Hate To See Your Heartbreak Pt. 1

PLAYDATE

Author's note:

this chapter happens after a time skip. After the events of the first chapter, Jungkook moved away to study in Seoul. The two haven't kept in touch since then.

 

JIMIN's POV

It was just another day to walk around the familiar streets of Busan and look for a place to eat. The scenery was the usual, that kind that would bring you back to your childhood seeing vendors sell socks and hairpins, seeing food chain after food chain. Everything there took me to being a kid, especially the next door restaurant's chicken. 


I went in the door and directly saw a familiar list of items, the favorites of someone I used to be very close with. The songs even took me back to time, it seems like I booked myself an unplanned walk to memory lane.


I did not notice that I was staring at the menu board for a long time until the cashier called my attention.


"Oh, unm can I have my favorite."


"Excuse me?", the cashier threw a question at me.


I forgot. Out of habit I ordered my food the way I would have back then with the old owner of the place.


"Oh sorry. I mean can I get the chicken meal."


"Oh sure sir."


Jimin, that was stupid. Stop going back in time, you'll meet Jungkook again today anyway. His mom prepared a welcome home party and all so you can reminisce when he's home.


I searched for a table and decided to sit at the table in between the wall and some guy in a black leather jacket.


"Jiminnie?" The black leather jacket guy spoke to me . "Is that you?"


My eyes lit up as I stuffed his face with the chicken. I then reached for the water and took a big gulp.


"Yes. How do you know me?" I asked him as if I forgot everything we shared in our childhood.


"Don't tell me you don't remember. The bag, sandwiches, the fun and all?" But I still had confusion drawn on my face. Then I tried to use my brain and recall who I did all those with. I only had one friend who did all those with me. Only one that came closest to me.


"Jungkook?!" Jungkook smiled.


"Yeah! I'm Jungkook!" He replied. "Can I sit with you?"


Needless to say, I gladly let him sit with me. Jungkook is the highlight of this walk down to memory lane. 


Jungkook was, to be honest, he looked way better than he did before he left for Seoul. He had grown so much since then.


"Are you seeing someone?" Jungkook then scratched his ear.


Oh my. Is he finally gonna make it official on our first meet after what? Seven years? Gosh this makes me so giddy.


"No. How about you?", I asked calmly smiling at him.


His face lit up at my question. Similarly, to my expression when I heard his.


"Well, there's this guy that I've been dating but things aren't going so well and you're very good with this, right? Giving advices and all. I mean I'm sure you've dated lots of guys given your appearance and personality." 


 Yes, I am. Just not with that matter. 


What is this? I feel very bad. There's a bitter taste in my tongue, my body feels like it's being stabbed, my hands starts to tremble. I'm surprised with how my face seemed to work normally like I'm not in pain at all.


"Oh." The sharp silence seemed to overpower my thoughts, but then bottling up these emotions is my one way ticket to own my fine wine, Jungkook.

 

"Of course! I'd be very happy to help you with that. Anything to make my 'kookie' happy. By the way, I haven't dated anybody."


------------------------------------////------------


After having lunch with Jungkook and giving him all the advice he wanted I walked alone home. 


That's when all the emotions and the situation started to sink in.


Okay. So Jungkook said he loved me before he left for Seoul. Now he's back and says he found somebody he likes. He didn't hesitate at all right? So am I going back to being the best friend?


I stopped in my tracks and let a tear escape. Then another. Until I started crying to the point that my body shook when I let out a sob and gasp for air.


That night, I locked myself in my room. I didn't go to his party. For the first time in my life I preferred to stay in my room. The beating of my heart that steadily grew louder and louder as the years went by after he said the words stopped in and instant when he mentioned that one person.