006

honestly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next morning, I wake up with a light shoulder. As usual I do my morning routine and go down straight to my mum who making breakfast. “Morning!”
 

“Good morning, my daughter” she said and I gives her a light kiss on the cheek. “Looks like someone is happy today”
 

“Uhm.. I think you should know”
 

“What is it ?” She put the pancakes on the table for our simple breakfast today. I sit right in front of her and waited until she’s done with the breakfast, “I.. met up with Won yesterday”, Her eyes went slightly widened, I’m not sure it is because of the pancake she just ate or at the mention of Hyungwon’s name. My right hand keep rolling the small bit of pancake around the syrup with the fork. I bit my lips, waiting for her response, “Don’t be nervous and just tell me who did you choose ?”
 

“Uhm ?”
 

“Is it Hyungwon or Minhyuk ?”
 

I finally smiles when she ask, I’m afraid she might upset with my decision.. I guess she understands me. “It’s Minhyuk..” She warmly smiles toward my answer with a light nod, “You know they both are good person, right ?”
 

“Of course..”
 

“There is something you should know too. Yesterday, I got a call”
 

I got a call ,her words weirdly echoed in my head. A call… ? “Is it from dad ?” I could see my mum’s bitter expression when I mentioned about dad. “Is there.. something wrong ?”, There should be something. Dad never calls for no reason, and for some reason I’m afraid for what’s coming.
 

“Mum, say something, you’re scaring me”
 

“Next week.. is your birthday” She said, “And.. ?”
 

“You’re turning 24, sweetheart”
 

“I know, what’s the big deal ?”
 

“He wants you to celebrate your birthday with him”
 

“Cool. I kinda miss him” I shrugged my shoulder, “He could have call me though..” I steal a glance to my mum who seems distracted. “There’s something else, right.. ?” I said nervously, “He wants you to live with him”, My eyes widened as the fork fall on the plate. “What ? No !” I scream. “Why- why is he suddenly wants me to live with him ? He never care enough for the last 20 years- why now ?” I frowned as it slowly sinks in. “I don’t want to live with him”
 

“Dear, he’s your dad”
 

“But dad has another woman in his house !”
 

“Jung..” she looks at me in worried, “-and you don’t have anyone but me, mum.. I don’t want to leaves you alone. You know I cant live without you”
 

“You can always pay me a visit, Jung”
 

“No..” I sighed, “I want to see you all the time, mum. When I wake up, when I go to sleep, when I’m sad or when I’m happy. If I lives with him.. who’s going to listen to my everyday story.. or my concern ? There’s only you who could understands me”
 

“Sweetheart.. just gives him a chance, alright ?”
 

“No” I put the everything in my hand on the table and left the kitchen, “Jung..”
 

“You don’t get me this time, mum” I said, going straight to my room to grab my phone and get out from the house right away. There is nowhere I could go at this time, except for one. That one place which supposed to be a place I shouldn’t go but.. that is the only place I could be alone. I turn on my phone and hit Minhyuk’s number. He picked up his phone on the second call and I hear his bright voice, “Morning, my girl”
 

“Don’t act like you already wake up” I said as I know he usually wake up later than this on the weekend, “Uhmmm, sorry” he giggled with his sleepy voice. “Why did you call ? There’s a cockroach again in your room ?”, I laugh at his question, “No.. it just.. can we meet, like- right now ?”
 

“Why ? Are you okay there ?”
 

“I will explain once you are here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter