Chapter 37: High School in Turmoil

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few days later since Yoona and Seohyun had last seen Vermilion and Black Witch. They had hoped by now that the situation would have changed, but sadly their high school dilemma had blown massively out of hand. Multiple students were being taken to hospital every day and the school was taking a lot of heat from the parents. They had every right to be angered by this situation and in all honesty, who wouldn’t be enraged by the school's lack of awareness to such a dangerous drug. Many of the dealers within the school had gone into hiding and stopped selling the mimics, Taecyeon seemed like the only one willing to show his face around the school. Many had threatened to report him to the Leeteuk, but Yoona and Seohyun had to beg them to understand his situation. It was never his intention to let it get this far, of course, this doesn’t excuse his actions, but the girls wouldn’t let him suffer for desperately trying to make up for his father’s debt. Luckily from Taecyeon, an anonymous donation had found its way into his bank account. The Im sisters obviously knew who was behind the generous gift, but the real question was, where were they to stop the mimics completely? Sure, the school’s dealers had gone into hiding and many of the actual drug takers had tried their best to stop taking the pill immediately, but it was only a matter of time before the effects started to catch up to their immune system. The school didn’t need the drugs to disappear, that problem fixed itself, what was needed desperately now was a cure, or at the very least, hope that there was one. Doctors all over the city were continuously relaying the same information about the drug over and over again. And that information was, they had none, there was no documented existence of a drug that would boost strength and speed tenfold, while also causing extreme fatigue much later on. Some doctors would try to explain it similarly to a crash following increased hyperactivity from an energy drink, however, this effect usually happens immediately after the boost in energy from the drink had drained out. The drug’s fatigue side effect was a gradual draining effect and started happening well after even the very last pill that they digested, which is predominantly the reason why so many of the students didn’t believe there were any side effects to the pills.

 

In short, students were being rushed to the hospital on a daily basis, parents and guardians were fuming with rage and demanded some sort of explanation from the school board and many of the dealers were too ashamed to own up to their part of the giant issue. The school was so entangled in various problems, that not even the wonderful Bae Suzy and Lee Hyeri, could calm the crowds. The school needed hope, a leader that would guide them through the panic rather than hiding from it and Yoona and Seohyun knew that they would have to be the ones to do so. They stormed into Leeteuk’s office and found him hiding cowardly behind his office desk. “Yah! What the hell do you think you’re doing? Aren’t you gonna go out there and talk to those worried parents??” Yoona said with rage.

“Yoong, you still need to show some respect…” Seohyun whispered.

“Nah my respect for him has flown right out the window along with his backbone. Now hurry up and get out there to calm those parents!”

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed Yoona, but there’s nothing I can possibly say to calm them down. The doctors don’t even know what the hell this stuff is, how can I go out there confidently and tell them everything is going to be okay when I don’t even believe that?” Leeteuk reasoned.

“Going out there and at least trying to talk to them is more respectable than hiding behind your desk! If you don’t go out there, we will.” Yoona threatened.

“Oh yeah? And what exactly are you two going to do that will make the situation any better?” With that, Yoona stormed out of the principal’s office and met a wave of screaming parents.

 

“Where’s Leeteuk!?”

“Why isn’t he speaking to us?? Our child’s lives are at stake here…”

“Bring us the coward now!! We demand an explanation!” And the screaming only continued further.

“Yoong, what’s the plan here?”

“Don’t worry, I got this. Ahem!! Everyone settle down.” Of course, the crowd had done the complete opposite and only ramped up there insistent yelling.

“I SAID SETTLE DOWN!!!! If you want to know about the damn drug problem, I’ll answer your questions.” Yoona raised her hand. The offer to answer their questions was definitely within most of the parents’ interest, so they all settled down to ask questions in a more civilized manner. “Okay, what’s your question?” Yoona pointed at a lady down the far back.

“What happened to my son? Why is he in a coma at the hospital right now??” the lady sobbed.

“Ma’am, your son has taken a new synthetic drug known as mimics or also known by the street name M&Ms…” Yoona said as calmly as possible.

“What the hell is in those things?” a man screamed from the middle area.

“The chemical composition of the drug isn’t the problem at the moment in time sir, it’s the manufacturing process itself that has caused such horrendous effects.” At this point, the crowd were both confused and even more angered than before. Yoona truly wasn’t helping the situation at all. “Aish, I’ll take it from here.” Seohyun stepped forward.

“I’m sorry to have to inform you all about this plague that has hit our school, but please understand that no one is to blame for this event. Many of you are probably thinking, what about the dealers? The negligence by teachers? And the peer pressuring between students? Although these are all valid questions to ask, may I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter