Enflamed; Jaehyo/Taeil

spilled ink.
Please log in to read the full chapter
Enflamed; Jaehyo/Taeil

(implied) Jaehyo/Taeil | fireman/arsonist AU | T

 

When Jaehyo reaches the place, he’s not surprised to find that it’s another shed in the middle of nowhere. There’s nothing much of the wooden structure to be saved, but he dutifully gets his team to set up equipment, hooking the hose to the nearest hydrant. Within minutes, the remaining smolders of fire are put out, and Jaehyo lets out a breath.

Kyung comes up from behind, a hand on his shoulder.

“You okay? The damage isn’t too bad, as far as things go.”

Jaehyo tries to smile; it comes out as a grimace. Kyung doesn’t say anything, just pats him solidly on the back before moving back to the firetruck.

“Come on, let’s go back to the station, it’s four-frigging-a.m. and I’m tired.”

Jaehyo nods to show he’s heard, but he’s heading towards the damp wreckage.

“Just a minute. I need a smoke.”

Kyung rolls his eyes, not being snarky about Jaehyo’s “disgusting habit” for once, just waves at him to hurry up. Jaehyo does that, quickly walking around the destroyed shed like he’s finding a spot to smoke, but what he’s really doing is looking for something. He finds it in the form of a lighter this time, thrown some ways off, a little T scratched into the plastic. There’s a cloth next to it, slightly burnt and smelling of accelerant. It confirms his suspicions.

It’s Lee Taeil.

Again.

Sighing, J

Please log in to read the full chapter