Chapter Eight

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun-ah, make sure you watch it, got it?" Chanyeol pleaded Baekhyun as he threw on a long white coat near the entryway.

Though he had seen Chanyeol almost every second of the day, he never grew tired of seeing him. Be it cute or handsome. He found Chanyeol's cute side endearing, the way his eyes sparkled when he looked at Baekhyun, talking to him about everything and anything as if it were the wonders of the world. Then there was Chanyeol's manly, rapper side that would make Baekhyun swoon, wrapped around Chanyeol's finger, bending to any wish or will, and forget everything, even that he was older than Chanyeol, which was the exact one that stood before Baekhyun currently. How could he say no to that?

Baekhyun grinned like a fool in love, forgetting all about being tired of too much Chanyeol. He was so blind by love. "I will... I'll be cheering you on from here."

"Good. I'll try to come home early. Don't miss me too much," Chanyeol said with a wink before hugging him tightly then walking out with their manager.

Xiumin walked into the living room from the kitchen with a bowl of fruit, munching away. "Did your husband just leave? Omo, look at this newly wed, like a housewife. 'Don't miss me too much,'" Xiumin hopped onto the couch next to a chuckling Chen, who almost spat out his juice as Xiumin imitated Chanyeol along with a wink and an exaggerated deep voice.

CBX were the only ones home as everyone else had their own tasks for the morning. Suho was shooting a commercial, Sehun was visiting Vivi before his photoshoot, D.O was gone for the day, acting for another movie while Kai went with him for support. When CBX was alone like this, they openly joked about Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's new "relationship."

"Aren't you getting tired of it all?" Chen asked, glancing at Baekhyun still standing at the entryway, staring at the door motionless. He still bore a smile on his face.

Just as Chen had asked, Baekhyun had come back down from Cloud 9, his smile fading away. He felt himself slowly begin to boil before he let it all out.

He screamed.

Chen had spat out his drink this time, jolting in his seat, while Xiumin almost dropped his bowl at the sudden shriek. They were betting on Baekhyun losing it soon, but they weren't prepared for his break down at that very second.

"Baekhyun... are you okay?" Xiumin asked cautiously after several seconds of Baekhyun screaming while angrily gesturing.

Baekhyun had continued his rage-fit, his country dialect coming out full throttle. "YAH! Who does he think he is?! 'Don't miss me too much,' AISH! I'M NOT WATCHING YOUR PROGRAM. AY-YAH!! I'm not your wife, we aren't married! I don't have to watch you, I'm not obligated. You, you Park Chanyeol, I'm going to do WHATEVER I want to today! AISH!" Upon cursing Chanyeol once more, Baekhyun left the living room, walking towards their play room, past the studio. He kicked the studio door on his way there.

Xiumin and Chen watched Baekhyun storm off into the hallway, worriedly.

Xiumin sighed before calling out to Baekhyun, "Do you want me to call you when he's on TV or should I just record it later tonight?"

They waited for Baekhyun's response, keeping the TV muted.

After a minute or so of hearing Baekhyun angrily play billiards by himself, they turned the TV volume back on, silently promising to check on him later.

Baekhyun, however, had returned after a few seconds, grabbing a pillow from the connected couch before flopping onto it. He laid flat on his stomach, drained, physically and emotionally.

Muffled by the pillow Baekhyun stuffed his face in, all they heard was a quiet, resigned response. "...Both..."

Xiumin ruffled Baekhyun's hair softly in small comfort. "Of course."
 


For the duration of the afternoon, CBX rehearsed their songs in the dance practice room at their company building, preparing for an upcoming event.

As the sun began to set, they arrived home, quickly showered, ordered food, and gathered on the couch.

Kai and D.O had arrived first, calmly entering and greeting the others, sipping on iced coffees. "Is he on yet?" D.O asked. They both glanced at Baekhyun as they entered the living room, face planted on the couch, laying on his stomach facing away from the TV. Kai chose to sit in front of Baekhyun while D.O walked around the couches, leaned over the top, and petted Baekhyun's head in a short greeting. He stayed leaning on the top of the couch.

Chen greeted them and shook his head, "No, you still have..." He checked his phone's clock. "About thirty minutes."

Kai nodded then questioned his hyung's behavior, "What happened to Baekhyun?" He turned and rubbed Baekhyun's shoulder and back. "Did practice not go okay? You've been dancing well. What happened?"

Baekhyun shook his head and patted Kai's hand as a small thank you before sighing into the pillow. He took a few deep breaths before reaching up for Kai's hand. Kai immediately grasped it, understanding Baekhyun's apologetic gesture to one of his maknaes. "It's okay," Kai answered the gesture, then absently watched whatever was on TV, occasionally glancing back at Baekhyun.

"Suho and D.O won the bet. He lost it and screamed at the front door right after Chanyeol left. He even beat up the pool table and his accent came out," Chen recalled, accidentally letting the truth and a laugh slip out in front of Baekhyun.

Xiumin immediately hit Chen for his mistake, insensitively talking about the bet about said person who was already unresponsive on the couch.

Chen quieted himself but still smiled as he apologized to Baekhyun, "I'm sorry, ah? I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah..."

Baekhyun sighed and nodded into the pillow, allowing Chen to grab his shoulder apologetically.

Kai got up after squeezing Baekhyun's shoulder to tell him he would be right back after changing into home clothes. Baekhyun gave a small thumbs up in response.

D.O stayed for a few more seconds before parting Baekhyun's hair to kiss his forehead and tell him, "You'll be okay, ah?" He ruffled Baekhyun's hair once more after receiving a small nod. He followed Kai into their shared room to gather his things before showering.
 


All four sat in the living room, excluding Baekhyun who was still face-first on a pillow, eating the ordered Korean food that had arrived, absently watching TV or looking at their phones while waiting to watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter