Still Into You

PLAYDATE

Jungkook's POV


I can sense Jimin is awake already but I don't want to let go yet. I clenched onto his shirt and nuzzled into his neck like we did before. Just like old times.


No matter how strong the nostalgia I still can't shrug off the pain that settled within me yesterday.


Before I knew it my mind drifted off to when our problem began to catch fire.

 

At the airport


Jungkook, mom and dad doesn't want us to stay together.


It's okay right? You said before that even if all else fails and everyone shuns us we'll always stay together, right?


No, Kookie listen.


Tae you already agreed to live in Busan with me. I'm very happy with that. 


But you don't understand! You don't! I can't just leave my family!


You said we'd stay together!


I never said I'd leave my family for you!


Next thing I knew he was crying, his face was red and he held his cheek.


A tear escaped my eye an I held onto Jimin even tighter. His words hurt. I felt betrayed yet I was wrong to hurt him. I hurt him too.


Yesterday


Can we talk?


For what? I'm going back home to my family.


Tae let's go back together. Don't do these things on your own. We are a couple after all.  I'll make extra effort to gain acceptance from your family this time.


! Stop making things so difficult for me! I'm so scared. Jungkook  I'm so scared. Please please just let me clear my mind.


He shook as he cried.


Tae


Please go. I need some time alone.


Tae


Go.

 

Suddenly I felt arms wrapped around me. Jimin was running his fingers through my hair.


"Jungkook, You're shaking. Is everything alright?"


I let all my emotions out and cried  in his embrace.


He sat up and rocked me like he did when we were small whenever I had nightmares.


"Should I sing for you?"


"Yes please.", I hiccuped my reply.
---------------------------------------------------


Jimin's POV

After Jungkook let out all his tears, his face was swollen but he felt a little better. It's up to me now to cheer him up. 


Right now he's bathing cause I told him we'd  do some catching up to liven up the mood.


I sat on my study table and listed down a few things we used to do that might help,


Then a message came up.


"Oh it's from Jin hyung"


I opened it and read his message.

 

Jin hyung
Jiminnie~ how are you? All this work here stinks I miss my Joonie. Is he eating well? Oh and I bought you a cute outfit here!


I smiled at that and was about to reply when another message came up.


Jin hyung

Oh and how was the welcome home party for Jungkook?


Jimin

I didn't go. We met at a resaurant.


 Jin hyung

Ooh do spill


Jimin

He's found somebody else. Let's just talk about the rest when you come back.


I kept my phone when Jungkook knocked on the door.


"Hyung I'm ready."


"Coming!", I folded the paper and placed it in my pocket.
---------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

"hyung where are we going?", Jungkook asked curiously. He seemed more lively now. Jimin took his hand and swung it back and forth.


"Memory lane Kookie~"


Jungkook made the first genuine smile of the day and swung his hand like Jimin.


"Bring me back in time!", Jungkook cheered although his voice cracked.


'How I wish.', Jimin thought in his mind

 

"Hey kook, remember that old playground we always went to?"


He perked up and smiled.


"Yeah"


"Let's see how well you remember how to get there Seoul boy, race you there!", Jimin sprinted and got a head start.


Surprisingly, Jungkook still knew all the paths that led to their favorite playground. Soon enough Jimin's little legs couldn't catch up to Jungkook's killer speed and height.


Jimin was panting and sweating heavily. All his sitting down at work must have made him rusty.


"Ha! I'm faster than you now. Hey hyung are you still alright?", Jungkook paused to see how Jimin was keeping up.


'Ugh so tired. My legs. I feel my fats bounce when I run. Gotta lose weight. Just a few more steps'


Unknowingly, Jimin looked like a tomato that was about to burst. 


*snap*


Jimin looked to his side quickly to see Jungkook laughing his off with how stupid he looked.


'Must strangle idiot', Jimin reached out his hands to strangle but gave up because of how tired he was.


"Well, enough of that! Let's go grab a drink and sit down. Wahh this place never changed.", Jungkook said as he kept his phone and put Jimin's arm over his shoulder.


Jimin was red for a whole different reason now. 


"Chim, you're really sweaty."


And now he found another reason to blush.


"what do you expect"


"Not much", Jungkook replied jokingly.


They approached the all too familiar soda shop near the playground.


