Bye Bye Jeon

I'll be Your Mama, Sweetheart

Lily was currently hiding standing next to the door of Haru's room. She had never been like this before and for that, she hated herself. Hiding and running away from her problems? This was so not Lily Han Areum. As she was having an internal battle, a voice snapped her out of it. One of the staff approached her with a concerned expression.

"Dr. Han, are you okay? Are you feeling unwell?" the young nurse asked.

Smiling awkwardly, Hanuel shook her head. "I'm just a bit tired from the on-call shift. Thanks for asking, Yuri."

The young nurse finally walked away after Lily insisted she was fine and promised to go straight home after her last task. A task that usually did not stress Lily this bad until the Jeon started appearing in her life. Her unhelpful brain suddenly recalled the incident that caused Lily to act like she was walking on eggshells whenever she was around the little Jeon.

"Just do your job as a doctor and stop pretending to be my daughter's mother," Jungkook's voice was cold when he spoke those words.

Every cell in Lily's body felt like they were about to combust from embarassment at that moment. Her mind went black as she stared at the man standing in front of her, face froze in shock. However, her brain got out from the shock state when she suddenly felt a weak tug on her coat from behind her, causing Lily to promptly turn around, only to find a teary-eyes Haru staring at her, then shifted her gaze towards her father.

"Appa, please don't be angry at Mama... Mama will be sad... Mama will leave..." Haru stuttered through her sob.

Lily was overwhelmed as she was stuck between the opposite requests of the two Jeons. Her mind and heart were on chaos. She knew she needed to get out of there quickly. So, she hastily placed a soft kiss on Haru's head as she dried her tears and whispered, "Please don't cry, baby girl. I have to go to work now but I promise to come and see you again very soon, okay?"

Extending her pinky, Haru stared at Lily's face. "You promise, Mama?"

Intertwining their pinkies together, Lily quickly nodded. She placed another kiss on Haru's soft brown hair and then straightened herself up. She turned around, slightly bowed her head towards Jungkook while muttering a quiet "I'm sorry" and quickly made her way out of the room.

Lily could never forget the anger and sadness she saw on Jeon Jungkook's face that day. Although his words hurt her pretty badly, she knew it was her own fault. She should never said "yes" when Haru called her "Mama". And she was never the one who lied for the sake of her patients. She didn't know what had gotten into her that day. It was like when Jeon Haru called her "Mama", that litte girl has awakened a feeling so strong inside Lily that she felt like would die for Haru. And that really scared Lily. Well, plus the little girl's annoyingly attractive father that she was pretty sure hated her very much since that encounter.

Lily sighed for the umptenth time before she inhaled a deep breath and slowly exhaling it. 

"You can do this, Lily. Just ignore him and be professional. Focus on Haru. Yes, focus on the cute Haru," Lily quietly muttered to herself. She then walked into the room, looking calm and collected on the outside but a nervous mess on the inside. 

"Dr. Han, here's the patient file," the nurse who was assigned to Haru handed her a pink file containing notes on Haru's progress during her stay at the hospital.

Flipping and reading through the file, Lily was using every inch of her willpower to not flinch under the stare from one of the two men sitting next to Haru. She also tried her best not to snap at the said guy who was watching her movement like hawk. For God's Sake! Don't you know staring is rude?! Lily mentally screamed in agony.

Haru who was sleeping, slowly waking up when Lily placed her stethoscope on the girl's chest. A grin formed on her face when her eyes met Lily's.

Lily has an awkward smile (but a very happy and warm feeling blooming in her chest) when a happy "Mama" came out from Haru's mouth. The nurse and the blonde guy who Lily recognized as the one who had brought Haru to the hospital, chuckled at Haru's excitement as she animatedly told how much she had missed Lily and that she really liked Bunbun (a bunny plushie Lily had given to her). With her big, now shining healthily eyes, she asked if she could take Bunbun home. Staring at Haru's cute face, Lily momentarily forgot about the little girl's father intimidating stare as she chuckled and bop Haru's cute nose with her finger.

"Of course, baby girl. You can keep Bunbun so then you won't forget me."

Jungkook was about to argue but Jimin not-so-subtle jab on his ribs stopped his words. He glared at Jimin but Jimin just smirked before taking out his mobile phone and started typing something. A few moments later, Jungkook's mobile phone dinged as it received a text. He huffed in annoyance as he read the message

Chim Hyung: You better behave or I'm gonna introduced her to your mother ;)

While Jungkook was planning how to kill Jimin in his sleep, Lily was smiling happily as she continued to listen to Haru's anecdotes throughout her 3-weeks stay at the hospital. After she finished checking her conditions and looking at her files, Lily looked at the little girl with her own grin. 

"Baby girl, you can finally go home today."

The sudden frown on the face of the 4-years old baffled all the adults in the room. Oh oh.. alarms went off inside Lily's mind when tears started b at Haru's formerly twinkling eyes. Jungkook also stiffed on his seat as he watched the drastic mood change of his precious daughter. 

"I don't want to go home. I want to see Mama everyday," Haru started sobbing. 

Lily was flabbergasted but what Haru said next almost knocked the doctor out and left Jungkook choking on his own saliva.

"Appa, can we take Mama home?" Haru asked through her tears as she looked at Jungkook while clinging to his arm.

It might be another beautiful day for other people but definitely not for Lily and Jungkook.