a test in two days and if Jaejoong was near Min, he, for sure will not learn anything. Wook was concerned, and so, he tried to drag Jaejoong, who was looking only at Changmin. They  didn’t even realize that other boy from their class, Yunho, was walking towards them.

“Jae, look, a ball.” Ryeowook tried to distract his friend, whose eyes followed Min, who was walking toward the gym lockers. Ryeowook tossed the ball towards the Jaejoong, who catch it.

“Why you are giving me that ball?” Jaejoong said as he looked confused at his friend, losing his focus from Changmin. They didn’t realize that Yunho was near him.

“For you to stop staring at Changmin and have your own life.” Ryeowook tsyked. The small distraction worked as they walked towards the exit.

“I’m not staring!” Jaejoong denied and threw the ball behind himself.

“Jae…” Yunho started with a faint voice, but was hit hard by the basketball ball on the face, fell and lost unconscious.

 

Changmin was a bit too slow sometimes. Only a few weeks later he realized that the boy who yelled at the gym that day, was no other that Jaejoong, his classmate. When he told his revelation, Kyuhyun only rolled his eyes at him, calling him an idiot.