 "Ahjussi! So great to see you again. It's me Jiminnie and this is Jungkookie remember? We used to visit all the time", Jimin cheerfully greeted the old store owner.


"Jiminnie? Jungkookie? You guys have grown into such handsome men. What've you been up to these days?"


"Well, I just started working at a company", Jimin chirped. His exhaustion dissipating in an instant.


"I'm studying in my last year of college then I'm off to get a job after", Jungkook added in.


"That's good to hear boys. Now what would you lads like to have?"


"Strawberry drink for kookie and a blueberry soda for me", Jimin said before Jungkook could even utter a word.

 

He looked at Jimin with awe and shock.


"Woah, you still remember my favorite drink?"


"How could I forget? You always order it. You even cried when you didn't get the exact same flavor"
---------------------------------------------------

Jungkook's POV


A trip to memory lane felt nice. I felt like I rediscovered myself. I got to meet the kid inside of me again. 


Jimin and I played around the playground. We went to visit all the spots we could for the day. 

 

We went to the arcade and I even got him a toy. 


We danced to our old favorites. He still dances so beautifully.


We looked through our old photo albums. We only looked through our baby pictures. He said we'd look through the others some other time.


Right now he's cooking dinner for us. I'm assisting him by cutting up the vegetables. Then a thought crossed my mind.


"Chim, where's your mom by the way?"


"My mom?", he looked at me confused then continued cooking.


"Yeah."


"She gave me this apartment last year. Since then she hasn't called or visited."


"Oh I'm sorry to hear that.", I felt bad for bringing it up.


Jimin glanced at Jungkook and noticed his salty expression.


"Nah it's okay. She's  happy now.", He reassured.

 

There was a moment of silence before I decided to say something.

 


"Chim, why don't we eat while stargazing? We always did that."
--------------------------------------------------

Jimin's POV


This is it. We can finally recreate the moments I've cherished the most. To him it may just have been a memory, a part of his precious childhood but it held a special place in mine.


A particular memory stayed stuck in my mind.

 

I love you


I gripped the lunchbox as the bitter feeling resurfaced.


He loves me but not in that way.


"Jiminnie", He called out and draped an arm over me.


"Gosh I missed this! ", He squeezed my arm a bit and led me to that same spot. 


We settled down and began eating.


"Jimin, thanks for bringing me back in time", He jokingly said.


I smiled at that. He was still so adorable. 


"So kookie, how long are you staying here?", I asked. 


"Just two more weeks then I'm going back to Seoul. When I've graduated I'll come back to work though."
---------------------------------------------------

We had finished eating and now we're keeping our food.


I was closing the last box then I went to put it aside.


Jungkook was already lying down and looking up. His eyes shined bright, his lips slightly parted, a look of pure happiness on his face. 


I took me place beside him and did the same.


Unlike before, it couldn't calm me down. With him so close to me, I feel so many mixed emotions and thoughts cloud my mind. My heart was racing, the rhythm getting stronger. The beating of my heart had life again.


"Chim why are you lying so far away? C'mere."


Oh no. My heart skipped a beat. The feeling came back but even stronger than it was seven years ago.


He had his arms stretched out for me to place my head. I slowly squirmed my way to the spot he had prepared for me.


He suddenly flipped over me and was face to face with me. 


"SQUISH!", He playfully said. He had his eyes closed and his weight on mine.Sure we dog piled a lot when we were younger but that was when—


He's so close to me. We are pressed against each other. My heart is beating so fast. I could feel it, his heart beat. His was beating at the same pace. 


He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. We stared at each other for a few moments.


He leaned in closer to my face slowly. Then out foreheads bumped. I was blushing.


Then he rolled back to his spot and laughed.


I laughed with him just to shake off the feeling.


"Well, we didn't do that before didn't we?", he said with a chuckle.


"We didn't"


"Chim, really, thanks for taking me to revisit our old memories"

---------------------------------------------------

That night we slept side by side again but he had me in his embrace. It was nothing romantic even so I appreciate it.


Today was, he was all mine all over again. Today, I regained the beat of my heart. Today, I felt bliss even if it all just happened in one day. 


But it still bothers me that all this, just like before, would be temporary. It will just be a memory again years from now. 


After all these years he's still the one that I love. 


After all this time, I'm still into you.


Jungkook I'm still into you.

 

------------------------------------------------------

author's note:

this chapter was inspired by another song by paramore called "still into you".