005

honestly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s the third of November as I stands infront of the bakery. The bell rings as I push the door open. My eyes quickly looking for Minhyuk’s favourite cake. It should be special since this is the first time we celebrate a birthday together since we’re together. I hummed as I stare at the cakes until I finally make a decision. Just a simple chocolate cake with a simple decoration around it. Minhyuk likes simple things instead of a fancy one, he should love this. I bid the staff goodbye as I smile by myself, walking out from the bakery. It’s just a few blocks away when I suddenly feels uneasy- right at the moment I stop on my feet as I stands there- facing him.

 

The one and only, Chae Hyungwon.

 

I let out a sigh. How can such a pretty day can be ruined in a matter of seconds ?

 

“Hey” He said as he stands there, like how he always be with his hands tucked in his pocket. A red gray hoodie with a pair of jeans and sneakers. He is still the same Hyungwon that I know, “Hey” I said with my low voice as I tried to walk pass him but he take his steps to block my way, “Can we talk ?”

 

“No”

 

“Jung”

 

“I don’t have time for this, Hyungwon” I said sternly, trying to escape for the second times but he grab for my hand, making me stop as he faced me. “We always have time for each other”

 

“We ? Really ? After you left me hanging for years ? After all those times why now-”

 

“I miss you ! That’s it” He said a bit louder making me a bit flinched under his gaze. It takes me a moment when I finally come to my sense, “I loved you, but not anymore, Chae Hyungwon.. I just want an answer- thats it. You said it yourself that I already have Minhyuk- but why now ? Why are you here saying-.. saying that..” I let out a breath, or two. I can’t seem to say that word in front of him.

Do heartbreaks supposed to feel this hurt ?

“I miss you” He said and on that moment my tears started to fall on my cheeks, “I miss you, okay ? I thought I can let you-..” He sigh, leaving his words unfinished as he looks away, frustrated. “You’re so mean” I mumbled before my cries become louder and I close my eyes with my right hand. “I look for you everywhere as I could but you are nowhere to be seen. I was scared- I was so scared to the point I thought you have gone from this world forever-” “But I’m here..” He said as he put my right hand to my side and pull me to his embrace, “I was scared too.. that I might lose you to another when I leave you like that- and my nightmare really comes true” He said, “I’m really sorry, Jung. I just want you to know that I still love you”
 

I push him away and stare right to his eyes, “Then why did you leave ? Do you know how much have I miss you to the point I almost give up on life ?!”
 

“Jung..”
 

“I always wear long sleeves because I want to hide all the scars. I almost hate myself for missing you too much Hyungwon, but where are you when all of this happen ? Why did you have to appear when I finally find my life back ?” I bit my lips as the tears keep streaming down my face. His eyes.. my heart break into pieces when I find his eyes started to get teary. His movement was slow, as he reached for my hand and push up the sleeve slightly, just to see a lot of old scars and lines on it. He close his eyes, as if he is in pain before staring right into my eyes, “Do you.. love Minhyuk ?” He ask with his tiny voice as our eyes stuck to each other. “I.. I promise I will go after I listen to your answer”
 

“Don’t you get it or just simply stupid ?” I smirked as tears still running down my cheeks, “I should have known since the day you lost our couple rings. I guess I was too blinded by love. I should not have met you in the first place”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter