Chapter 35: King's Plan

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Taeyeon had told Tiffany they were escorting the man to a “friend” that would be able effectively to interrogate him, she already knew Taeyeon was talking about Sunny. Tiffany was risking her own identity by entering Sunny and Yuri’s home, but for the most part, she was glad. She honestly and truly missed her friends, particularly Yuri. Tiffany was clearly at fault for that parting, her anger got the best of her and that cost her only best friend. Yuri was originally the person who comforted Tiffany during her lonely arrival to New York if it wasn’t for her best friend, who knows how early on she would’ve started to isolate herself from society. If it wasn’t for Yuri, Tiffany would have been living an extremely lonely existence ever since high school. Tiffany would do anything to get her best friend back, her girlfriend back and generally return to how things should have been. If she hadn’t turned to the dark side, if she had put faith in Taeyeon’s return regardless of the reason for her departure, she could have met a happy reunion with her a year and a half later.

 

The darkness within Tiffany could already feel her light shining through. Her desire to be with her friends once again was forcing the blackness that drenched her heart to subside. Soon, she would no longer be the Black Witch and soon, the stone would reject lending its power to her. The stone had always been used by a Wyvern within the Emerald Dragon Cult, but when it encountered Tiffany on that fateful day, it could sense the deep power she held. The deep power she suppressed along with her sorrowful memories. In some ways, Tiffany should be thankful to the stone, if it had never found her, she may have never discovered her ability for conjuration, which would have meant forever suppressing her darker thoughts. The Black Witch persona was a way for her to relieve all that pent up rage, anger and depression she had been storing ever since the passing of her grandmother. This doesn’t excuse the fact she had done terrible things as the Black Witch, such as brutally bludgeoning various crooks and thugs scattered among the downtown New York streets. It’s true that she regrets many of the things she had done under the name Black Witch, but she knew now what she truly wanted to do and it was to assist Vermilion/ Taeyeon, to being the beacon of hope that New York needs. Tiffany herself used to want that role, to be the one hero that the citizens would aspire to be like, but she’s seen how Taeyeon can touch the hearts of even the darkest souls. She’s seen Taeyeon’s ability to inspire even young high schoolers to pursue justice and order. Taeyeon was an endless burning light who would blast away the shadows where evil lurks, she was meant for this role. Tiffany, on the other hand, was so fixated on eliminating the evil, she became consumed by that notion and in return became the wickedness she sought to annihilate. Instead of inspiring the masses, she sent fear and terror to the streets and although it did help reduce the crime rate, living in fear for everyone wasn’t the proper way to be a hero. So, she decided on this day, whether Sunny decided to oust her or not, she would reveal to her friends who she had become and beg for their forgiveness.

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany and the currently tied up elementalists had finally arrived at SunRi’s apartment. Yuri, Sunny, and Hyoyeon were all waiting for them in the living room and Sunny and Yuri seemed particularly anxious from their entrance. “Yul, remember what we talked about okay? Don’t stare at her, don’t talk to her as if you know her, be cool. We don’t want her to acknowledge we know who she is, at best, we should wish that she should reveal herself to us.” Sunny communicated to Yuri through her mind.

“But if she sees you, she knows you can read minds right?” Yuri questioned.

“Whether she knows or not it doesn’t matter. We have to make sure we’re not the ones to oust her as being Tiffany all along. She has to do it herself so she shows that she trusts us with all her heart.” Sunny reasoned. Yuri simply nodded in response while Vermilion and Black Witch entered the living room. When Tiffany entered, she couldn’t help but allow a slight smile to escape on her face. It had been so long since she had been faced to face with Yuri and Sunny. She could already feel her self, beginning to bow for forgiveness, but like always, the soul stone serpent would constantly force her against such acts. ”Don’t show them your weakness child, they’ll feast upon it and force you to be a mere pawn in their operations. Vermilion is already multitudes stronger than you, why would they want you when they have her? Don’t waste your time by begging for forgiveness.” Hissed the soul stone.

“You don’t tell me what to do anymore! Never again will you reign over my mind and body. No longer will I be your slave! I’m taking charge now.” Tiffany commanded. The soul stone was already beginning to resist offering her magic, and the strain to continue conjuring her Black Witch outfit was becoming more encumber some by the second.

 

Taeyeon conjured a blindfold over the man as they all moved off into Taeyeon’s new hideout. She then sat the tied man down into a cold metal chair. He flinched at the coldness of the seat as it rushed through his nerves. “Is this how you treat a guest? I’m definitely not coming back here ever again.” He spat.

“Don’t have an attitude with me, , you’re lucky you’re still in one piece. You know just how powerful I am right?” Vermilion threatened.

“Ahh, don’t make me laugh! You’re powerful sure, but King already told us you never kill, so no use trying to act tough. You can keep beating me up all you want, I’ll just heal back and fight again.”

“Not without these you won’t.” Vermilion stripped the man of his blood red bracers and handed them over to Hyoyeon.

“These… they’re definitely the ones Vermilion. King is making Blood relics.” Hyoyeon warned.

“The question is, why? Care to enlighten us?” Vermilion asked.

“ you! I ain’t saying nothing about King’s plan, there’s nothing you can do to make me.” The man said. Sunny stepped forward and stared right up in his face, but the man had other ideas on where to place his eyes on. Yuri was about to step in to kick the out of the guy for staring at her girl in such a thirsty way, but Taeyeon held her back and mouthed “Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter