Artificial Love; Taeil/Jiho

spilled ink.
Please log in to read the full chapter
Artificial Love

Taeil/Jiho | scientist/android AU | G

Warning: implied character death (implied suicide) set pre-story.

 

His lab is a mess. His hair is a mess. It’s only expected given how he’s been working on this since that day.

(That day he came home to spilled pills on the floor, a limp body.)

Taeil removes his glasses, pinches his nose and decides he should take a shower before he completes the last step. He’s already tested everything and he’s almost certain that it’s going to work out.

(Almost certain, because like everything in life, one can never be sure of anything. He had seemed perfectly fine before Taeil left for work that day.)

Ditching the ratty clothes he’s worn for the past few days, Taeil changes into a clean sweater and sweatpants once he’s freshly showered. The photo frame by his bed lies face down. Taeil stares at it. Eventually, he decides to pick up it up, set it upright. Looking at the photo (at them) makes his chest ache again, but Taeil comforts himself with the knowledge that he’s almost done.

(Almost has him back.)

It takes two hours more. Taeil puts in the final pieces, checks and then double checks before he finally closes the synthetic skin over the batteries. It’s now or never. He takes a deep breath, then flicks the switch.

Nothing happens.

Then suddenly, the figure in front of him breathes, eyelids f

Please log in to read the full chapter