Hate to see your heartbreak pt.2

PLAYDATE

 JUNGKOOK's POV

Jimin won't give any wrong advices, I know that since his suggestions turned out to be successes when we were young. Opening up to him is risky, yet this is where, as Jimin said, we can point out the problem.


"Tae?", I called out as I knocked on his hotel door. We came together from Seoul and I was gonna bring him to live with me at my home while he's staying here in Busan but we had a fight recently.


I'm nervous. I've been hurt before and I don't want to be away from somebody I love again.


It took minutes of waiting outside his door until he opened it for me and boy did he look scary. Taehyung had such a beautiful and soft face but his blank expression and glare can make a grown man cower.


"What.", he said, clearly unamused.


"Can we talk?"
-------------------------------------////-----------

Jimin's POV

Work is a . My boss is a . Life is a . The only good thing that happened to me found someone else. 


"They're probably enjoying themselves now", I bitterly commented as I took a sip of my equally bitter cup of coffee in front of the tv playing a tragic love story.


I've cried earlier because of the events of that lunch. I cried at work because my boss is a and is giving me his work while he gets paid to do nothing. It's frustrating. Mom hasn't called me ever since she gave me this new apartment and whenever I visit home she just feeds me and lets me leave. At this point I feel like total garbage. The only hope I have left is that things don't go well with Jungkook's patching up , that way at least my love life could be saved.


*knock knock*


"Coming!", I shouted and dragged the blanket that was wrapped around me to the front door.


I looked through the peephole and saw my last hope standing in front of me.


I quickly wiped aways the last bit of bitter tears on my face and smiled. I have to at least look like I'm happy to see him succeed right?


I opened the door, " Jungkook! How was it? Great to see yo— what happened?"


Jungkook was— to be perfectly honest— he looked even worse than I did last night. His shirt and pants were dirty ( like with mud and all), his eyes were swollen, his hair tussled in the worst way, lips cracked, and his face was pale but looked happy. So happy it makes me hurt inside. It seemed genuine. Did they get along?


I could already imagine what happened earlier that led to him looking like a mess.


He did as I said which is talk about what their problem with each other is. It works and they cry. They run around and play in the rain that's why he's dirty and pale. Makes sense. Too much sense that I might hurt myself if I think deeper into every little detail that could have been there.


"Hyung, please let me stay here. I have something to tell you."
---------------------------------------------------


After giving him a change of clothes and a blanket he sat down on my couch and took a sip of my coffee.


"Funny how your coffee is so bitter hyung"


I sat beside him and snatched my coffee.


"Why do you say so?"


He looked at me with a hurt expression and put my coffee down on the table. He took my hands and held them.


"Thank you hyung. Because of you I wouldn't be chasing somebody who wouldn't even turn to look at me anymore."


"Wait you mean—"


I was cut when he started tearing up. 


He wiped his eyes as tears streamed endlessly. His breathing didn't seem right, he was shaking, his sobs were loud.


"Hyu-hyung he doesn't want me anymore."


He shook even more violently as his face turned red and his eyes clenched shut.


Without hesitation, I pulled him into a hug. 


I never thought I'd hate to see this moment. I thought I realized my fears when he left for Seoul.

 

Turns out I feared more than anything to see him so broken.

 

 

I hate to see his heart break.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:

this chapter was inspired by paramore's song hate to see your heartbreak. The song is great. Might wanna check it out.