Chapter 8

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   “May the Lord bless these Korean men with their glorious bodies and may he also have mercy on my soul as my thoughts verge on dirty at the sight before me,” Audrina said as she gawked out of the window, spying on the boys on the front lawn washing our cars. 

   “Amen,” Tina agreed as she took a sip of her Brandi, standing beside the Former with a predatory gaze directed at my poor unsuspecting neighbors.

I rolled my eyes at my co-workers and closest friends as they continued to shamelessly disrobe my neighbors with their eyes; but then again it didn't entail too much work on their behalf since the boys had their torsos bare of clothing and wearing swimming trunks to clean cars. 

    “Did yo both happen to forget that you are married?” I quipped un-amused by their behavior,  casually taking a seat on the sectional opposite them with a well adorned look of disapproval.

    “Eyes were made for looking, Mily and it would be a shame to turn a blind one to such fine specimen as these lovely gentlemen who are so kindly doing a service not only to our cars, but to our fantasies as well.” Audrina retorted with a sense of playfulness, she raised her glass towards the men in a silent cheers 

I  scoffed at the comment, crossing my legs in indignation “the both of you are honestly so despicable!”

The pair before me shared a knowing look amongst them before turning their gaze onto my own, their eyes filled with a mixture of amusement and mischief, a look of which I have come to know of what follows after.

      “Now, Mily,” Tina began her teasing, “don't be bitter because your Prince Charming isn't here getting all soaped up,” She tsked placing her glass down on top of the mahogany coffee table, “the man has responsibilities and besides, maybe he’ll make it up to you later with a private show,” she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively which caused Audrina to giggle in a childish manner. 

I rolled my eyes in disinterest, it was predictable that they would find a way to loop Jungkook into the conversation; ever since that night at Jaguar the girls were incessantly bringing him up in anyway they could, convinced that the two of us were something more. Though despite my constant protests and denials they contInued on their quest to irritate me.

   “Again, there is nothing going on between Jungkook and I, he is my neighbor and will attend the University we all work at. End of discussion.” I scowled giving them both a menacing gaze that dared them to further speak of the subject to see what would occur. 

Tina raised her hands up in defeat, “it was merely an observation,” she stated cheekily.

     “Then maybe you should have your eyes checked, for your observation is far off from the fact of the matter,” I retorted successfully being irked, I brought my glass of whiskey to my parted lips and basked as it’s rich scent filled my nostrils with a delicious tingle as the liquid left a sensational burn down the back of my throat. 

Before either of the two could respond, there was a rhythmic knock on my door that was filled with a childish familiarity. I rose to my feet, leaving my glass forgotten on the coffee table and proceeded to answer the door where I found a very drenched Taehyung awaiting on the other side leaning against the frame. It seemed the whiskey had an early effect on me today as words had seemed to have failed me as the young man before me looked as though he could rival Adonis; his fringe matted to his forehead, his sharp eyes warm and b with happiness, his body glistening in the sunlight which allowed him to look as though the heavens themselves had blessed him. 

   As much as I hated to admit it, I was caught red-handed gawking at him and Taehyung wasn't one to let things slide, on the contrary, he liked to act upon them and revel in the aftermath of it all. 

A smug grin found itself settling on the other’s lips, bringing a hand up to slick back his fringe while he held eye contact with me. His gaze was lethal in all the right ways, a cocktail of emotions swirling around his iris’ ranging from playful to lustful and all that was in between. 

     “We’ve finished washing your car,” he spoke, his voice an octave lower than the one I came to associate with him, each word rolling off his tongue like a prayer but it’s effects were sinful, “how are you going to pay us back?” 

I gaped at him, my lips parting to speak only to come back together again as i was finding it difficult to put together an intelligent answer however blurting out the only word my sentence revolved around, “waffles,” and I cursed myself a thousand times within the moment the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter