Chapter 41: Mages' Generation TaeTiSeoYoon

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona finally returned to Seohyun after leaving her at the school a few days earlier. As soon as she opened the door, Yoona rushed over to Seohyun and gave her the tightest hug she could muster as she was sincerely sorry for treating her so terribly. Seohyun obviously forgave her sister, she missed Yoona just as much as the latter missed her, but the most important thing was that she was safe. Seohyun was incredibly worried for Yoona while she was off gallivanting in search for Kim Taeyeon. To Seohyun’s surprise, Yoona had managed to track her down by following Taeyeon’s best friend Sunny. She figured out where their building was and spent another day planning how she would get passed the doorman. Most people believed that Seohyun was the brains and Yoona was just the muscle between the two, but actually, Yoona was just as much intellectually gifted as Seohyun, she just didn’t enjoy school work. Yoona informed Seohyun about the great news, that Taeyeon had agreed to teach them magic to help defend the city, but Seohyun was still more concerned about the welfare of the school. “That’s great Yoona! I’d love to learn the magical arts and all, but the school… parents are getting anxious again, looking for results. What are we going to do to calm them down? I can’t go talk to them again because my words will mean less without proof of progress.” Seohyun explained.

“Let’s just go back with the original plan Seo, Taeyeon promised to talk to the parents, right? I’ll text her and ask her to come to school to address the crowds.”

“Isn’t she busy dealing with the problem through the drug factories?” Seohyun asked.

“She’ll make time, trust me.” Yoona held out an okay sign with her hand to signify to Seohyun that everything was under control.

 

 The next day, they arrived at school to see a mass group of parents protesting right outside the school, their anger and rage evident by their rowdy chants. It was clear that Leeteuk didn’t have any control over this situation and it would only continue to escalate if nothing was done. Their rage would eventually become physical and may even begin a riot or strike against the school. Someone had to calm them down, someone had to inspire them and someone had to shine a beacon of hope into their darkened spirits. At that moment, Vermilion descended down to the entrance of the school where the parents were vigorously protesting about the negligence at the school. Once she had touched the ground, the crowds ceased their screams and roars to observe the marvel that was Vermilion. “Ladies and gentlemen, if you would please calm down!” Vermilion signaled the crowd to hush with her hands. The next to appear was Sakura the Sorceress, but since no one had ever seen her before, everyone was surprised to see a brand new face. The male section of the audience was particularly intrigued by this new magician. Sakura joined Vermilion atop the steps of the school entrance and glanced towards all the concerned parents, this situation was truly dire. She could definitely tell that these parents were worried sick for their children and were desperate to hear some good news. “Good morning everyone, for those of you who do not know me, I am Vermilion, and this is my partner Sakura. We would like to inform you all, that we have been taking major actions against the drug trading that have been occurring on the outskirts of the city. It’s our honor to announce to you that we have eliminated five of the drug manufacturing plants hidden in the downtown area. We have also significantly reduced the drug dealers’ activity in order to further reduce the spread of the drugs. I know that this isn’t major news, but we can honestly tell you all we are trying our very best to resolve this issue.” Vermilion finished.

“What about the police!!? What the hell are they doing!?” Someone screamed.

“The police are also doing the best that they can, without them, we wouldn’t be able to officially prosecute these criminals, so please do not address them so harshly!” Vermilion defended.

“Our kids are in comas! Can’t you wave your magic wands to fix this !?” Sakura was getting pissed and was about to step forward when Vermilion held her back.

“Don’t worry, they don’t understand what they’re saying. They’re acting on impulse so don’t take what they say to heart babe.” Vermilion whispered. Sakura loosened her fist and returned back to Vermilion’s side.

“Look here everyone, the drug epidemic in your school has already dissipated. There are no more dealers and consumers in the school. Your questions about the comas and such are best left in the hands of a medical professional.  So please, if you do not have a question regarding the actual drug problem and not its effects, then I kindly ask you to leave this school and let the students focus.” Sakura retorted. The parents glanced at one another and simply couldn’t argue with what she had said. It was absolutely true that all of their current problems were medical related and the school couldn’t help at all with these issues. They withdrew their posters and banners and began to move off back to their respected homes. Yoona and Seohyun were extremely grateful to the duo, but Leeteuk was a lot more grateful and could finally show his face outside of the school. “Thank you so much, Vermilion and Sakura, without you guys, who knows how angry the crowd could have become…” Leeteuk sighed.

“Do not thank us, sir, thank Yoona and Seohyun. They were the ones who had orchestrated this entire appearance.” Vermilion explained.

“Wait… what?” Leeteuk asked with a confused expression.

“They sought us out on their own, determined to make a difference for their school. You should be proud of your student presidents.” Sakura hinted.

“Oh… umm… right... Yeah, these two are definitely my student body presidents. Quite the remarkable pair.” Leeteuk gave a thumbs up.

“We’d like to have a word with the girls if you don’t mind.” Vermilion requested.

“Oh, of course, I’ll just head back to my office. Girls, try not to be too late for class okay? I’ll inform your teachers the reason for your tardiness, but this doesn’t give you a free pass for period 1.” Leeteuk laughed.

 

The Im sisters approached the heroic duo and couldn’t help but appreciate them so much more for this appearance. “Oh my gosh you guys, you just got us the Principal’s vote for president. Thank you so much!!” Seohyun bowed continuously.

“No need to thank us, Seo, we’re glad to help you guys out. Come by the place tonight okay? The sooner we can begin, the faster you can both understand and master your powers, if you get some that is.” Vermilion hesitated.

“If? Why if?” Yoona asked.

“Well, you see, we get our powers from items called soul artifacts. Ours’ are stones, with souls of mythical creatures trapped inside of them and these magical creatures dictate whether they will grant you powers or not. Both of you have great hearts, so I believe you will be granted powers without a doubt, but there are some cases where the soul wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter