Lonely

We Are Dating
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Seungyoon's POV

"Ok, girls, you did very well - just as always. Thank you."

"Thank you for your hard work!"

I was watching the new group that Jinhwan's girlfriend is in. They really did very well and their manners are also very good.

I was actually very impressed by their performance since they were the only group that wasn't from YG that performed 100% live. And they did a very good job as well - they nailed all the high notes and harmonisations perfectly despite the hard choreography. It was amazing that there didn't seem to be a "weak" member. 

"Wow, that Jinhwanie girlfriend's group is really something, right?" I heard Mino say next to me.

"Yeah, how did they manage to stay ao stable while dancing so powerfully and in sync? And it's amazing how sharp their moves were!" Seunghoon hyung said breathlessly.

And of course Jinwoo hyung couldn't be left out from a conversation about girls. "Do you know which company do they belong to? Do they have a dating ban? They are all so pretty AND talented. They all could pass as main vocals if they were in different groups."

"I think it has more to do with the way the songs are composed." I said.

"Seungyoon is right. The songs are all written by the members who know each other very well so each member's strength is always very well showcased in their songs. But I'm not saying they aren't talented - they are actually one of the most talented idol group I've met so far. They possess an incredible amount of talent and if you pay attention you'd be able to see that for each song their positions change so that everyone can showcase her singing ability as well as dancing. Sure, the highest notes are usually done by Jinhee because she reaches them the easiest, but otherwise they do not have fixed positions. They rotate for the main vocal as well as the main dancer position."

It was Zico hyung and when none of us said anything - most probably because of shock, he continued. "These girls know each other for ages and care for each other more than just as members of one group, which is probably why this system works for them. You know, these girls came together by themselves so they don't try to outshine each other. They actually try to highlight each other's strengths. This is why this rotating system would not work out in a different group that is created by a company that is looking at profits and consists of members with their own greed for spotlight. These girls were never about fame or making a lot of money, but they were always seeing music and performance as an art. And treated each other as a part of their own extended 'me'."

"You know them personally?" someone asked Zico hyung.

"Yeah, I do. We lived on the same neighbourhood as kids. I saw how they gor close to each other and how they started to sing. Seeing how they finally blossomed after all the struggles they had to overcome makes me so proud of them. And each time I see them perform it makes me humbly look back at myself. The struggles they had to go through were much harder than what I had to ho through, yet, they never complain and simply just work harder than anyone else."

As Zico hyung was still in a very sentimental mood, Mino suddenly jumped up from his seat looking very hurt. 

"How come you never introduced me to them?"

Zico hyung chuckled and said very seriously: "They are either taken or their heart is taken or just too precious to be introduced to someone - you know, if I introduce them I have to take a part of the responsibility which is something I can't do if it's them. Not to mention that I can't introduce someone I'm not sure he is worth t

Please log in to read the full chapter