Chapter 12: The First Warning

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They four girls didn’t let the strange occurrence dampen their spirits. Of course, Tiffany was scared someone tried to mug her but seeing that new heroine really got her hopes back up. After karaoke, they went to multiple other spots to hang out as well like: the arcade, bowling and of course the buffet. The girls were exhausted from their eventful day and decided that it was about time they headed home, even if they would miss each other greatly. “Wow it’s already 9 pm guys, we should probably head home.” Said Taeyeon.

“But I still want to stay with you!” Whined Tiffany

“Tae’s right guys, it’s getting late and we need to catch up with the work we missed out on today.” Sunny agreed with Taeyeon.

“Ugh, way to be a killjoy Soonkyu.” Yuri pouted. The four said their goodbye and headed in separate directions. Taeyeon thought it was about time that she went home to Shinju, he probably missed her a lot. But since Taeyeon was such a gentlemen, she decided to walk Tiffany home first before she headed home herself.

 

The two had been walking hand in hand for a few minutes not saying a word. Taeyeon knew something was on Tiffany’s mind and she didn’t want to let it get any worse so she immediately asked her what was wrong. “Tiff, you alright?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Yeah, still just a little shaken up about the bag thief. I mean it’s cool that girl was there to save the day, but it really annoys me how dangerous this place can be.”

“You thought she was cool?” Taeyeon smiled to herself.
“Yeah, she was really cool. Kinda makes me wish that I could do something like that. You know, save people, help people and protect the innocent bystander.” Taeyeon was impressed by Tiffany’s words, Tiff never seemed to be the fighting type.

“Maybe you should focus on protecting yourself first Fany.”

“Yah I may look hopeless, but Yuri has actually taught me a lot about fighting. I bet I could pin you down in seconds TaeTae.”

“I’m sure you could Fany, but is it cause you’re good at fighting or I want you to pin me down?” Taeyeon winked.

“Ugh ert!” Tiffany laughed.

 

They finally reached Tiffany’s house and Taeyeon was glad to see Tiffany’s modest home. She would’ve felt quite intimidated if she found out her girlfriend was also a rich girl. The fact that Sunny and Yuri were both wealthy already made Taeyeon feel unworthy to be their friend, especially because of her broken down apartment. “What do you think of my house Tae?”

“It’s nice, not too big.”

“Yeah, I didn’t want something too big if I’m gonna live by myself.” Well, looks like she is indeed rich Taeyeon thought.

“Your parents bought you the house?”

“Nah it’s more like my grandma passed away last year and in the will her house had been given to my dad. They knew I wanted to study over in the east coast cause I got a scholarship at Columbia University, so they decided that instead of me trying to pay rent at an expensive New York apartment, I might as well just use grandma’s house. At first, I was skeptical cause I missed her a lot so being in the same house would bring back old memories and the house might feel really empty, but thanks to Yul who visits a lot I no longer feel that way.”

“Maybe I could come over some time as well?” Taeyeon suggested innocently.

“And what would you have in mind for us to do TaeTae?” Tiffany closed the gap between the two, things were getting a little hot.

“Hmm well, we could play games, watch movies…” Taeyeon still innocently suggested activities.

“Like Netflix and Chill?” Tiffany moved her head towards Tae’s neck and breathed heavily. Taeyeon finally noticed what was going on and although she was thrilled Tiffany wasn’t shy about skinship she’d prefer if things weren’t rushed. So she kissed the girl, engaging with the passion in the moment, but closed it off before Tiffany could get too into it the kiss. “Fany-yah you’re blushing.”

“Don’t tease me Tae.” She said with her husky voice.

“Look Fany I really like you, but this is my first relationship. Do you mind if we just stick with just kissing for now? And if you’re a good girl Tiff, I might warm up to your ideas a bit quicker.” Taeyeon winked. Of course, Tiffany wasn’t thrilled about the idea, but she wanted to respect Taeyeon’s choice. She gave the shorter girl a tight hug a kiss on the cheek and bid her goodnight. As Tiffany was opening the door, Taeyeon made one last comment for the girl. “Hey Fany, one last thing. You have a great !!” And after Taeyeon had finished her sentence she dashed off into the night.

“Aish this girl, biggest but still so innocent.” Tiffany thought.

 

It was Taeyeon’s turn to make it home and she didn’t live too far away from Tiff. Maybe around twenty or so minutes away, but on her way home, she felt like someone was watching her. She knew that New York was a dangerous area, but something, in particular, felt wrong in this moment. She started to run and could hear footsteps matching hers. Someone was pursuing her, but what did they want? Taeyeon turned into an alleyway so she could privately conjure her new costume once again. And as she turned with her bow drawn, an emerald-robed man revealed himself from the shadows. “Miss Kim your powers are truly incredible, but since I already know who you are, there’s no need for the hood.” The strange man said.

“You don’t deserve a glance at my beautiful face.”

“You’re quite the witty one aren’t you? Just like your father.”

“What do you know about my father? Tell me!”

“That is important information I cannot simply give it to you for free Miss Kim. So I have a proposal for you. You make this easy and hand over your stone, then I can tell you what you need to know. Or you can keep your stone, join us and learn about of your father that way. Those are your options.” Taeyeon wanted more than anything to find out about her parents, but she couldn’t join these men. They were obviously hiding something, a reason to why they wanted her stone so badly besides the fact it was strong, she couldn't let it fall into the wrong hands. “Keep your conditions to yourself. I’m not agreeing to any of them.” Taeyeon released her arrow and it was headed straight for the man’s chest, but before it could reach, a black wall had separated her from the man.
“Although you’ve learnt so much in such little time, you simply are no match for my impenetrable wards! Not even your precious phoenix soul can pierce my wyvern scales!” Taeyeon had no idea what this man was talking about. However she couldn’t focus on his nonsensical words, she needed to find a way to breach his defenses. She quickly climbed up the fire escapes in the alley to get a better vantage point. His wall did not defend him from above, so Tae drew her arrow once more and released.

 

“You really believe it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter